Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

SIG:AR:TYR interview in Worm Gear

SIG:AR:TYR interview in Worm Gear
May 25, 2006, 07:47:10 PM
I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys "viking metal" but thinks the term is as dumb as most of the bands playing it.

SIG:AR:TYR is an incredible journey into the other realm.  The two releases are mostly instrumental and incorporate tasteful and superb virtuoso acoustic talent as well as classic Bathory themed dirges.  You can download songs on his website http://www.sigartyr.com

I would never start a topic to promote someone's band if I wasn't absolutely convinced that many people on this board would take something away from these listens.  

There is also an interview for the latest Worm Gear update: http://www.crionicmind.org/wormgear

Re: SIG:AR:TYR
May 27, 2006, 05:05:04 AM
Very interestning ; but I can't help thinking about Opeth.

Thats the most depressing thing I've ever read.

June 21, 2006, 02:39:25 AM
The comparison with Opeth was a trap; I wanted to see what would be the reaction(s)  ;D

Thanks for posting this link, I'm surprised that nobody else on this forum found anything to say...

That's cause we're sheep who have no further interest in this forum than luring unsuspecting Opeth fans in only to turn around and piss on their idols.

Didn't you know? You seemed to be going alright for while, but then you blew your cover!

June 21, 2006, 04:13:16 AM

That's cause we're sheep who have no further interest in this forum than luring unsuspecting Opeth fans in only to turn around and piss on their idols.

Didn't you know? You seemed to be going alright for while, but then you blew your cover!

;D

June 21, 2006, 05:16:44 AM
That group (one man band ?) is great. And I'm not sure it's the same for Opeth, so the link between the too is unexistant.

The new CD is more metal, mostly influenced (and we see it clearly) by Hammerheart and Twilight of the Gods of Bathory : two masterpiece.

Nothing ''new'', but very well done.

The accoustic album is great too.

All is great about this ''band'', and I wait for the new album, if there's one, with impatience !