Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Recommendation Thread

Recommendation Thread
October 12, 2010, 10:25:45 AM
I consulted my search tool, and, coming up with no recommendation threads to speak of, I propose a thread in order that people searching for new music might find what they are looking for, from other experienced aficionados. What I am searching for would fall under Technical Death with really audible bass guitar, such as Pavor or Obscura.

Re: Recommendation Thread
October 12, 2010, 10:31:21 AM
Try this band called ATHEIST. They have an album called UNQUESTIONABLE PRESCENCE and also an album called PIECES OF TIME (they only made two albums as far as I know).

While you're at it, head over here: DLA

October 12, 2010, 10:34:02 AM
Try this band called ATHEIST. They have an album called UNQUESTIONABLE PRESCENCE and also an album called PIECES OF TIME (they only made two albums as far as I know).

While you're at it, head over here: DLA
Atheist is fucking brilliant, already heard them though. Thanks for the suggestion I had no idea that that existed.

October 12, 2010, 02:12:24 PM
Try Augury - Concealed is a little abstract, whereas Fragmentary Evidence is a little more cohesive, as well as having better production - guitars are more compressed, but there's more space in the final product, giving the bass more room to breathe.

I've played with these guys a few times now, and they're a class act all the way.

October 12, 2010, 02:38:31 PM
Oh thanks, but I've enjoyed augury for quite a bit now, actually I really enjoy fragmentary a  LOT. It seems as though there isn't a lot of activity on this forum from regular users... sad day.

October 12, 2010, 02:48:23 PM
Oh thanks, but I've enjoyed augury for quite a bit now, actually I really enjoy fragmentary a  LOT. It seems as though there isn't a lot of activity on this forum from regular users... sad day.

There actually is. You are active, so am I, so are many others. And if there aren't, it is because they have even better things to do than to ask recommendations on a web forum.

I recomend you listen to this:

TIAMAT - WHATEVER THAT HURTS (OFFICIAL VIDEO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB9YYC-8jwY
And I'm not being sarcastic here. I love this band and this video, it is one of the best Doom Metal videos ever made, one of the best SONGS ever made, one of the best VIDEOS every made.

And, I will not put this in your other thread that you requested for videos, simply because it is unnecessary. You can ask a mod to move this post, but they will probably rip your fucking head instead. And that is perfect, and you must understand that. And I'm not being sarcastic, since I haven't made single crybaby report to the Mods of this Forums so as not to waste their valuable time. In other words, if you are "grown-up" enough to even use a personal computer to begin with, and you are at the American Nihilist Underground Society Metal Forums, then you know how to behave yourself already.
Or don't you?
Oh, pardon me, I did not mean to disturb your superior elite metalness with my mere mothergoosery...jesus. I'm simply searching for good music of a specific genre...there is nothing wrong with that.... and why would I ask any topic to be moved from any thread? I'm not on metal-archives, there for I am not a pompous ass. Rethink your options before posting arrogance to the likes of me, I will not respond to hubris in the future...it's just annoying.

October 12, 2010, 04:15:20 PM
If only this site had some section in which it could review and recommend various bands.  That's something you guys ought to work on.  It should be easily accessible, like a single link from the first page, and you should be able to sort the reviews either alphabetically or by genre.  That would be a good idea.

October 13, 2010, 08:12:27 AM
If only this site had some section in which it could review and recommend various bands.  That's something you guys ought to work on.  It should be easily accessible, like a single link from the first page, and you should be able to sort the reviews either alphabetically or by genre.  That would be a good idea.

Post them at metal archives. The quality of reviewer has increased dramatically over the last few years. Let Hessian voices be heard in the most obvious place.