Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

AVZHIA "In My Domains" (2010) released, destroys black metal

Avzhia's new album has finally come out. I haven't had time to fully listen to it yet, for I just got done downloading a copy of it, but pretty much everyone knows that Avzhia's previous album (The Key of Throne) was one of the greatest metal albums of the last decade, and I'd probably even rank The Key of Throne as being one of the top 10 BM albums of all time, so we all have reason to have extremely high expectations for this new release. I hypothesize that it will turn out to be the best metal album of 2010.

Discuss.

Re: Probably the Best Metal Album of 2010
November 22, 2010, 04:43:13 PM
It's almost difficult to believe this finally came out. If it's 3/4 as good as The Key of Throne I'll definitely be buying it. Does anyone know where/how I can obtain it? Or The Key of Throne for that matter?

November 22, 2010, 07:31:36 PM
Listening to this now.  Will write a preliminary review after completion.

November 22, 2010, 08:27:50 PM
Just about finishing up the last track.  This is a very good album, to say the least.  It generally kept my interest, and there are some phenomenal ideas going around.  I feel it gets a bit "sentimental" at times, as many symphonic/"gothic" bands do, but I'm not sure as to whether that detracts from the overall quality of the work or not.  I can't say much else, yet, as I haven't been fully acquainted with the album, but I'm definitely going to listen to it again, which makes it better than about 90% of what's recommended to me nowadays.

November 23, 2010, 01:12:32 AM
It's almost difficult to believe this finally came out. If it's 3/4 as good as The Key of Throne I'll definitely be buying it. Does anyone know where/how I can obtain it? Or The Key of Throne for that matter?

I haven't tried buying a copy of the new album yet, for I just found out that it's finally been released, but earlier this year I bought the 2004 album via their MySpace. They used to have an online Avzhia merchandise shop on their page, but it seems to vacillate between functioning and not working. I'll try asking the band via MySpace, and I'll report back when I find out how people can currently purchase their albums. It may take a while before I get a reply, however; last time I sent the band a PM pertaining to how I should go about purchasing their work, it took me 1-2 weeks to get a response.

This band definitely deserves to be supported, however. I've purchased copies of all of their previous work (Immense Dark Sky, Dark Emperors, and The Key of Throne) , and I'll also probably purchase a copy of the new album.

I think the new album sounds very promising, though I will refrain from making any definitive statements about its quality until I've given it enough listens.

I really hope that isn't a legit distro... or that it will be at least available elsewhere at prices that aren't exploitative.

The price shown appears to be in Mexican pesos, for which the symbol is the same as the American dollar sign. There's a link blocking the drop-down menu to change it into dollars, at least with my computer settings it's blocked. So for me, it's stuck on pesos. Also notice ALL their items are about ten times more expensive than they would normally be, which works out to the current exchange rate. 125 pesos works out to about 10.08 dollars - more than fair.

That's right

In related news, Xibalba also had a demo out this year released by NWN.

It's a good album, but I find the first half to be very lacking compared to the second. Queen of the World is perhaps their best song to date.