Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

How to deal with Christmas?

December 12, 2010, 05:46:01 AM
You have to go up your butt and around the corner to find the best christmas gifts.

December 12, 2010, 06:05:38 AM
  JC Penny's clearance seem to have great deals post black friday, they tend to stock up on two much of one thing and need to get rid of it so the price is great.  It depends on what you are looking for though, check it out.

December 12, 2010, 07:22:46 AM
Um, Amazon?

December 12, 2010, 10:07:48 AM
Uh spam?

I'm thinking of giving myself an iPad for christmas, as I don't know anybody to give gifts to, and I don't have any family. A worthy buy?

December 12, 2010, 11:19:02 AM
The iTampon has better absorbency than the iPad. I highly recommend the former.

December 12, 2010, 04:24:21 PM
Uh spam?

I'm thinking of giving myself an iPad for christmas, as I don't know anybody to give gifts to, and I don't have any family. A worthy buy?

If you want half of a laptop with no USB ports, no ability to make phone calls, and a screen that gets smudgy at an alarming rate, then go for the iPad.

Re: How to deal with Christmas?
December 12, 2010, 08:50:47 PM
If you want half of a laptop with no USB ports, no ability to make phone calls, and a screen that gets smudgy at an alarming rate, then go for the iPad.

And AIDS

December 12, 2010, 09:37:56 PM
Uh spam?

Beautifully stated...although therein lies the genius of Apple, the Kanye Wests of the electronics world.  They've reinvented themselves by getting people to buy largely inferior versions of products thanks to a smokescreen of cutesy marketing and cutesy packaging.  And none of the hipper-than-thou pussy boys who get paid to review gadgets want to sacrifice any coolness points by calling out Apple for the bullshit artists they are, so the myth of the utility of Apple products continues. 

December 12, 2010, 09:47:28 PM
How do hessians receive Christmas? How do they celebrate it?

December 12, 2010, 10:03:37 PM
Hessians should celebrate the winter solstice or midwinter, which happens to fall on Tuesday December 21st this year.

Many cultures around the world celebrated this time with all manner of festivals and gatherings, particularly in Europe. Read the specifics here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#History_and_cultural_significance

As far as the basics go, may I suggest getting some friends together and burning a lot of wood somewhere and drinking copious amounts of alcohol and eating plenty of food, and being thankful that it's unlikely for you to starve to death in the coming spring like our ancestors nearly did?

December 13, 2010, 08:59:34 PM
The Buy Nothing campaign provides alternatives to keep the ancient gift exchange tradition alive while circumventing the modern junk consumerism mentality.

http://www.buynothingchristmas.org/alternatives/index.html

December 14, 2010, 03:58:16 AM

Many cultures around the world celebrated this time with all manner of festivals and gatherings, particularly in Europe. Read the specifics here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_solstice#History_and_cultural_significance

Related: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Nights

December 14, 2010, 12:19:58 PM

December 15, 2010, 05:10:33 AM
Some of these posts are disturbingly serious sounding.

Yes, celebrating the Winter Solstice is a fine alternative, but only if it is far enough detached from the Christmas spirit and only celebrated with like-minded individuals. Every American holiday is celebrating some event insignificant to nihilists. The only holidays that should be celebrated are ones whose namesakes we haven't yet encountered: only monuments to the foundation of a nihilist society should be observed.

December 15, 2010, 06:42:09 AM
True nihilists neither go outside nor interact socially, this thread shows that you proles are just pseudonihilist fakers.