Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Enthusiasm for sports

Re: Enthusiasm for sports
December 08, 2010, 10:38:48 PM
I used to let sports get me down, but then I realized that it gives an activity for the neanderthals. Instead of having to talk to one about 'bangin' a hoe' they're secured in a house drinking Budweiser.

What? You want to remove sports? But then what. They might invent fire!

It's just an expression of the party-gang mentality inherent in human nature. Sports teams are the closest thing most modern people have to tribes.

Possibly ends thread. Sports = primal instincts. Books = intellect.

Unfortunately, this is the view of a short sighted pussy.

A healthy society values both physical and intellectual strength. All the great societies have had significant sporting traditions. The Greeks(the Olympics), the Romans(the symbol of their empire, the Colosseum), Ancient Egypt, Ancient China, Persia and on and on. Sports are an intrinsic part of humanity and like all positive things should be celebrated. Enjoyed equally by villagers and emperors. Your bitterness betrays the reason you dislike sports. Don't let the fact you were picked on by jocks and black kids cloud your logic.

Typical ANUS response.

1) Begin with assault on virility, here pussy, other thread you used 'faggot'.
2) Connect inductively Pagan civilizations to sports (Greece had sports, and since I love Greece, sports must be lovely). Me: let's face it: every civilization has had sports.
3) Post how said subject correlates scientifically. Me: Although Sports are intrinsic and are instinctual desires looking for expression among the masses this doesn't prove the intellectual worth of sports or that they transcend anything other than mediocrity. As in: a projection of herd mentality (majority of average IQ's).
4) Post 'pagan kvlt' picture to sum up your Aryan virility:

Let us not underestimate the privileges of the mediocre. Life is always harder as one mounts the heights--the cold increases, responsibility increases. A high civilization is a pyramid: it can stand only on a broad base; its primary prerequisite is a strong and soundly consolidated mediocrity. The handicrafts, commerce, agriculture, science, the greater part of art, in brief, the whole range of occupational activities, are compatible only with mediocre ability and aspiration; such callings would be out of place for exceptional men; the instincts which belong to them stand as much opposed to aristocracy as to anarchism.

Ps: I've never had a conflict with Jocks, and I live in Canada (no blacks).

December 08, 2010, 10:57:15 PM
Typical faggot response:

1) Begin with an assault on ANUS... and end with an assault on ANUS.
2) Fail to engage with the subject matter properly, choosing instead to focus on argumental tactics.
3) Vaguely say something relative.  Me: I wear clothes, I must be a sheep!
4) Covered in 1.

December 08, 2010, 11:00:15 PM
Typical faggot response:

2) Fail to engage with the subject matter properly, choosing instead to focus on argumental tactics.
3) Vaguely say something relative.  Me: I wear clothes, I must be a sheep!
4) Covered in 1.

Your response is terribly flawed and ambiguous in itself (it pointed out nothing except how your stronghold was attacked).

Also, are you all homophobic? Faggot is a pretty tired insult.

December 08, 2010, 11:13:26 PM
Typical faggot response:

4) Covered in 1.

Your response is terribly flawed and ambiguous in itself (it pointed out nothing except how your stronghold was attacked).

Three things:

Before this turns in to a late-night bitch fight (it sorta already has) - you're both falling prey to ad hominem thinly disguised by argument of ideas (which are straw-men anyway ) here, and really, posting here you should  be above that. Seriously.

Second, I agree with Cargest (I think)...sports, in a limited sense of the word, can be part of a healthy society. A purely intellectual existence, while being currently inconceivable, is for me also undesirable, even as an ideal... I think certain sports also allow for transcendence of the physical limits humans impose on themselves and others.

Third: why does there always seem to be this "newbies vs old-hands" thing at ANUS boards/site...it's as if certain members feel the need to label others either as "faggot/underman/crowdist/ANUS-hater or ANUS-slave/Vijay-parrot/etc simply to bolster their argument... Seriously getting old.

December 09, 2010, 01:49:42 AM
Troll successful.

Some of you people really need to wise up.

December 09, 2010, 06:56:11 AM
Typical faggot response:

4) Covered in 1.

Three things:

Before this turns in to a late-night bitch fight (it sorta already has) - you're both falling prey to ad hominem thinly disguised by argument of ideas (which are straw-men anyway ) here, and really, posting here you should  be above that. Seriously.

Second, I agree with Cargest (I think)...sports, in a limited sense of the word, can be part of a healthy society. A purely intellectual existence, while being currently inconceivable, is for me also undesirable, even as an ideal... I think certain sports also allow for transcendence of the physical limits humans impose on themselves and others.

Third: why does there always seem to be this "newbies vs old-hands" thing at ANUS boards/site...it's as if certain members feel the need to label others either as "faggot/underman/crowdist/ANUS-hater or ANUS-slave/Vijay-parrot/etc simply to bolster their argument... Seriously getting old.

You're absolutely right. While I don't agree with the validity of sports, you make valuable points towards them, without resorting to assault and ANUS jargon.

I don't deny that sports are an intrinsic and healthy part of society, my argument rather is that they are low on the totem-pole of meaningful activities, especially among a civilization with genius IQ. Atleast with hunting you use strength to secure your existence.

Why is it the ones who resort ad hominem to low-brow assaults seem to have the highest post count? Is it that the creative members have been banned or jumped ship?

December 09, 2010, 07:05:17 AM
I don't deny that sports are an intrinsic and healthy part of society, my argument rather is that they are low on the totem-pole of meaningful activities, especially among a civilization with genius IQ.

If you are really smart, you will know that sports are important.

December 09, 2010, 08:53:08 AM
ITT, MechanicalHeadGiver thinks he's creative for not liking sports.

Believe it or not, I often find myself at odds with a large number of the userbase here, as I'm sure many of the regulars do, though only ever when it comes to the details.  I'm a Deist, a lot of people here are Atheists; I like Daft Punk, a lot of people think they're crap; I'm an overt "Metalhead", apparently there are people here who have short hair and wear dress shirts daily.

I have no idea what you guys were talking about in your posts in this thread, by the way - I just saw obvious troll bait and decided to troll after finishing my three-day long Philosophy exam.  You know what they say - "trolling is a art", and I happen to be a artist.

December 09, 2010, 02:33:21 PM
I've never followed organized sports very closely as it's not something that interests me much, but I don't knock other people simply because I don't understand why they would want to take it up as a long-term interest. What I do think I get is why specific games are exciting to watch. Competition, for whatever reason, is just thrilling to watch sometimes. I get a similar high from watching debates. I think some of the enthusiasm boils down to that. What I really don't get is when sports enthusiasm crosses certain lines. Example: About a week ago over here there was a big football game between the state's two rival football teams. I heard from several people that if you were from out of town and openly displayed your support for the other team, then you ought to watch out as people are sometimes known to engage in property damage because of that fact, e.g., vandalizing your car or whatever. I really do not get that at all. I want to pull these people aside and tell them "Look, if you were thinking clearly and had your priorities straight, you wouldn't be vandalizing other people's stuff simply because they like a different team. What the HELL is wrong with you?" That is just one of those human things that will always baffle me.

December 09, 2010, 11:31:57 PM
Typical faggot response:

4) Covered in 1.

Three things:

You're absolutely right. While I don't agree with the validity of sports, you make valuable points towards them, without resorting to assault and ANUS jargon.

I don't deny that sports are an intrinsic and healthy part of society, my argument rather is that they are low on the totem-pole of meaningful activities, especially among a civilization with genius IQ. Atleast with hunting you use strength to secure your existence.

Why is it the ones who resort ad hominem to low-brow assaults seem to have the highest post count? Is it that the creative members have been banned or jumped ship?

It went from an activity for brainless neanderthals to something ingrained and healthy for humanity. As long as you completely backtracked off your original position then I really have no need to engage in the red herring pissing contest you've started otherwise. If making a scene helps you admit you were wrong, who am I to question your ways?