Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

The problem with dissident art

Re: The problem with dissident art
December 26, 2010, 01:48:48 AM
Withdrawal is a type of passivity or defensiveness like hippies and emo culture. Metal was always assertive or aggressive like an invader or intruder.

Like having people follow a metalhead "fashion" of torn jeans and band t-shirts?  By having a "scene" that frowned down upon non-scene bands?  Metal isn't some great weapon against modernity.  It is just a genre with some good bands and good music.

How is withdrawing "passive?"  Honestly.  Is one passive for seeking shelter from the rain?  Show me one man who can end a storm.  You have one life, who gives a fuck about a faceless horde that could care less about you?

Same concept apply: the sheer size of of the system makes it impossible for any real "change" to occur.  When something does change, it only follows certain parameters in regards to how mass humanity thinks.  Nothing ever truly changes except cosmetic differences and transient fads.

Smart people *THINK* differently than the masses do.  It's like trying to speak to your dog, you'll just get nowhere.  You can't make the masses into anything but a gigantic farm of patsies for whatever schemes those in charge of directing social reality engage in.  Really, they have the money, power, and media.  What does anyone else have?  A fucking blog?  Please.

It's not my fault you suck. No seriously, people have done great things before, what makes you any different than them? Oh yeah, you suck.

Someone got banned from XBox live...

Or you just suck, plain and simple.

I'm laughing hard, because let's face it, in real life you're some pencil-necked kid with no muscles to speak of, who probably is deathly silent while riding the municipal bus.  Then posts on the internet thinking he's an online Duke Nukem or something.  Oh so typical.

December 26, 2010, 01:51:08 AM
Withdrawal is a type of passivity or defensiveness like hippies and emo culture. Metal was always assertive or aggressive like an invader or intruder.

Like having people follow a metalhead "fashion" of torn jeans and band t-shirts?  By having a "scene" that frowned down upon non-scene bands?  Metal isn't some great weapon against modernity.  It is just a genre with some good bands and good music.

How is withdrawing "passive?"  Honestly.  Is one passive for seeking shelter from the rain?  Show me one man who can end a storm.  You have one life, who gives a fuck about a faceless horde that could care less about you?

Same concept apply: the sheer size of of the system makes it impossible for any real "change" to occur.  When something does change, it only follows certain parameters in regards to how mass humanity thinks.  Nothing ever truly changes except cosmetic differences and transient fads.

Smart people *THINK* differently than the masses do.  It's like trying to speak to your dog, you'll just get nowhere.  You can't make the masses into anything but a gigantic farm of patsies for whatever schemes those in charge of directing social reality engage in.  Really, they have the money, power, and media.  What does anyone else have?  A fucking blog?  Please.

It's not my fault you suck. No seriously, people have done great things before, what makes you any different than them? Oh yeah, you suck.

I'm laughing hard, because let's face it, in real life you're some pencil-necked kid with no muscles to speak of, who probably is deathly silent while riding the municipal bus.  Then posts on the internet thinking he's an online Duke Nukem or something.  Oh so typical.

Of course, I must be right? Because I disagree with you. I mean, if I agreed with you, I'd probably be the most wonderful, brilliant, amazing person to grace the face of this Earth.

December 26, 2010, 01:56:54 AM

Smart people *THINK* differently than the masses do.  It's like trying to speak to your dog, you'll just get nowhere.  You can't make the masses into anything but a gigantic farm of patsies for whatever schemes those in charge of directing social reality engage in.  Really, they have the money, power, and media.  What does anyone else have?  A fucking blog?  Please.

I'm laughing hard, because let's face it, in real life you're some pencil-necked kid with no muscles to speak of, who probably is deathly silent while riding the municipal bus.  Then posts on the internet thinking he's an online Duke Nukem or something.  Oh so typical.

Of course, I must be right? Because I disagree with you. I mean, if I agreed with you, I'd probably be the most wonderful, brilliant, amazing person to grace the face of this Earth.

I could see you furiously typing away -- hammering on the backspace button every third or fourth word -- then pushing your glasses up your nose to read what you just typed, finally angrily hitting the "post" button.

December 26, 2010, 02:11:10 AM
So far, I'm going to go with "you suck".  That seems to be the most accurate and least faggoty argument that's been made in this debate.

December 26, 2010, 02:23:09 AM

I could see you furiously typing away -- hammering on the backspace button every third or fourth word -- then pushing your glasses up your nose to read what you just typed, finally angrily hitting the "post" button.

I guess if that's what you imagine, go for it, but I'm not angry at all; it's hard to get mad at words at a screen, especially when I haven't really gotten angry with anyone that I've met in person for a few years now. If you're going to insult other people purely on the basis that they're not like you, expect someone to poke fun back, because it's really fun to wind people up like a top and watch them whir.

December 27, 2010, 01:44:10 AM
You two must have very lonely lives to be on the internet arguing about shit that doesn't matter during Christmas, when instead you should be eating dinner with your family. I feel badly for both of you.

December 27, 2010, 02:54:35 AM
You two must have very lonely lives to be on the internet arguing about shit that doesn't matter during Christmas, when instead you should be eating dinner with your family. I feel badly for both of you.

I did have dinner with my family, and my newborn sister, whom I was very excited to see after being away from family for so long. Funny how you assumed that I didn't spend time with my family on Christmas simply because it bolstered your argument.

December 27, 2010, 05:42:47 AM

I guess if that's what you imagine, go for it, but I'm not angry at all; it's hard to get mad at words at a screen, especially when I haven't really gotten angry with anyone that I've met in person for a few years now. If you're going to insult other people purely on the basis that they're not like you, expect someone to poke fun back, because it's really fun to wind people up like a top and watch them whir.

Happy Hanukah ;)