Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

WTF Album & Music Video Moments

WTF Album & Music Video Moments
October 12, 2010, 04:13:50 PM
Throughout the annals of time there have been several music videos, and album covers that I have come acrossed with but one reaction in order...what the fuck... One such video being Cephalic Carnage's "Lucid Interval". From the morbidly obese safety pin sideshow man, to Lenzig Leil saying the words while they are screamed in the video...what the fuck is going on in this video....Anyone else?
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein

Re: WTF Album & Music Video Moments
October 12, 2010, 04:22:18 PM
Or you could just not listen to that band in the first place.

--

The music video was filmed in Norway  to complement the story idea of the song. The video contains scenes of the band performing and a back story of settlers bringing a new religion to the land. The singer / guitar player for Bathory, Quorthon, paid $5,000 out of his own pocket to film the music video.[citation needed]  Quorthon explained, "I have never seen it and I didn’t get to see any of the 60 hours of film we had worked on for several weeks."[citation needed]  He elaborated, "the guy who was responsible for the whole filming just went on holiday once the last shot was made and he was unheard from and impossible to reach." After several months later "he eventually did send us something," but it was 18 minutes of the 60 hours that were filmed. Meanwhile, it was assumed "the rest of the material is probably erased" and the final product was to remain the edited video that did not represent Quorthon's song idea. Ultimately, it became the first and last video Bathory would make.

That's pretty WTF. Makes me mad, ya know?

October 12, 2010, 04:28:34 PM
Well, actually I like Cephalic Carnage, But some of the moments in this band have absolutely confused the shit out of me. I just saw them live again though, and I enjoyed it. He's a really nice guy, which obviously means nothing for the music...blah.
-Albert Einstein

October 12, 2010, 09:26:45 PM
That is the most disgusting display of low bugetry and hilarious musicianship nonsensicality that I have ever stumbled upon...well...no it isn't, but that was fucking abominable.
-Albert Einstein

chv

October 13, 2010, 07:27:53 AM
That theater of tragedy video is a true representation of people who try to turn nihilism into an ideology.

October 13, 2010, 03:45:33 PM
Wow Theatre of Tragedy really give a voice to the mien of our time, I really liked the bit where the song cycled from the easily digestible chorus to the verse/bridge filler and back to the chorus with no musical progression whatsoever.
Bravo.
Rise Arjuna

October 22, 2010, 08:11:34 PM
pretty much everything by....

IMMORTAL !!
their album covers, band pics , music videos and  interviews are truly WTF,  even their music (but in a more positive way )

Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

November 12, 2010, 01:18:06 AM
pretty much everything by....

IMMORTAL !!
their album covers, band pics , music videos and  interviews are truly WTF,  even their music (but in a more positive way )

I was wondering when someone was going to mention Immortal.

You can't beat Doom Occulta for bad, bad music videos (and some funny song titles, at times) that's for sure. However, as noted, few have been able to match what they acheived with their first two albums.
"What does not kill me makes me stronger"
-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

November 12, 2010, 08:22:09 AM
Immortal grasped the morbid aesthetics of early black metal better than most but were unable/uninterested in refining it, either that or it was part joke. Bands today concentrate too much on refining the aesthetic to the point where it exceed the content itself.

November 12, 2010, 03:17:51 PM
Immortal grasped the morbid aesthetics of early black metal better than most but were unable/uninterested in refining it, either that or it was part joke. Bands today concentrate too much on refining the aesthetic to the point where it exceed the content itself.

I wouldn't even say exceed, I'd say the aesthetic IS the concept for a lot of bands nowadays, and that's why most of them are crappy.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 15, 2010, 07:48:52 AM
Anytime I see a band with a short haired member.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.