Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Agorá

Agorá
November 23, 2010, 03:41:16 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WSU-hh2j2g

Despite the "equality, peace, tolerance is the road to salvation" propaganda in this commercial movie, there is an interesting scene there symbolising the fall of Rome (The West) to Christian ignorance, where the Roman Prefect Orestes dressed in full Roman armour breaks down into tears and lowers himself before his old school friend, now Christian bishop Synesius. The scene symbolises the capitulation of a once mighty and great Rome who carried Western civilization to great heights now reduced to a pathetic desperate man. And so the fall of Rome and the fall of the West to the alien Abrahamics.

Re: Agorá
November 25, 2010, 12:52:16 AM
I don't understand why equality, peace and tolerance are bad things. As long as the equality is not forced, the peace is not needing war, and the tolerance is exaggerated.

November 26, 2010, 02:26:01 PM
I wonder how different Europe would be today if the roman empire hadn't converted to Christianity.

November 27, 2010, 05:42:37 AM
I am more from the "everything that happens, happens for a reason" camp on this issue. In order for christianity to spread, the seeds of decadance had to have already existed in Rome, in other words, they were corrupted with pity, and so they became Christian, not the other way around. That's why I wouldn't feel much sympathy for Europe today if they fall under the influence of Islam. Either they will learn to preserve their tradition, strength and culture or they will be taken over by more virile tradtions. Either way nature will have taken its course.

Also that heathens were tolerant of other religions, while Christianity was not - you could only worship one particular God and anyone who didn't was wrong. Now in Europe it's much the same - secular societies are meant to be tolerant of Islam while it is not tolerant in return.

December 08, 2010, 03:46:39 PM
I am more from the "everything that happens, happens for a reason" camp on this issue. In order for christianity to spread, the seeds of decadance had to have already existed in Rome, in other words, they were corrupted with pity, and so they became Christian, not the other way around. That's why I wouldn't feel much sympathy for Europe today if they fall under the influence of Islam. Either they will learn to preserve their tradition, strength and culture or they will be taken over by more virile tradtions. Either way nature will have taken its course.

Also that heathens were tolerant of other religions, while Christianity was not - you could only worship one particular God and anyone who didn't was wrong. Now in Europe it's much the same - secular societies are meant to be tolerant of Islam while it is not tolerant in return.

Secular societies need a major overhaul anyway. They've done away with the Church but not its spawn: secular humanism. (Though admittedly, the spawn has many parents)

December 08, 2010, 04:20:25 PM
I rented this movie because of this thread and have to say it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The makers of this film did a fantastic job of recreating this time period.  Very beautiful. 

December 08, 2010, 04:26:08 PM
I rented this movie because of this thread and have to say it's one of the best movies I've ever seen.  The makers of this film did a fantastic job of recreating this time period.  Very beautiful. 

Now I think I need to watch it. If even ONE recent blockbuster movie is worth something, then film may not be dead...