Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What happened to, you know, doing things?

What happened to, you know, doing things?
November 03, 2010, 04:11:27 PM
I know I don't contribute to these forums that often, and that is because I have responsibilities that demand the majority of my time. I really like these forums, oftentimes people offer lucid insight on issues that otherwise would be out of bounds for discussion. However, all too often do I see some sort of internet intellectual crafting abstract terms and ideologies that are almost identical to the ANUS philosophy, but who claim that the two are antithetical because of a semantic quip. What's the point of this? To me it seems like the only goal is to prove that you are some sort of genius creator of a philosophy, but to who? A few guys on a forum on the internet? There's an entire world out there to experience, to be a part of, and to have an effect in, and you're throwing a fit over how a few guys on a forum don't want to join your brutalitechnohypermodernpower-movement? Don't we have better things to do with our time?
Classicism in art, royalism in politics, Catholicism in religion

Re: What happened to, you know, doing things?
November 03, 2010, 04:15:14 PM
We do indeed. But listen to my viewpoints first!
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 03, 2010, 04:53:11 PM
ANUS isn't exactly hipster-free.  I'm sure there have been, and possibly are now, a number of people on this forum who are simply on this forum for the novelty of being on this forum.

November 03, 2010, 09:50:06 PM
Right you are, Cargést! I have been attending this board for over 9 years now, even met a great friend-ally who I lived with, and still communicate to this day.

As Erosion said they are many people who are just wanking off in front of others for acceptance or popularity. I, as well as I know others here, will never understand that mentality. I for one can be a very social person. I communicate ideas in PERSON very very well, and stand my ground. I enjoy what a computer can do, by I am an old school kind of fellow. I enjoy the fellowship of like minded people, drink and food especially!

As we speak I am going to enjoy a Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I am sure you are familiar with this, Cargèst? And if you know off hand of a couple great stouts I would be grateful!

November 04, 2010, 01:47:18 AM

ANUS isn't exactly hipster-free.  I'm sure there have been, and possibly are now, a number of people on this forum who are simply on this forum for the novelty of being on this forum.

November 04, 2010, 02:08:07 AM

Oh, that's what happened to doing things.

November 04, 2010, 05:02:38 AM
That picture is appropriately absurd.

With the gradual exodus of many long time members here, it seems a bunch of newbies have come in, making this forum unlike when I first arrived here. Now I'm sort of a late comer here as well, I didn't sign up until 2007 I believe. Either way, there's still rousing good discussion and the audiofile forum (which may be the best source of music on the internet), so I don't think this forum is dead and buried (yet).

However, the recent influx of trolls and various other goofs have really gotten on my nerves. The mods seem to be less present as well; perhaps they're testing our grit?
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

November 04, 2010, 06:29:22 AM
Oh come on. Every forum in the history of the internet has had the "old users rebel against influx of lesser quality new users" cycle. The original point I fully agree with, but it's not a new phenomenon. There's been a "recent influx of trolls" for the last 20 years of ANUS and we're all part of it.

November 04, 2010, 07:45:52 AM
Newfags can't Metal.

November 04, 2010, 04:48:39 PM
Why does the thread starter assumed you must spend a massive amount of time on the forums to use it? The appropriate use of this forum is spending less than a half hour looking at the most recent threads to see if there is any knowledge or thoughts to be taken or contributed.

November 05, 2010, 12:25:07 AM
The problem I'm seeing is the busy people are, well, doing things and like, not here much. The idle people who whenever they wanted could have proposed a "hey, ANUS members, let's combine our efforts toward this goal" are instead waiting around for the busy people to issue them an assignment.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

November 05, 2010, 01:06:44 AM
Oh come on. Every forum in the history of the internet has had the "old users rebel against influx of lesser quality new users" cycle. The original point I fully agree with, but it's not a new phenomenon. There's been a "recent influx of trolls" for the last 20 years of ANUS and we're all part of it.

Really? In my 4 years of being here I don't ever remember there being this many trolls in this short amount of time. Then again, ANUS has been getting a lot of exposure in the past few years, perhaps that is why?

Cargest - I concur.
No.

November 06, 2010, 05:09:26 AM
There are not more trolls, just less quality conversation. Makes the trolls stand out.
Lettin' nillas know.

I hope our aryan overlords will emerge form their l secret base below antartica and wipe all of those under 500 of IQ And don't have the ability to mindtravel into the Xerces Galaxy.

November 15, 2010, 11:16:53 PM
What is, then, the ideal way of doing things? What do nihilists do when they see a problem they want to fix? What do they do to keep busy and involve themselves in worthwhile endeavors?

I ask this since my thread on this was deleted for some bizarre reason. I don't understand why a thread asking people of a message board what they choose to do to get involved and take action isn't worthy of discussion. Was it my username (named after the SunnO))) parody band) that threw them off? Was it my thread title that threw them off? Was it that I was putting people on the spot to see what they actually DO besides post Darwinist rants on a message board? Who knows.

November 16, 2010, 04:00:43 AM
What is, then, the ideal way of doing things? What do nihilists do when they see a problem they want to fix? What do they do to keep busy and involve themselves in worthwhile endeavors?

I ask this since my thread on this was deleted for some bizarre reason. I don't understand why a thread asking people of a message board what they choose to do to get involved and take action isn't worthy of discussion. Was it my username (named after the SunnO))) parody band) that threw them off? Was it my thread title that threw them off? Was it that I was putting people on the spot to see what they actually DO besides post Darwinist rants on a message board? Who knows.

No, it's that you're obviously getting aggressive over discussion that everyone realizes that, on its own, is inconsequential, except for you. You came here, you saw something you disagreed with, and instead of presenting a logical refutation of error, you got into a tiff and decided to accuse everyone here of being armchair internet intellectuals with your "harmless" thread on what the members of this forum do. Don't take talk, small or big, so seriously, and just absorb the information from it that you can; it'll really help in the long run, and it's a hell of a more mature thing to do then to throw a tantrum over how people don't think what you want them to. Although you may assume that most of the forum members here do exactly that, I can almost guarantee that the less frequent and more intelligent posters do not. As I said in the original post, they're out, you know, doing things.