Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Wisdom of the hobo

Wisdom of the hobo
October 11, 2010, 05:53:37 AM
I live in a flat and there's this hobo guy who occasionally sleeps in the hallway downstairs. He never leaves a mess and he's always very polite. He was sleeping there before I moved into the flat and I was told by my neighbor that he's ok so I never complained about it. I was also told that he's very smart, that he's one of those "too smart for society" type guys who's brain just can't handle a mundane existence (those are my neighbors words and yeah he's a hippie) One lady who lives upstairs of me spent months talking to the hobo when she was going through divorce and apparently he helped her through a lot of distress. I never spoke to him, I only passed him a few times when I got home late. Last weekend me and a friend had gone out and we were discussing women on our way into the flat. We were standing by the stairs next to where the hobo is usually lying but I wasn't paying attention to him. My friend said something about women and something funny happened. Suddenly the hobo interrupted him and said "son, if you don't start respecting women then you'll never find a woman worth respecting" We both looked at the hobo and he was just lying there on the floor with a sweater over his head. We were quite impressed by his interruption but we ignored him in fear of having some bum befriending us. He probably just wanted to get some sleep anyway. But later I thought some more about what he said and I realized that it was quite brilliant.

So ITT: wisdom of the hobos please. Anybody with similar experiences? What are your thoughts on hobos? Do you think that some of them are really too smart for society? And please more snappy one-liners from hobos (if you know any)

Re: Wisdom of the hobo
October 11, 2010, 07:20:01 AM

October 11, 2010, 02:14:55 PM
I was at an art gallery in the downtown area of my city when I was 17. The building was about 10 stories high with art exhibits on each floor. On floor 4 was a room with 3 homeless people inside it and an older photographer who had befriended them. The homeless guys were there to mooch hors d'euvres and wine, and when there's over 100 exhibits, each one serving wine and snacks, that's a pretty good score. This was at a time when I still wore metal shirts, denim, leather, spikes, and all that shit and my friends did too. The leader of the 3 (I say that because he was the only one that was articulate and outgoing enough to talk to us) approached us saying something like "My brothers! The apocalyptic warriors of the future are here!" He was a little drunk, but still coherent. I was getting there.

We continued in a conversation for a little bit longer. The Call of Ktulu came on over the radio and he was quick to turn it up loud enough for the rest of the art snobs to hear. I was pleased with this decision. He spoke to us about how civilizations are crumbling because "we've all been bred into the sheep mentality" and how "we must stand up and become wolves!". He told us he was homeless because didn't want to give money to the government or make anybody rich. He talked to us about how the apocalypse won't be brought on by gods but people and how our generation would be the one that has to witness it.

The gallery was closing and it was time for us to leave. He ended the conversation with this "Brothers! There will come a time when you must taste human flesh!"

October 14, 2010, 09:35:23 AM
Brunhilde: nobody cares.

October 15, 2010, 04:31:04 PM
Last time at the beach some hobo asked to ride my skateboard,  then after five minutes of riding around he challenged me to a game of skate (like horse) so i played him, and i lost, at the end i figured out he was actually Chris Haslam (pro skateboarder) and I got his autograph :D

October 15, 2010, 07:33:29 PM
that photo is priceless. funniest thing I've seen in a while.

October 24, 2010, 12:02:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rB8BdRNVnEI

oh hai there charles manson

Excellent video. Perennial wisdom right there.

October 25, 2010, 05:31:13 AM
Just a few nights ago the hobo pwned me in conversation. I tried starting a discussion about politics with him and guess what he said? "Everything is politics son, but politics isn't everything."

Boy did I feel stupid after that. He claims everything is philosophy in the end. I tried pwning him back by saying that only death is real and he mumbled something about slogans (I'm not sure whether he said "great, more slogans" or "I hate slogans" but it was something like that) We left it at that and I went up to my apartment. I don't wanna talk to this guy anymore, I just want to make him see the Until The Light Takes Us documentary and hear what he thinks of that! But I'm not sure if it's a good idea to let him sit on my couch, he smells pretty bad.

October 25, 2010, 08:16:27 AM
lol, okay.

October 25, 2010, 09:30:39 AM