Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Unholy Alliance"

Re: "Unholy Alliance"
June 21, 2006, 01:29:28 AM
Oh dear I knew some immature retard would say summat like that. Your opinion means fuck all to me.  ::)

I love the whole "I don't care what anyone thinks of me but secretly I want acceptance" attitude.

June 22, 2006, 05:12:19 AM
yea it wasnt so bad thou, it was actually a descent show, but they should have played more classics, and they didnt do an encore which sucked

June 22, 2006, 05:13:14 AM
oh and children of bodom are fucking posers

June 22, 2006, 09:27:49 AM
yea it wasnt so bad thou, it was actually a descent show

So they're on their way down?

June 23, 2006, 07:58:13 AM
Children of Bodom are bad, and thats not an oppinion its a fact. Their songs are just rehashed formulas of heavy metal, rock, and their newer stuff is almost starting to resemble scremo. Alot of people think that theirs no difference between technique and talent. Sure CoB can play their instruments very well, but their ability to write songs is trash.

Of all the bands I saw at this show (not including slayer of course), Mastodon was the best. However, the only thing that made them better then the other bands was that they were boring rather then obnoxious.

Lamb of God is a band that is an example of all that metal shouldn't be. The stage performance was embarrasing, with the vocalist jumping around the stage like it was a fucking hip hop concert, and letting out "signiture shrieks" that shrieked "nu-metal".

June 24, 2006, 03:07:52 AM
I'm glad I didn't go the setlist sucks:

01. South of Heaven
02. Silent Scream
03. War Ensemble
04. Blood Red
05. Cult
06. Disciple
07. Mandatory Suicide
08. Seasons in the Abyss
09. Chemical Warfare
10. Dead Skin Mask
11. Hell Awaits
12. Raining Blood
13. Antichrist
14. Angel of Death

The majority of these songs are from after their classic era.  Only 1 song from Show No Mercy, 1 song from Hell Awaits, and 2 from Reign in Blood.

Opinions, opinions…….

For example I think South of Heaven and Seasons in the Abyss are Slayer's best albums. Reign in Blood is a mind fuck, but for me, honestly there are only 3 or 4 tracks I like from it.

Lamb of God is a band that is an example of all that metal shouldn't be. The stage performance was embarrasing, with the vocalist jumping around the stage like it was a fucking hip hop concert, and letting out "signiture shrieks" that shrieked "nu-metal".

This is odd of me because I’d hardly come to Lamb of God’s defense, but stupid comments do make me want to retort. Stage performance embarrassing? HA! Musically I don’t care for them much, sometimes the riffs can be good, but if anything the stage performance was their saving grace (HA!). Mind you, if I had seen Pantera live in their prime (“Vulgar..” days) then I’d dismiss Lamb of God as third rate probably. But I haven’t, and honestly with the performance and the crowd going wild it felt more then just entertaining, it felt even a bit thrilling. Would I call myself a fan of them? No. Not until they put out an album I can sink my teeth into and not want to spit it out at some used cd store.

ps…… nu-metal? HA!

June 27, 2006, 04:17:41 AM
Children of Bodom are bad, and thats not an oppinion its a fact. Their songs are just rehashed formulas of heavy metal, rock, and their newer stuff is almost starting to resemble scremo. Alot of people think that theirs no difference between technique and talent. Sure CoB can play their instruments very well, but their ability to write songs is trash.

Of all the bands I saw at this show (not including slayer of course), Mastodon was the best. However, the only thing that made them better then the other bands was that they were boring rather then obnoxious.

www.dictionary.com

Apparently you dont understand the meaning of opinion. If what you said was true then children of bodom wouldnt be touring. I happen to be a big fan of both lamb of god and children of bodom.

TC

June 27, 2006, 04:55:20 AM
www.dictionary.com

Apparently you dont understand the meaning of opinion. If what you said was true then children of bodom wouldnt be touring. I happen to be a big fan of both lamb of god and children of bodom.

and yet somehow found your way here.  weird.

June 27, 2006, 07:19:32 AM
and yet somehow found your way here.  weird.

Life takes all sorts.

June 27, 2006, 11:02:55 AM
www.dictionary.com

Agreed! Right on!