Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Lesser known Black Metal

Lesser known Black Metal
June 03, 2006, 08:29:47 PM
i created this with the hope to see recommendations about lesser known Black Metal bands who are very good but lay low. These bands are ussually comparable to more popular bands such as Marduk, Mayhem or Emperor.
Below are my recommendations of such bands.

Band : Centuries of Deception
Demo : Heic Noienum Pax
1 man band that plays raw, primitive black metal, like those in the 1990-1994 era. Only released a 4-track demo so far, i think. The rifts are killing with harsh with angry vocals flooding in. Overall a very good demo. Comparable to early Mayhem.

Band : Immortal Rites
Demo : Beyond the gates of Pain
4 man band that kind of created their own style of Black Metal. They played melodic while sounding harsh at the same time. Comparable to Dissection, At the Gates, or maybe early Emperor.

Band : Gotmoor
Album : vlaemische Priemetieren
5 man band that played melodic black metal with keyboards. Now this is what i call a lesser known band comparable to bigger bands. In fact i think they are better than the giants in this style such as Dimmu Borgir and Emperor. They released 2 demos, with the first a kill and the second a dissapointing one. the album "vlaemische Priemetieren" is a compilation of both demos. This is a band that is damn good and worth shedding blood for.

Wolfnacht. The Heidentum album is an fine piece of raw balck metal. - http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7540

Wolfnacht. The Heidentum album is an fine piece of raw balck metal. - http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=7540

Terrific album, totally agree.

baptism - morbid wings of sathanas

Re: Lesser known Black Metal
June 08, 2006, 05:10:04 AM
Highly recommended:

Funeral Mist
Teratism
Valhom
Beatrik

June 08, 2006, 11:20:48 AM
Most real black metal isn't that well known...

June 09, 2006, 11:16:18 AM
Check out Twilight if you like Xasthur. Fucking amazing band.
A few others:

Mystic Forest
Sigh (though they are pretty well known)
Windir (also pretty well known)
OLD ...AndOceans (if you haven't heard)

Just a few of my favorites.

Xasthur
http://www.myspace.com/xasthurband

I have seen only an interview with Malefic here on ANUS, but 0 results if you search the forum.
Great music, in the vein of Burzum, Mütiilätion...

Lesser known??  Are you kidding??  Everyone knows Xasthur now... just look at any black metal forum, there will be about 10 Xasthur related threads just on the first page.

Also use the official Xasthur site http://xasthur.mercurous.net/  not that retarded Murdoch-owned thing

Yes I am a fan (not of everything he does, though) ..I would say it is more in the vein Graveland and Manes

Also Funeral Mist are shit.

June 10, 2006, 04:13:01 AM
Band : Gotmoor
Album : vlaemische Priemetieren
5 man band that played melodic black metal with keyboards. Now this is what i call a lesser known band comparable to bigger bands. In fact i think they are better than the giants in this style such as Dimmu Borgir and Emperor. They released 2 demos, with the first a kill and the second a dissapointing one. the album "vlaemische Priemetieren" is a compilation of both demos. This is a band that is damn good and worth shedding blood for.

I've been wanting this for awhile, if you have it would you be willing to upload it in the audiofile section?

June 11, 2006, 02:24:13 AM
Well, here are few:

I666(Read as 1666[my own bm project]):
www.mikseri.net/tuskankilta
For listening to tracks press HIFI button.
For lyrics press kappaleen sanoitukset button.
Send comments about I666 to me by private message.

Aras: www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=49537

Corevittu: www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=39159

Eavral: www.mikseri.net/eavral

Gehinnom: www.mikseri.net/gehinnom

Kammio: www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=50141

Great finnish bm.

June 11, 2006, 12:18:59 PM
frimost (uk)
malefice (can)
sadogoat (neth)
kill (swe)
anal blasphemy (fin)

June 11, 2006, 01:32:39 PM
Chances that every band mentioned in this thread is worthless: 99%

June 11, 2006, 09:14:33 PM
Chances that every band mentioned in this thread is worthless: 99%

Surely Anal Blasphemy sounds innovative yet classic?