Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

dISEMBOWELMENT resurrected in d.USK

dISEMBOWELMENT resurrected in d.USK
December 05, 2010, 02:32:13 AM
......d.USK is the now the final embodiment to the life of diSEMBOWELMENT. Conceived in early 2010, the d.USK entity was the chance to finally realize the sonic palette that was diSEMBOWELMENT, and allow us to present the music to the underground in a truly live context. As a result, this project encapsulates the classic, brooding,sombre brutality of diSEMBOWELMENT, and brings with it the antecedents of classic Trial of The Bow ambience and atmosphere. In context we have added a healthy dose of our old-school roots ... this can be sampled in our most recently recorded Demo. The d.USK live show is a study in dynamic control, intense mood-swings and sonic devastation. We hope that those present will be taken on a journey - to be actively engaged in a deep sensory procession ..... This is our gift to those of the underground that care to receive..... .. Melbourne, Australia's dark devotees of devastating doom DISEMBOWELMENT delivered the ultimate in transcendental doom. Not for trendy ears!!

A demo track is presented here:
http://www.myspace.com/duskdeathdoom

Re: dISEMBOWELMENT resurrected in d.USK
December 05, 2010, 02:55:31 AM
Some confusion here:

This is only half of the original line up, featuring the drummer and bassist (now on guitar). The three new members are unrelated to the original band. Renato Gallina, who was the key composer is not involved with this either.

Hardly a continuation I think!

December 05, 2010, 08:21:40 AM
Regardless, anyone who was involved in putting out material like diSEMBOWELMENT's has got my attention. This track they have up sounds promising. I'm eager for them to release something!

December 20, 2010, 02:00:55 PM
Some confusion here:

This is only half of the original line up, featuring the drummer and bassist (now on guitar). The three new members are unrelated to the original band. Renato Gallina, who was the key composer is not involved with this either.

Yeah man, i agree ... this is utter bullshit. It's obvious WHO wrote all the music in Disembowelment (ie; Renato Gallina) as this shows no sign of originality or innovative thinkin. It just sounds like a pretty weak attempt at emulating INCANTATION's sound. There are a couple of good riffs but, so what? Even the vocalist sounds like Craig Pillard. What's the point?! Same old, same old.

'This is our gift to those of the underground that care to receive' ... haha ... no thanks, I'll pass on that. Transcendence owns and NOTHIN will ever touch it, not even ex-band members puttin out stuff like this. The bar was set FAR TOO HIGH about 18 years ago.

Blahhhhh.

December 20, 2010, 07:20:19 PM
Some confusion here:

Yeah man, i agree ... this is utter bullshit. It's obvious WHO wrote all the music in Disembowelment (ie; Renato Gallina) as this shows no sign of originality or innovative thinkin. It just sounds like a pretty weak attempt at emulating INCANTATION's sound. There are a couple of good riffs but, so what? Even the vocalist sounds like Craig Pillard. What's the point?! Same old, same old.

'This is our gift to those of the underground that care to receive' ... haha ... no thanks, I'll pass on that. Transcendence owns and NOTHIN will ever touch it, not even ex-band members puttin out stuff like this. The bar was set FAR TOO HIGH about 18 years ago.

Blahhhhh.

Agree fully! If anything, Trial of the Bow is the true continuation of dISEMBOWELMENT!

To me Transendence is basically the pinnacle of death metal. Any attempt to recreate that spirit is almost bound to fail.

The sample is fucking awful, absolutely no sense of riff construction. It's all conducted in a very metal-core "lets through everything into a blender and then cross our fingers" mindset. And a very pointless guitar solo to showcase their talents accumulated from the last 18 years. very childish. However, seeing dISEMBOWLEMNT songs conducted in a live setting would be excellent.

December 20, 2010, 08:30:33 PM
To me Transendence is basically the pinnacle of death metal. Any attempt to recreate that spirit is almost bound to fail.

The sample is fucking awful, absolutely no sense of riff construction. It's all conducted in a very metal-core "lets through everything into a blender and then cross our fingers" mindset. And a very pointless guitar solo to showcase their talents accumulated from the last 18 years. very childish. However, seeing dISEMBOWLEMNT songs conducted in a live setting would be excellent.
[/quote]

Yup, agree dude ... 'bound to fail' is a good way of puttin it. I think these guys are playin with fire. Disembowelment is so legendary that ANYTHING these guys put out will be highly scrutinised by die-hard fans and the media. Agree on the solo ... it's so pedestrian and lacks any kind of emotion. I'm still not convinced of hearing the Disembowelment songs in a live setting as 2 of the crucial members aren't there. It just won't be the same. As far i am concerned (and a lot of people i know share the same opinion) Renato Gallina WAS Disembowelment and ANY new vocalist singin a Disembowelment tune has MASSIVE shoes to fill. Seriously don't think this guy will be able to cut it judgin from his vocals on this track.

These guys should've called the band somethin that wasn't associated with Disembowelment. It's useless ridin on a legend.

December 20, 2010, 08:39:08 PM
Well, they did change the name at least.

This is like if Incatation broke up and reformed without McEntee and then said it was the TRUE continuation of Incantation! What a joke.

Renato is probably off meditating in the badlands somewhere, so I don't think he gives a fuck what happens here.

December 20, 2010, 08:55:10 PM
Yeah, but the name is DIRECTLY linked to Disembowelment. Everyone will know that, even though there are a few Dusks out there already. The should've called it Incantationment lol.
Gotta admire what Renato did though ... stoppin it where he did. That's gutsy and shows real integrity. These guys could fuck it all up in one foul swoop. Let's see ... let's see.

January 06, 2011, 01:03:50 AM
Hello everyone! Jay/guitarist from dISEMBOWELMENT. I have to say i'm excited for these guys (Matt and Paul) as they are not trying in anyway to 'be dISEMBOWELMENT', they are just wanting to play a few old dISEMBOWELMENT tunes to give some people a basic 'sense' of what we may have sounded like live....not that even the 'complete original' line-up could hope to capture that same old magic - if we reformed today....i mean we are no longer 20 years old and in that same mind set these days.

Let me say now that dISEMBOWELMENT was very much Renato, Paul and myself for over 70% of the bands actual existence with Matt very much considered to be a true d. member coming on board for the later and most important stage pre & post recording for our one and only album. I can say without any doubt Renato wrote 95% of the music but with tracks like "Cerulean Transience of All My Imagined Shores" was VERY much a whole band creation with Renato coming in with nothing more than the melody guitars parts and i created most of the heavy guitar sections on the spot during our first rehearsal of the track itself...the song itself just magical came together in one single rehearsal session!!  I really wish all our songs had been so easy to write....I will NEVER discount Renato as the main songwriter for the band, but so many of Renato's basic riffs changed in many ways and were re-worked by myself or Paul during jamming sessions over months and months of rehearsals as a 3 piece band. So many things changed or we developed from just basic seeds and riffs and everyone was fully involved in creating the songs.

I still remember working with Renato on 'Tree' and 'Burial' at my house when i first joined in 1990 - great memories for me....but as a full band we just always seems to have something 'magical' happen when we were all together.....without Paul on drums dISEMBOWELMENT would not be anywhere near the same band its known for today....just listen to "Cerulean" -- his drumming is so unique and vital - just amazing!

January 06, 2011, 01:15:27 AM
FYI - I have over th last 5 years found the original master tape from our second demo and had it saved (as it was one of the millions of master tapes that had major manufacturing issues from that era) and the original music was transferred to digital media before the tape fell apart...it costs me several hundred dollars to have the tape 'baked' and transferred and in more recent years i found 30 - 40 tape recording of dISEMBOWELMENT rehearsals...these recording were taped at GarageLand (Paul's Garage in Melbourne) and at at least 2-3 different rehearsal studio's which even feature Renato attempting to play guitar and sing (something he found almost impossible to do with our music)

I'm currently trying to bring all these recordings to my personal PC with the view of them being released in some form (CD or online) if Paul and Matt agree of course! I'd hope to include the complete unedited and original 2nd demo (previously never released on CD in it entirety. Let me know if you guys think this is something worth releasing? Obviously it depends upon the end audio material being of high enough quality to place on CD.....maybe a small cost would be involved but it wouldn't be a money making venture.

January 17, 2011, 09:21:06 PM
Disembowlment were godly and its great seeing dUSK continue making killer doom death metal! This all sounds very interesting. Huge impact the releases had and still do to this day. Jay, Id like to hear more of your collection. You should speak to me in email

January 18, 2011, 08:39:57 AM
Disembowlment were godly and its great seeing dUSK continue making killer doom death metal! This all sounds very interesting. Huge impact the releases had and still do to this day. Jay, Id like to hear more of your collection. You should speak to me in email

Releasing this stuff on DESTRO would be pretty cool. Time for someone else to step up the old school love, in addition to Necroharmonic and NWN.

March 01, 2011, 02:51:02 AM
anyone here see d.usk on Sat night at the Arthouse??