Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

David Icke

Re: David Icke
October 18, 2010, 01:53:27 PM
That is possibly true, although now I see the point a lot more clearly.

I see the happenings in the world as a result of unseen forces which are not material in essence, but govern the arrangement of the physical reality. Even if there would exist a theory which accurately described the conspiracy of world domination, I couldn't perceive that conspiracy as anything but a manifestation of the undercurrent. It's just that every time someone introduces reptilians, Annunakis or (exclusively) Jews as an incarnation (and not a puppet) of these forces, another fragment of my will to investigate dies away in disappointment...

I feel pretty similarly about it.  In an earlier post I referred to Icke as "more or less batshit crazy", and I feel that was a bit sharp.  I have a lot of respect for him, particularly for staring down all the slander he's received in the last 20 years.  The guy has been subjected to basically 'round the clock ridicule and he's still doing his thing.  My skepticism of his sanity stems more from his willingness to subject himself to brutal criticism than anything to do with lizard men and aliens.  Fundamentally, though, the notions of illuminati, reptilians, or any unseen hand aren't far removed from the judeo-christian mythos that people like Icke allege is poisoning humanity.   As you've no doubt paid some attention to the rantings of Icke and his ilk, you've notice that most of them acknowledge a higher power that differs only nominally from the so-called one true God.  

Icke will say that a character like Jesus Christ (as distinguished from the historical Jesus) is used to herd the masses while at the same time positing that humanity is united in love, compassion and understanding, and that an invisible dimension awaits us after death if we accept love fully.  The notion that the illuminati/reptilians/annunakis/nephilim are hiding away in a castle somewhere, controlling everything bears a striking similarity to the powers believers invest in a god or demon.  Icke's theory is that our "gods" exist, that they're evil, and our goal should be unconditional love in order to defeat them.  The teachings of Christ posit Satan as every bit as real as the reptilians, and that the only way to defeat him is through unconditional love.  Do devout Christians view Satan as a symbolic or archetypal figure?  No, he's every bit as real as God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost.  In fact, the other three can't exist without Satan.  If, according to Icke, the reptilians introduced all of the world's religions to herd us, what does it say about their intelligence if they presented us with a fundamentally accurate account of how to defeat them?  

For my money, it's all a bit too simple.  9/11 truthers (whatever that means) are content with the idea that a multiplicity of ideas are invented to conceal a very simple plan.  Icke is a strong proponent of all the 9/11 controlled detonation/inside job blather.  Why is it intellectually any more satisfying to accept the reality that a race of devious lizard men are manipulating politicians to cover up the destruction of the World Trade Center than ta reality where a bunch of ugly brown men in sandals boarded planes with boxcutters?  Well, one is part of a cosmic or numinal goal carried out by the highest power as part of their systematic plan for humanity.  The other is a bunch of rag tag misfits who sat around collecting money until they had enough to blow some white people's shit up.   You'll hear a lot of religious fanatics saying that 9/11 was God's punishment for the sins of the United States - if I recall correctly, some people actually claimed they saw the face of the devil in a plume of smoke that bellowed from one of the towers.  How is this any different from Icke's account of the truth?  They're not, really.  All are guilty of negating the likelihood of other human beings to do us massive harm of their own accord. 

October 18, 2010, 03:00:47 PM
As you've no doubt paid some attention to the rantings of Icke and his ilk, you've notice that most of them acknowledge a higher power that differs only nominally from the so-called one true God.  

Concerning the higher power, we all acknowledge gravity. The laws governing gravity emanate from the same source as the laws governing the forces I mentioned in the previous post. If there is some consciousness involved in developing the global (and cosmic) movements we experience and witness, it certainly cannot be represented adequately by reducing it to an all-too-human approximation. There was a saying in ancient Greece, that myths emerged when people became too stupid to understand completely the vast content of the symbols, watering down their power in need of additional clarification.

October 18, 2010, 09:49:00 PM
If, according to Icke, the reptilians introduced all of the world's religions to herd us, what does it say about their intelligence if they presented us with a fundamentally accurate account of how to defeat them?

It says they try and mix truth with lies, to make the lies that much more believable. If there is a strategy to defeat them, wouldn't they pay particular attention to subverting it? This is one of my main gripes with Icke, that he's been fed stuff and he believes it and he does their work for them, he makes the truth sound dubious and he gives partly bad information/advice.