Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Brew

Brew
October 12, 2010, 02:19:07 PM
What's your favorite kind of beer? I realize that this isn't exactly awe inspiring, thought provoking conversation for most of you, and I may even get some imbecile purists trolling my thread simply because I posted something outside of the norm. However, my favorite beers are still, and always will be...amazing.
Rogue Stout
Double Bastard
Hop Zaar
Most IPA's
Pretty much anything by Lagunitas, especially maximus.and Alpha, Tango, Foxtrot: Jobless recovery ale.
Discuss, Expound, do what ye will.

Re: Brew
October 12, 2010, 02:56:20 PM
Corona Lime.

October 12, 2010, 03:00:37 PM
Sam Adams.

October 12, 2010, 03:26:58 PM
Try Flying Monkeys' "Hoptical Illusion" Almost IPA, Tuborg, Holsten Festbock, St. Ambroise Imperial Stout (as well as their Pumpkin Ale - seasonally available), Dead Elephant, and Wellington County anything.

October 12, 2010, 03:41:27 PM
My favorite beer? Skullsplitter. Either that or Yuengling Black & Tan.

As Wolfgang mentioned, Sam Adams has a bunch of flavors which range from good to downright odd to mediocre. I'm partial to the Cherry Wheat and Blackberry Witbier.

I can't appreciate most IPAs. Dogfish Head of Maryland is the only brewery which has made one to my liking. I prefer darker drafts.

October 12, 2010, 04:49:10 PM
Try Flying Monkeys' "Hoptical Illusion" Almost IPA, Tuborg, Holsten Festbock, St. Ambroise Imperial Stout (as well as their Pumpkin Ale - seasonally available), Dead Elephant, and Wellington County anything.
Blaphbee? that is an ancient screen name.

I like these: Badger Poacher's Choice; Duvel; Tanglefoot.

October 12, 2010, 05:02:21 PM
Leinenkugel sunset wheat, Murphys double chocolate stout, Boddingtons pub ale, and you can never go wrong with Guiness.

October 12, 2010, 05:24:20 PM
Sam Adams is my American commercial standard, but if I have my way, Sam Smith's or St. Peter's porters.

October 12, 2010, 06:08:17 PM
i like beer that is brewed in house at pubs and restaurants, they have a way better flavour.  Bottled and canned just doesnt cut it, so i keep it simple, and cheap = Molson Canadian, Kokanee, and Budweiser. Favorite whiskeys are Jack and Jim

October 12, 2010, 08:40:58 PM
Blaphbee? that is an ancient screen name.

I like these: Badger Poacher's Choice; Duvel; Tanglefoot.

Yeah, it's been awhile. Just rediscovering the internet once more from that time.

Duvel? I've never been partial to that particular brew. I wish I could get behind the stale tap water Parasite recommends, but I like beer with flavour - and alcohol - myself. Although, I will say this: it's getting harder and harder to drink bottled or canned beer anymore - it's too heavy. It's gotta be draught now - which, considering my above list, makes it hard to find a good watering hole.

October 12, 2010, 10:15:53 PM
Hoegaarden.....

The Belgians produce extraordinary beer....