Metal > Metal

What if another good metal band ever existed?

<< < (3/10) > >>

metal on metal:
I suppose I won't listen to Legion in a long while, and haven't for more than 10 years. Archgoat's "Light Devouring Darkness", Morbosidad's "Profana la Cruz del Nazareno" and Excoriate's "On Pestilent Winds" are contemporary classics and I listen to them on daily basis. It's true they could never hold such an importance as, for instance, DDTM, but I like listening to this kind of metal and support quality "variations on the theme". You may say Archgoat's and Morbosidad's blasphemies are sad excuses for lyrics, but the atmosphere they manage to create in this simplicity is astounding. Pure alchemy.

istaros:

--- Quote from: Wolfgang on October 10, 2010, 01:43:17 AM ---So than what the fuck did you mean exactly?

--- End quote ---
I'm not going to hold your hand, wipe your ass, and help you to figure out how to step beyond having childishly defensive reactions. You should know how to do that on your own, and if you don't, you should learn, also on your own. You're a grown man.

--- Quote from: metal on metal on October 10, 2010, 04:31:10 AM ---I suppose I won't listen to Legion in a long while, and haven't for more than 10 years. Archgoat's "Light Devouring Darkness", Morbosidad's "Profana la Cruz del Nazareno" and Excoriate's "On Pestilent Winds" are contemporary classics and I listen to them on daily basis.
--- End quote ---
Contemporary classics? Archgoat is tolerable at best, and Morbosidad is even worse. I've never listened to Excoriate but seeing as you're lumping them into the same qualitative category as those two bands I'm far from interested. If you enjoy them, great, and I can even admit that maybe my own personal opinions of those two bands' works are incorrect(although, for multiple reasons, I highly doubt it) - but even taking that unlikely possibility into account, calling them "classics," contemporary or not, is ridiculous.

metal on metal:
As my screen name suggests, I'm primarily into artists whose work you prefer to call "neoclassical" (Kraftwerk, Schulze etc.) and not metal. That being said, I came to like a lot of extreme metal through the years. I don't think that succumbing completely to DLA is required for a quality membership on this forum: for instance, I still don't enjoy "Onward to Golgotha", which is presented as a milestone, but agree with almost all other reviews.

It's true Archgoat couldn't bring anything groundbreaking to our table even in their heyday, but their persistent satanic worldview, the repetitive pummeling of instruments and simple occult lyrics were only the basic ingredients. At first I found them too barbaric and repulsive, yet in a while it occurred to me these ingredients were only the means of ejection into the black space of their album artwork. Old and old-school b&w artworks are great for meditation (when I was 4-5 years old this kind of landscape was in my mind plenty of time). Archgoat are very effective, at least in my case.

On the other hand, I must agree with you, Istaros. It's not that I would die without these great new albums, and maybe calling them classics was too subjective. Playing Panzerfaust on repeat, I missed a lot of old classics worth investigating and maybe I'll even get into Incantation one day...

Sammaellofi:
Now answer me this:  What is the point of new good metal existing?  Why is it important?

Wolfgang:
"I'm not going to hold your hand, wipe your ass, and help you to figure out how to step beyond having childishly defensive reactions. You should know how to do that on your own, and if you don't, you should learn, also on your own. You're a grown man."

You made a scenesterish comment, got called on it and are lashing out bitterly when asked to clarify. This is like the third time in the last few days you've changed the meaning of your statements to maintain an adversarial opinion against something I've said to you. Whatever you're asshurt about, Venom or some shit, get over it. Maybe you're offended by the identification of the Burzum-fag crybaby stereotype. You specifically implied that wanting new quality metal is consumerism. My advice is don't hide from what you say.

And you're flat out lying when you say you won't touch my ass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version