Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Origin

Origin
October 12, 2010, 04:21:06 PM
Why does it seem that everyone I come acrossed, absolutely despises this band. Whether they say that they are trying too hard to be "technical", or all of the songs sound the same. I am simply wondering how anyone could doubt the power of "Antithesis"...simply wondering.

Re: Origin
October 12, 2010, 04:22:13 PM
Please spend time reading and responding to existing threads before starting new ones.  You'll find that by using the search feature, there are preexisting conversations in which these topics have been discussed. 

October 12, 2010, 04:28:52 PM
They're a one trick pony. Blastblastblastblast sweep sweep squeal, etc. Sure, its intense for like 5 minutes, then you realize that they have no idea how to write songs, they just play really fast in the hopes no one will notice.

October 12, 2010, 04:33:14 PM
I can see why one would think that, however, have you listened to any of their earlier albums?

October 12, 2010, 05:02:32 PM
Novelty band based around brutality. I don't know if it "wears off" as much as "gets really really fucking annoying" within five minutes, but it does something I don't like.

Also - isn't death metal supposed to have riffs?

October 12, 2010, 07:35:05 PM
Also - isn't death metal supposed to have riffs?

Not since Nile.

October 12, 2010, 09:32:03 PM
Excuse me...what the fuck are you talking about, I can barely dissect your conversation and peice it back together into anything in my language... My argument was viable, my meaning held purpose...what are you on about?

October 12, 2010, 09:39:21 PM
I can see why one would think that, however, have you listened to any of their earlier albums?

Yeah. They're all the same. The one song of theirs which has any sort of dynamics is "Portal", and even then it's not much. I've seen them live too. Not much to get excited about, apart from Longstreth's drumming and the dexterity of the bassist.

You're better off listening to something else.

October 12, 2010, 09:41:14 PM
What you speak of are Rhetorics...not rethorics. I'm not trying to be an ass here, simply attempting to show you that you ought not correct someone such as myself when you yourself quite obviously need some variation of correction on what you do on this forum. I have displayed my argument in simple, slate view, for everyone else. No other problems have arisen... I hold my vernacular and spelling close to me, as they are a part of human interaction...

October 12, 2010, 09:44:32 PM

Yeah. They're all the same. The one song of theirs which has any sort of dynamics is "Portal", and even then it's not much. I've seen them live too. Not much to get excited about, apart from Longstreth's drumming and the dexterity of the bassist.

You're better off listening to something else.

Not my most prized of bands I assure you, I simply see the skill in antithesis and truly appreciate what this band has done in their career. That is all. I understand what you mean though.

October 12, 2010, 09:51:37 PM
What you speak of are Rhetorics...not rethorics. I'm not trying to be an ass here, simply attempting to show you that you ought not correct someone such as myself when you yourself quite obviously need some variation of correction on what you do on this forum. I have displayed my argument in simple, slate view, for everyone else. No other problems have arisen... I hold my vernacular and spelling close to me, as they are a part of human interaction...

You are wrong. Gramatical errors are not even errors to begin with. The meaning inherent to language itself trascends its physical manifestation, i.e., written text, verbal speach, bodily gestures, and such.
What you are doing, is a sanscrit-buddhist-hindu tactic. You will not succeed.
Not as long as Philosophy reings.
And the Owl of Minerva spreads her Wings.
At Nightfall.
There are no words for the drug induced nonsense that I feel this is... what you are saying, for all intents and purposes, is that; because you feel that I know what you mean, then there is no need for grammatic correction. Why the fuck ...you know what...never mind...there are no words...there really are no words...you seem to hold some semblance of intellect, please use it.

October 12, 2010, 11:12:40 PM
I am using it. And there are words. You are writting them, as am I. You are reading them, as am I.
You feeling is correct, but you do not know which drug I am experiencing at this very moment.
It is neither marihuana, LSD, cocaine, heroine, or morphine.
It is nicotine.
Is it really necessary to distinguish between heroin and morphine?  I mean they are basically the same substance, and heroin is metabolized into morphine anyway.

Quote from: Lama
What you speak of are Rhetorics...not rethorics.
Rethorics is different than rhetorics.  Rethorics is to thorics as republican is to publican.  Thorics relates to the reciprocity between ploughs and cut wormen.  Rethorics is the resurrection of this idea in a way only intelligible to those who have experienced the sheer bliss of violent, unlubricated sodomy on poppers.

October 13, 2010, 01:37:25 AM
Origin is garbage. Abysmally boring live. Bland bland bland. But wait, it has sweeps and blasting and generic growls, that isn't supposed to be boring, it's far too brutal.

October 13, 2010, 02:25:23 AM
I don't mind Origin's first album. The whole gravity blast thing is unappealing as it's primary intention is to show just how "skilled" one is....

October 13, 2010, 02:32:41 AM
I don't mind Origin's first album. The whole gravity blast thing is unappealing as it's primary intention is to show just how "skilled" one is....

I saw you comment on Death's Philosopher video the other day on youtube. Your comment (AIDS) was fitting. However I must respond to the above statement with ;

AIDS