Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

German technical blackness

German technical blackness
December 07, 2004, 02:51:20 AM
German black/death metal band Pavor.
the newest album called Furioso,what are the thoughts on this one by anyone here??

www.pavor.com

Re: German technical blackness
December 08, 2004, 12:36:23 AM
I've only heard it in passing, and it seemed even more self-absorbed and masturbatory than the first album, which may or may not prove to be a remarkable thing.  It is still one of the very few death metal releases I have looked forward to purchasing in the last 1.5-2 years, so I imagine I will pick it up eventually.

The first one (if one is able to find it) is recommended as above average death metal in the indulgent mid-90s style.

Re: German technical blackness
December 08, 2004, 01:42:04 AM
Hells,

Kontinual,I do not know if you are a newer- newbie or a seasoned old schooler as I am but imho suffocation holds the icon of technical blackness.

Pavor does what they do very well.
I do feel and see what they are shooting at and I feel that they are right on target.
as for the first effort they seem to be sending a hail of gunfire at the same target,which they hit even then.

I cannot speak on the other members but Rainer seems to be very modest and low key except in his bass bashing.

I have attempted a live on the air interview with him but he declines every time.

I don`t hold it against him at all,I am sure he has his reasons.

if you remember another german deathmetal band from years gone by by the name of "Deathrow" they are very similar in thier actions.
if you can find any music from them online somewhere look for an instrumental track called "Triocton".

I find the track very enriching at the very least.

cheers