Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Prosthetics In Ancient Egypt

Prosthetics In Ancient Egypt
October 12, 2010, 10:11:31 AM
Recently I was perusing some articles and I came acrossed one regarding the use of prosthetics in ancient times. It really astounds me that people these days see things such as this as completely profound. The ancient egyptians are one of the greatest classical influences on intelligence. Next to the romans, they have some of the most astonishing things of their time, and still people wonder how they could want an artificial toe when one is lost. The logistics of the entire situation are amazing however. /news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/07/070727-egypt-toe.html

Re: Prosthetics In Ancient Egypt
October 13, 2010, 04:37:51 AM
And yet they practiced magic.

October 13, 2010, 06:20:23 AM
It was a magic existence

October 14, 2010, 12:12:05 PM
Interesting.  However, many great civilizations were still practicing magic/rituals/whateverweirdstuff so that's not too big of an issue to me.  It's still retarded though....

Reginald Gillette:  How many posts in your post count can attribute to that same damn message?

October 14, 2010, 12:51:05 PM
It is not in any way retarded, not even in the smallest way. I am starting to study magical/occult books while also practicing some stuff (meditation, yoga). It has solid foundations, and my only doubt is if one can really affect the physical world outside of the mind with magic. Sometimes I'm inclined to think it's possible. Leaving that aside (transformation of the outside world trought magic), rituals and weird stuff are extremely powerful, as anyone who thinks about it can conclude, they can give power, confidence, superhuman strenght, induce visions, trance, total calmness, decrease fear (ever read that some people did rituals before war?), etc. Really, anyone with a scientific tought can confirm that to themselves by mere ponderation on the human mind/emotions, facts (remember the priest in the exorcist talking about a woman who lifted a car to save her daughter?).

It would be also funny to see someone who watches movies/TV, uses any kind of drug (alcohol, nicotine, cannabis, etc.), play games, etc. to say that having visions while in trance (I bet it beats watching movies), or meditating to achieve some kind of light (drinking alcohol to increase pleasure and relaxation), dealing with complicated esoteric stuff and rituals (like playing a game but more demanding and it actually produces some change)among other things, are retarded. (I'm not saying you are such people). I think it would be alike to seeing people who like to watch movies (visual and audio illusion), or who likes to see optical illusions that appear to be moving, considering retarded a person that wants to experiment with vision-inducing substances.