Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Eugenics in action

Eugenics in action
October 18, 2010, 12:06:14 AM
Drug addicts across the UK are being offered money to be sterilised by an American charity.

Project Prevention is offering to pay £200 to any drug user in London, Glasgow, Bristol, Leicester and parts of Wales who agrees to be operated on.

The first person in the UK to accept the cash is drug addict "John" from Leicester who says he "should never be a father".

The move has been criticised by some drug charities who work with addicts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11545519

Re: Eugenics in action
October 18, 2010, 12:14:41 AM
'Simon Antrobus, chief executive of Addaction, said while no-one wanted to see children brought up in a drug-using environment, there was no place for Project Prevention in the UK.

"It exploits very vulnerable people who are addicted to drugs and alcohol at probably the lowest point in their lives," he said.'

I wish I knew what kind of exploitation is he referring to. Could there be some agenda behind Project Prevention besides eugenics?

October 18, 2010, 05:19:33 AM
As an aside, notice how fat the woman in the video clip is.

October 18, 2010, 06:03:48 AM
Why just drug addicts?  Why not just anyone who doesn't want the responsibility sterilize themselves?  If you want out of the gene pool, then you are welcome.  Anyone who sees child caring as a burden should be released of the responsibility.  Everyone benefits.

October 18, 2010, 06:14:07 AM
Sorry to break in again- what do you think our society could consider non legit about this method and use it to stop it's further appliance?

'Project Prevention founder Barbara Harris admitted her methods amounted to "bribery", but said it was the only way to stop babies being physically and mentally damaged by drugs during pregnancy.'

In this case, what exactly could be described as taking advantage of people?

October 18, 2010, 09:01:07 AM
-

October 18, 2010, 10:03:15 AM
I admit this is not eugenics. Maybe it's just throwing money away (to the dealers), and some would say that "not all life is good" babies should anyway be dealt with in a spartan fashion, but I see this tendency manifesting as a voice of reason that somehow wasn't drowned in the public mire. It's not a revolution, but merely a sign that some currents are still strong and emerging. Unlike shit, clay it's desirable to model.

February 08, 2011, 11:00:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=picLQUvdDrU&NR=1

On one hand, we don't want our own babies to be retarded, but if they arrive in that state, they suddenly become a gift, a blessing of special goodness and sweetness.

February 09, 2011, 01:30:02 AM
Did anyone ever think that the fact 90% of the people on television and movies are pretty (specially TV) shows that people unconsciously embrace eugenics?

I see so many beautiful people on the soap operas, and the people love it. Also on billboards, advertising, etc... Why can't people just admit they would love if the general beauty of the population rose, and most people were like the ones on TV not the ugly muthafuckas of everyday life?

It's not possible nor desirable to remove ugly people. But it sure is a great idea for the beautiful to be in a greater number than now

Or does anyone think my ideas were futile?

February 09, 2011, 10:34:08 AM
-

March 26, 2011, 12:48:30 PM
Old but interesting

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/archive/ldn/2006/nov/06112103

A leading international anti-religion crusader and supporter of Darwinian theory, Dr. Richard Dawkins, has said that the pseudo-science of eugenics that drove the Nazi regime’s genocidal project “may not be bad.”

You see Richard, you start making sense when you aren't trying to discuss Religion

March 26, 2011, 01:04:56 PM
You see Richard, you start making sense when you aren't trying to discuss Religion
Well obviously, he's a world renowned evolutionary biologist.  I would hope he'd know a thing or two about genetics.  He can actually be quite captivating when discussing his area of expertise.

March 26, 2011, 01:19:33 PM
-