Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Fast food never rots

Fast food never rots
October 13, 2010, 07:39:05 PM
Feeding kids this confection treat as a replacement for less convenient wholesome foods is child abuse/neglect.

Vladimir Lenin, King Tut and the McDonald's Happy Meal: What do they all have in common? A shocking resistance to Mother Nature's cycle of decomposition and biodegradability, apparently.

That's the disturbing point brought home by the latest project of New York City-based artist and photographer Sally Davies, who bought a McDonald's Happy Meal back in April and left it out in her kitchen to see how well it would hold up over time.

The results? "The only change that I can see is that it has become hard as a rock," Davies told the U.K. Daily Mail.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101012/bs_yblog_upshot/mcdonalds-happy-meal-resists-decomposition-for-six-months

Re: Fast food never rots
October 13, 2010, 07:53:44 PM
Also, the meat never turns any other color than that deathly grey. You'll never see any gradation of red come from it (even though you'd expect meat to exhibit it's natural color).

October 13, 2010, 10:14:14 PM
An excellent book on this subject is "Fast Food Nation" by Eric Schlosser.

Interestingly, I don't believe the burgers actually have a strong taste. Their flavor is manufactured in chemical plants.

October 13, 2010, 10:31:33 PM
Meh, I read about this photographer too and all it did for me was remind me how incredibly stupid modern art is and how it lacks any imagination. When I was about 15 I did the exact same thing, just for laughs. I went to McDonalds (where I normally never went because I never liked their food) bought a happy meal and let it rot in a room for a few months, then I took some pictures. Guess what? The food did turn green and rot appeared on both the fries and the burger (and obviously the bun started rotting as well) Whoever did this experiment probably left the food unventilated because then everything just turns hard. Just look at the bun... you'd at least expect bread to rot wouldn't you? So I consider this nothing more than scare propaganda. "Ooooh look at how McDonalds food rots, there's something weird about it!" Open their skulls and expose them to the real rot! McDonalds is just a symptom of the real problem.

Oh and modern art sucks.

October 14, 2010, 01:30:50 AM
Have you guys actually seen "Super Size Me?"

There is one guy in that move that drinks -NINE FUCKING LITERS OF COCA-COLA-, per -FUCKING DAY!-

Diabetes, anyone?

Here is the proportions of sugar/liter for Coca-Cola:

1 Kg of Suger per 1 Liter of Liquid.

Look, I'm sorry if I use another metric system, but what I just wrote is that Coca-Cola is PURE FUCKING SUGAR.

THEY EVEN USE THAT BEVERAGE TO LOOSEN UP INDUSTRIAL BOLTS ON LARGE-SCALE FISHING BOATS!!!!

Can you imagine just how it leaves your fucking TEETH?

Oh yeah, not to mention DIABETES.

I prefer this one, it makes about as much sense as the concept of Super Size Me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssf7088paXA

Welcome to the first world, the civilized world, where talented people who can afford it sacrifice themselves nobly to prove to us what we could already know if we didn't have our heads jammed so far up our asses. Up next: is it possible to survive solely on jenkem? Is it really not ok to drink battery acid? Cancer; what's the big deal about it anyway?

October 14, 2010, 01:37:01 AM
Fight the aging process, inject McDonalds into your skin!

With our new McDonalds embalming fluid, you can rest in peace knowing that you'll never rot!

October 14, 2010, 04:56:56 AM

1 Kg of Suger per 1 Liter of Liquid.

Look, I'm sorry if I use another metric system, but what I just wrote is that Coca-Cola is PURE FUCKING SUGAR.

Where did you get this information? It's actually more like around 100g/L, which is around the same concentration as in fruit juice. Diet Coke is nasty though, I would drink ten cans of normal Coke before I'd touch the artificial sweetener crap in that stuff.

October 14, 2010, 08:22:03 PM