Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Bring back the traditional Duel

Re: Bring back the traditional Duel
December 06, 2010, 08:51:06 PM
Another bad aspect of today is not being able to kill attackers. Let's say a guy punches you for nothing (that happens) and you happen to have a knife, so you insert it repeatedly into his stomach until he dies. A camera happens to catch it all. You're arrested. That's not right!

As you should be for being a mindless idiot.

You don't need to stab the fucker, but I don't see whats wrong with beating the crap out of him. At least where I'm from, self defense laws are extremely ambiguous; so I have no idea how it would look if I wrecked a guy after he punched me in a courtroom.

December 06, 2010, 10:23:32 PM
What effect would legal duels have on modern organized crime?

I do have some idea of what might happen though as I broke a man's jaw in my front yard like two months ago ("no reason - it happens" basically applies here) and wasn't arrested or formally charged and I was essentially untouched. The police wrote me a ticket but basically told me the prosecution of "duels" was rare. There still is a recognition of duels on this level in the legal system. I've gotten away with plenty of other shit with self defense and dueling laws actually.

December 07, 2010, 12:57:47 AM
As you should be for being a mindless idiot.

A guy punches you for NOTHING out of nowhere, and I'm an idiot from wanting to stab a criminal like that? I tought we were on ANUS.

Yes, welcome the possibility of unwarranted strikes in your face, with open arms. WWJD?

Just recently in the news in my country is a story about a guy who was beaten up out of nowhere (maybe for homophobic reasons) with a long "light bulb"

You don't need to stab the fucker, but I don't see whats wrong with beating the crap out of him. At least where I'm from, self defense laws are extremely ambiguous; so I have no idea how it would look if I wrecked a guy after he punched me in a courtroom.

It's OK to beat the person up in self defense, but I'm weak so I would have to rely on knife.

December 07, 2010, 03:23:51 AM
The solution to that last point is to bulk up and learn how to fight, Bel.

December 07, 2010, 05:32:35 AM
The solution to that last point is to bulk up and learn how to fight, Bel.

You're right, but why would you say that? Is it because knifing an attacker is condemned, so It's better to learn how to fight? Or because you really think killing attackers is wrong?

December 07, 2010, 07:29:53 AM
Because you might one day find yourself in a situation where you need to fight but don't have your knife, for whatever reason, coupled with the fact that learning how to fight unarmed will vastly improve your ability to fight armed with a knife.

December 07, 2010, 08:18:53 AM
If you think that stabbing someone who punches you is a good idea then you really need to control your atavistic impulses.  Would you really want to spend a few decades in prison over an unwarranted punch?  Use your head, man.

December 07, 2010, 09:21:41 AM
 Would you really want to spend a few decades in prison over an unwarranted punch?

That's exactly the reason I complained. Let's say a young loved one of yours is severly punched. He/she falls down, and you see it's fragile body drop and unconscious, with a great bleeding. The person was crying before being unconscious. The punch is so great in the head, that the person passes out and goes to the hospital with possible head trauma. The attacker declares to you that it was only for fun, and that he doesn't give a damn. (You doubt that that happens? Then you don't know humanity!). Can you honestly say it is right that, if you lose your mind and stab the guy, you go to jail, possibly to face anal rape, get AIDS and die?

December 07, 2010, 09:41:06 AM
 Would you really want to spend a few decades in prison over an unwarranted punch?

That's exactly the reason I complained. Let's say a young loved one of yours is severly punched. He/she falls down, and you see it's fragile body drop and unconscious, with a great bleeding. The person was crying before being unconscious. The punch is so great in the head, that the person passes out and goes to the hospital with possible head trauma. The attacker declares to you that it was only for fun, and that he doesn't give a damn. (You doubt that that happens? Then you don't know humanity!). Can you honestly say it is right that, if you lose your mind and stab the guy, you go to jail, possibly to face anal rape, get AIDS and die?

You're attributing to me several things I didn't say and now you change your example.  I don't doubt at all that things like that happen and I see nothing wrong with self-defense.  Were I faced with that situation, I would do my best to beat the attacker senseless, but to let your emotions overrule that and kill the guy?  Sounds like you would be doing a whole lot more damage to everyone involved.  How are you going to protect your loved ones now if you're stuck in a cell, in a place where you'll actually need to hone your survival instincts on a constant basis?  It would seem that your overreaction and desire for instantaneous revenge would leave these people high and dry.  And now there's bad blood between them and the loved ones of the attacker you killed, leaving them less safe than before.  Whether you believe it's right or wrong, that's the way it is.

December 07, 2010, 09:51:43 AM

You're attributing to me several things I didn't say and now you change your example.  I don't doubt at all that things like that happen and I see nothing wrong with self-defense.  Were I faced with that situation, I would do my best to beat the attacker senseless, but to let your emotions overrule that and kill the guy?  Sounds like you would be doing a whole lot more damage to everyone involved.  How are you going to protect your loved ones now if you're stuck in a cell, in a place where you'll actually need to hone your survival instincts on a constant basis?  It wou
ld seem that your overreaction and desire for instantaneous revenge would leave these people high and dry.  And now there's bad blood between them and the loved ones of the attacker you killed, leaving them less safe than before.  Whether you believe it's right or wrong, that's the way it is.

That's my point. I said that people shoudln't go to jail for doing that. Criminals should be killed.

I complained that in cities, if there are witnessess or cameras, you can go to jail for killing an evil doer who would probably harm more people in te future.

Let's say the whole situation happens in a desert far, far away and you've got the knife. You're strong, so you can defend yourself without the knife, but you also happen to have one.

The attacker starts to laugh at the suffering of your loved one. He says that he likes doing that to innocent people, will continue to do so, and says a lot of curse words. Are you saying you would let that guy live (nobody would be watching)?

December 07, 2010, 11:51:12 AM
As ever, this argument isn't based on disagreement, but on different perspectives.  To clarify this thread, we're talking about morality, not reality - what ought to be, as opposed to what is.  Bel's point is perfectly acceptable - in a civilised society, we'd be allowed, by law, to kill attackers, or criminals in general, who are worthy of such treatment.

December 07, 2010, 01:16:41 PM
Jackass who inflicts pain solely for pleasure = antisocial psychotic = perfect candidate for (immediate) execution.

December 07, 2010, 05:36:31 PM
Dueling is Christ's fault too?

Go play baseball or something, faggot.

I can't believe you actually called Jesus Christianity as a whole. Not to mention Jesus never existed... and he was a metaphor for the sun.. and.. and.. and...

December 07, 2010, 08:01:10 PM
Dueling is Christ's fault too?

Go play baseball or something, faggot.

I can't believe you actually called Jesus Christianity as a whole. Not to mention Jesus never existed..

Jesus never existed? No kidding. You read that in a book? Maybe I better quit playing catch with my kids so much.

About this thread - I've done zero jail time in three different incidents where someone took an ambulance ride or was otherwise injured badly after an encounter with me. In none of these instances was I injured in the least. The two times where the witnesses came down on my behalf I was never charged, and the one occurrence where the other fellow had witnesses, and I had none, had to be defeated at trial. That was actually a great experience in the end. I wouldn't recommend to anyone else to represent themselves but hearing the words "not guilty" after choosing to do so was one of the more thrilling experiences of my life. I was able to do so though because of the difficulty in prosecuting assault cases where the defendant can successfully argue that they were defending themselves. He had a broken nose and bruised ribs. I mentioned earlier about that guy's jaw, and another time I concussively gashed a street thugs head open with a tire iron. Of course, none of these incidents involves a gun, a knife, or a death though.

December 07, 2010, 08:46:56 PM
Jesus existed.  He was just the leader of a cult, not the Son of God.