Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hail of Bullets: new album preview

Hail of Bullets: new album preview
October 04, 2010, 10:38:19 PM
http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=60569

Songs about the Pacific theater of WW2 - available until 12. October, it's now possible to listen for free(legally).

Re: Hail of Bullets: new album preview
October 05, 2010, 01:54:43 AM
I find it more interesting(musically) than the decidedly bland first one. I am almost physically incapable of fully disliking anything with VanDrunen on it, so I am biased from the outset, though.

October 05, 2010, 09:27:54 AM
It sounds allot like Death...the Brutal way, or maybe like what the songs that did not make the cut were like. This is far more true or "old school" as the un-informed like to call it.

Overall I am digging this far more then I would have expected, big improvement!!

October 05, 2010, 10:21:34 AM
Terrible production.

October 06, 2010, 01:01:11 AM
People hype the wrong fucking bands. Not that this is awful or anything but this is barely death metal compared to Dead Congregation. Hail disgusting blasphemous death metal!

October 06, 2010, 03:17:26 AM
People hype the wrong fucking bands. Not that this is awful or anything but this is barely death metal compared to Dead Congregation. Hail disgusting blasphemous death metal!

Save the sanctimony. This is a discussion board - no one is "hyping" anything. And if you have/had been around the site for any length of time you would already know that DC are very highly regarded by any number of us here.

October 06, 2010, 05:17:15 AM
Father Befouled then. New album last month and nothing here yet. Dead Congregation doesn't get the recognition they deserve either, even if they've been mentioned a few times on recent album lists. Death metal's corpse has in fact risen, and I don't think the current wave of Blasphemous DM has gotten through all the cynicism here and also in other places yet.
This isn't the only place I've seen Hail of Bullets discussed or hyped either. I was speaking generally.

I do think deathmetal.org is on the right track. The writers there I do not recognize from anus forums in the past though, and don't seem to share the cynicism which prevents many from even addressing these recent works fairly.