Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Only Death is Real"...Really?

Re: "Only Death is Real"...Really?
November 19, 2010, 11:00:30 AM
i'll point out quickly that the first "solar" entities were matriarchal societies (or, to put it more bluntly: patraiarchal societies are a relatively modern occurrence, in human history, though they probably form the basis of what we'd call "civilisation").  The belief that the moon is feminine, the sun masculine, is a more recent polarisation of the ancient consideration that the sun, as giver of life, must be feminine (Amaterasu, Sol, etc.).  Mainly a point of information, doesn't go against what you've said much in the slightest, especially from a Grecoroman perspective (Ancient Greece being the first European society to have a Sun God and a Moon Goddess, while the Germanics/Celts still had a Sun Goddess).

November 19, 2010, 03:15:30 PM
Thanks M.o.M, your original words make much more sense when put in context.

I'm admittedly a beginner on esoteric religion / spiritually as you described. Interestingly I am slowly making my way through a beginner's book on the subject. Jonathan Black's "The Secret History of the World." Have you read it, and do you know if it has much relevance to what you are saying? If not, can you make other reading suggestions that may help me understand even more so?

December 17, 2010, 02:09:01 PM

Maybe "Only Death is Real" is just tossed about because it's a badass-sounding slogan from a legendary band; it's exclusive, lethal, definite, and pure.  If so, stop me here.

Pretty much that.  I don't think anybody takes it extremely seriously like you suggest.

December 17, 2010, 02:16:04 PM
It's totally symbolic. It means we die every second, if we don't crystallize our toughs, it's like to concentrante on nothingness (nihilism).

December 18, 2010, 05:42:35 PM
It's totally symbolic. It means we die every second, if we don't crystallize our toughs, it's like to concentrante on nothingness (nihilism).

Sounds like you have been reading the Tibetan book of the dead?

December 18, 2010, 07:10:06 PM

Sounds like you have been reading the Tibetan book of the dead?

Not really, but certainly i've read books by authors who have read it.