Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS projects

Re: ANUS projects
December 02, 2010, 11:51:40 AM
Make a conspiracy movie about how evil bankers are attempting to take over the world, then bait-and-switch, a la the Zeitgeist Movement. You'll have half a million New Agers and hippies behind you in no time!

Wait, but raw numbers aren't as important as substance... Never mind.

1. Where's the book? Publishing is difficult to accomplish unless you've already made a name for yourself, but it's worth a shot. At the very least, it could be freely distributed as an e-text. Multiple authors would also cut down on production time, though they'd have to be picked discriminatingly.

2. Maybe a locked-down ANUS Wiki

3. Out of curiosity, do any of you run any non-official ANUS blogs, or personal blogs tangentially related to some of the ideals expressed here? If so, network them to expand readership.

4. YouTube is chock-full of vloggers with opinions on just about every philosophical concept imaginable. Staring directly into a camera and blabbing for ten minutes is definitely not the way to go, because it shifts emphasis to your mannerisms, hair style, and personality, thus allowing trolls to derail discussions. Maybe more videos featuring music and text could be uploaded, though? It would have to be more than a dump-and-abandon effort to be meaningful, however.

Re: Radio NIHIL: Considering how easy it is to get views on YouTube, you could always try uploading music in a non-standard way, i.e. attaching introduction text or informative material, or even a voice-over. Trying to persuade people into thinking that Massacra are the ultimate expression of Julias Evola's writings might be going a bit too far, though, so be mindful of your audience.

Second, I don't understand how various authors would contribute parts of text but then it would be made coherent in a single voice. Specifically, what's the point of having numerous authors, if ultimately only a handful of authors get to say how the finished product will be? Why not just have these handful of writers write everything, then?

How do you think textbooks get written? How many have you seen with a list of three or more authors? Also, there doesn't have to be just one book.

December 02, 2010, 08:45:04 PM
Make a website or similar which promotes the themes like "modern life is meaningless", "we have to protect the environment" but without any mention of "people are sheepmonkeys who need to be killed", or anything remotely racits!!1, or any other more "extreme" ideas. I've found people (especially females) are often very receptive to those initial ideas.

Get them before the Left does!

December 02, 2010, 09:10:25 PM
Adbusters has had both of those covered for more than a decade.

"people are sheepmonkeys who need to be killed"

Inequality may be uncomfortable but it is a decisive constant in our human reality. Which needs more attention in our time: 1) comforting people 2) truth?

December 02, 2010, 10:56:49 PM
Adbusters has had both of those covered for more than a decade.

"people are sheepmonkeys who need to be killed"

Inequality may be uncomfortable but it is a decisive constant in our human reality. Which needs more attention in our time: 1) comforting people 2) truth?

I think the truth has a better chance of being listened to if people are eased into it, rather than being confronted straight away with something so contrary to their beliefs. "I don't agree with this... I won't bother looking into it" vs. "I agree with this... what are these other ideas that seem to logically flow from this? Hm, I don't agree but I'll look into it."

As to whether we want to spread the message to people who won't accept it straight away? I'm not sure. It seems to me though that using these issues to point to something higher is the better route to take than letting these issues be used to promote non-issues, profit, popularity of other groups etc.

December 04, 2010, 09:11:32 PM
Good ideas, brief rundown:

1. Where's the book? Soon. Can't say more now.

2. Maybe a locked-down ANUS Wiki Requires a dedicated editor and promoters.

3. Out of curiosity, do any of you run any non-official ANUS blogs, or personal blogs tangentially related to some of the ideals expressed here? If so, network them to expand readership. Good idea, and post your blogs here so we can harvest them for posts for the front page.

4. YouTube is chock-full of vloggers with opinions on just about every philosophical concept imaginable. Staring directly into a camera and blabbing for ten minutes is definitely not the way to go, because it shifts emphasis to your mannerisms, hair style, and personality, thus allowing trolls to derail discussions. Maybe more videos featuring music and text could be uploaded, though? It would have to be more than a dump-and-abandon effort to be meaningful, however. Making videos of ANUS-featured material would be great.

Re: Radio NIHIL: Considering how easy it is to get views on YouTube, you could always try uploading music in a non-standard way, i.e. attaching introduction text or informative material, or even a voice-over. Trying to persuade people into thinking that Massacra are the ultimate expression of Julias Evola's writings might be going a bit too far, though, so be mindful of your audience. I would try for a podcast, and keep concepts very general

Second, I don't understand how various authors would contribute parts of text but then it would be made coherent in a single voice.

Often an editor is a "silent partner" who does a lot of the real work.

December 05, 2010, 09:20:17 AM

Second, I don't understand how various authors would contribute parts of text but then it would be made coherent in a single voice.

Often an editor is a "silent partner" who does a lot of the real work.

That's not what I understood from the OP but yes obviously that's an option, it's true.