Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Origin

Re: Origin
October 13, 2010, 04:07:54 AM
I don't mind Origin's first album. The whole gravity blast thing is unappealing as it's primary intention is to show just how "skilled" one is....

I saw you comment on Death's Philosopher video the other day on youtube. Your comment (AIDS) was fitting. However I must respond to the above statement with ;

AIDS

Do you not like the fact that I don't "mind" Origin's first album or the gravity blast "thing". Or was the entire comment AIDS infested? Do tell.....

October 13, 2010, 04:26:06 AM
I sincerely hope that the rest of this forum is not simian idiocy...rethorics do not exist, and you are trolling you bumbling fucking dolt. Go forum fuck elsewhere you nonsequiturs.

October 13, 2010, 07:29:24 AM
I sincerely hope that the rest of this forum is not simian idiocy...rethorics do not exist, and you are trolling you bumbling fucking dolt. Go forum fuck elsewhere you nonsequiturs.

AIDS

October 20, 2010, 11:34:37 PM
This band is shit. Kill yourself.

October 21, 2010, 01:05:48 AM
Yes, these guys are awful at writing songs. If you can't tell the difference between this and good metal, I suggest you start all over again at Black Sabbath and work your way up.

October 25, 2010, 04:33:45 PM
they were fun live. james lee has a funny stage persona and they obviously don't take themselves too seriously.

their albums? unlistenable.

October 28, 2010, 01:23:39 PM
They're a one trick pony. Blastblastblastblast sweep sweep squeal, etc. Sure, its intense for like 5 minutes, then you realize that they have no idea how to write songs, they just play really fast in the hopes no one will notice.

Today at ANUS:

deadite reviews all metalcore in two sentences, and nails it.

October 28, 2010, 11:15:54 PM
holy smokes, close this thread.

November 11, 2010, 02:53:47 AM
until you realize that even the most generic metalcore sounds nothing like origin at all

you guys here are still really clueless about any music outside of your preferred taste

November 11, 2010, 11:40:04 PM
until you realize that even the most generic metalcore sounds nothing like origin at all

you guys here are still really clueless about any music outside of your preferred taste

They sound nothing alike unless of course "shit" in itself is made into a genre concept.

November 17, 2010, 01:32:22 AM
HERP DERP
k kid
They sound nothing alike unless of course "shit" in itself is made into a genre concept.
that wasn't clever at all. you people here are really boring.

November 17, 2010, 01:51:16 AM
bovine - let me try to address your query.

What Conservationist means when he refers to Origin as metalcore is that they're just throwing in a bunch of elements and calling it a song. There is little fluidity in most of Origin's material, and they seem to rely far too much on instrumental technique instead of writing. Their writing process would not surprise me if it was like "OK what next? How about a sweep? Next? How about more sweeps? Keep blasting the whole time, John, don't stop unless you're doing a fill." Metalcore as a genre is notorious for its lack of cohesion.

I don't think Origin are a metalcore band, but I also wouldn't call them purely death metal either. They're a mix, but it isn't deathcore or anything. It's pretty dull either way cause the novelty wears off pretty quickly.

November 17, 2010, 02:10:59 AM
I'm bored with philosophical ramblings. Modernity is natural. Entertain me. Or maybe I need a break from the intertard.

November 17, 2010, 02:47:41 AM
I'm bored with philosophical ramblings. Modernity is natural. Entertain me. Or maybe I need a break from the intertard.
From a deterministic point of view I don't see how you can say modernity is anything but natural.

Not for this thread; though, unfortunately, you decided to delete the one I posted to discuss just this in probably on the basis of simply not liking what I had to say.