Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Technical Black Metal?

Re: Technical Black Metal?
May 27, 2006, 04:42:23 PM
Although they're not the best band in the world, I think someone should really mention Abigor.  Nachthymnen and Orkblut are their most definitive releases in my opinion.

I second Nokturnal Mortum's Nechrist and Averse Sefira's Tetragrammatical Astigmata, and Immortal, sortof..

Also, what's the distinction between "technical" and "intricate" or "dense" music.  I bring this up because of albums like Summoning's newest, which definetely doesn't fit the traditional definition of technicality, but there is A LOT of music going on in there.

May 27, 2006, 06:45:42 PM
Check out Children of Maani

Nile577

May 29, 2006, 04:20:14 AM
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War

The question is strange anyhow. I think 'technicality' (I by far prefer the term 'complexity') only has value as far as it allows a band to better express its artistic concept.

Admiring complexity in itself - or worse, 'whether they can pull it off live' - reduces Metal to a novelty circus.

Vajra

June 01, 2006, 06:49:50 AM
Thus spake Dream Theatre.

July 04, 2006, 11:04:48 AM
about techinal black metal enslaved's frost is techinal

July 28, 2006, 10:01:37 PM
Stiny Plamenu is the closest thing I have heard to technical black metal.

July 29, 2006, 02:13:18 AM
Unquintessence is quite intrincate.

September 14, 2006, 06:10:36 PM
Wot hapin?

Technical (adj) : 1. Of or characteristic of an art, science or trade. 2. Of or showing technique 3. Considered so by a stringent interpretation of the rules

In regards to #1 & #2:  
Taake (Nor) - ...Doedskvad, 2005

*fiddle-dee-dee*
----------------------------------------------
Fite dat muthafukin' plague!

September 14, 2006, 07:17:26 PM
Necromantia managed to be fairly technical without choking on their own semen.

September 18, 2006, 03:56:14 PM
Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War

The question is strange anyhow. I think 'technicality' (I by far prefer the term 'complexity') only has value as far as it allows a band to better express its artistic concept.

Admiring complexity in itself - or worse, 'whether they can pull it off live' - reduces Metal to a novelty circus.

I agree, if you only admire the talent of a musician, your appriciation of the band can go no further than such admiration, you cannot appreciate it as art or get as much out of it as a band that is less technical but presents a far more complex message.
In a state of permanent Abyss