Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Music Collections..

Music Collections..
October 03, 2010, 10:36:34 PM
Hey i just wanted to know just how many of you collect CD's/Vinyls/Tapes.  The reason i ask is i read alot of people saying :

" deleted this one"
"downloaded that one"
"Downloaded their full discography"

Do alot of you just download for free or pay for the albums and then download??
Personally i use downloading only to see if the album/band is good, and if it is i get it on Vinyl(First priority) if it wasnt released on vinyl i go for CD and then tapes. If you are vinyl enthusiast which is your most prized record??

For me, ALL of Beherits records.

Re: Music Collections..
October 03, 2010, 10:46:34 PM
Prized possessions of mine are Darkthrone's first four, Burzum's first two, ITNE, DMDS, Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick, and the first Bathory LP, on vinyl.  Still waiting for Drawing Down the Moon to show up, almost a year, now...

October 03, 2010, 11:02:11 PM
I want those Morbid Angel LPS!! i have been trying to track those down, only for the MA fanatics!  I also just missed out on a re-release of Bathory's first, on grey vinyl.  i think primitive reaction still has some DDTM LPS for sale, might be pricey but its a CLASSIC.

October 03, 2010, 11:05:26 PM
I don't know if I could choose what my "most prized" vinyls are. Maybe my Graveland, Summoning, and Axis of Advance stuff. Ildjarn-Nidhogg will certainly be near the very top once I finally manage to acquire it. Unfortunately, due to a) low pressing limitations, b) reissues of excellent records, and c) the emergence of the "DIE HARD" phenomenon, some of them are inevitably going to be valued more for their rarity/physical quality than for their musical quality - even with the musical quality being high.

Still waiting for Drawing Down the Moon to show up, almost a year, now...
Not to turn this place into the NWN forums, but - Primitive Reaction reissued Beherit's catalogue not too long ago. Or is that what you were referring to - an order never received?

I also just missed out on a re-release of Bathory's first, on grey vinyl.
This should still be somewhat-widely available, along with all the other recent reissues up to & including Twilight of the Gods.

October 03, 2010, 11:07:25 PM
Summoning released Vinyls??? i had no knowledge of this.

Speaking of Bathory actually, amazon.com sold me a fucking bootleg BLOOD FIRE DEATH cd im almost 100% positive it is a phoney.

October 03, 2010, 11:09:00 PM
Temple of Darkness records. The first three full-lengths in a boxset, and Nightshade Forests and Oath Bound separately, as well as Lugburz.

October 03, 2010, 11:12:18 PM
i havent really gotten into the whole picture disc thing yet... they just have terrible sound, and if i was buying for the picture, i would rather have posters. My personal opinion.

October 03, 2010, 11:21:26 PM
I don't care for them at all myself - I think they look rather tacky, and like you said, a poster is much better. But in my experience the whole "picture discs sound worse" is very often a myth. The main problem with their quality is how quickly they degrade, not so much how they sound initially. All the picture discs I have -all of which I only have because there are no other vinyl alternatives- sound just dandy.

October 03, 2010, 11:31:41 PM
thats a bummer they degrade so fast.  You probably know about this but i was looking online at record players and they have these ones that read the vinyl through a laser rather than needle. too bad they are $10,000+

October 03, 2010, 11:48:14 PM
Temple of Darkness records. The first three full-lengths in a boxset, and Nightshade Forests and Oath Bound separately, as well as Lugburz.

I remember when this went on sale. Totally kicking myself for not grabbing it at that time.

Vinyl is great and all, I try to buy it when I can. Unfortunately with no suitable storage devices available to me at this time, I am holding off on going too crazy; I don't have anywhere to put a large collection. I do have room for CDs, however. Buying when you can really does make the music more valuable.

As for my obligatory "prized possession", probably Demilich - "Nespithe" or a rare 1985 Death live rehearsal, both on vinyl.

October 04, 2010, 01:41:17 AM
deadite: http://www.templeofdarknessrecords.com/mytemple/catalag.htm
They're still listed there... although the box isn't cheap, obviously.

October 04, 2010, 02:00:05 AM
deadite: http://www.templeofdarknessrecords.com/mytemple/catalag.htm
They're still listed there... although the box isn't cheap, obviously.

Yeouch! Thanks for the heads-up...but I really can't afford that.

October 04, 2010, 04:02:47 AM
I cant even download Nespithe.. except just listen to it through their website.  Cant even find that on CD right now

October 04, 2010, 12:30:36 PM
I cant even download Nespithe.. except just listen to it through their website.  Cant even find that on CD right now

???

You can find it on torrent sites pretty easily.

http://btjunkie.org/search?q=nespithe

October 04, 2010, 04:20:07 PM
Most of what I listen to is downloaded. I couldn't imagine having to pay for music and I am offended by people who use the number of cds/records/tapes/band shirts/posters/other metal product as some sort of status symbol. Nothing beats vinyl though. Best way to experience an album.