Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Zyklon and the PMRC (UK)

Zyklon and the PMRC (UK)
June 22, 2006, 04:31:05 PM
"Guild Council Notes
1. On Monday the 11th of September 2006, the Norwegian black death metal Group “Zyklon” have been booked to perform at the Birmingham Academy
2. September the 11th is the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre
3. “Zyklon” are named after Zyklon B, the chemical used by the German Nazi Party for the mass extermination of Jews, Roma, LGBT, Trade Unionists, People with disabilities and Communists during the Holocaust.
4. Guild Councils policies on anti-racism, holocaust revision and anti-discrimination
5. The Guilds commitment to multiculturalism and the positive effects it has to our diverse campus community

Guild Council Believes
1. That “Zyklon” represent the worst form of anti-Semitism and discrimination – Holocaust glorification.
2. That “Zyklon”, through its name in essence promotes genocide.
3. That “Zyklon” have links to Neo-Nazi organizations and people, and should be condemned for it
4. That by allowing the act to perform, The Birmingham Academy is complicit in anti-Semitism and discrimination
5. That “Zyklon” should not be welcome in a city as diverse as Birmingham
6. That music, as a method, should never be utilized in the spreading of a hateful agenda.

Guild Council Resolves
1. To write to the Birmingham Academy, expressing our concern and demand that the performance is cancelled. The Guild should also threaten to end any business links should the act perform.
2. To coordinate and stage with the anti-racist movement, local Jewish community and any other relevant community groups a protest outside of the Birmingham Academy should the performance go ahead.

Guild Council Mandates
1. The Executive Committee to ensure all of the Resolves are carried out
2. All Executive Officers to attend the protest.

Proposed:      Peter Mason – Campaigns Officer
Seconded:     Philip Peters – Anti Racism Anti Fascism Officer elect "

It now seems obvious that Zyklon is a front for a racist organisation. Why else would Samoth create such largely mind numbing, musical tedium?

Enslaved headline and I look forward to the left wing troops encouraging us to disperse; having said that 1349 open and will do a more than adequate job of pissing people off anyway....

Re: Zyklon and the PMRC (UK)
June 22, 2006, 10:46:37 PM
The tyranny of The Open strikes endlessly!

June 23, 2006, 12:50:39 AM
Hessians need their own unique diversity interest like an ethos and creed. Clearly Birmingham, no less than the very birthplace of modern day Hessian culture, lacks Hessian diversity and has given in to bias.

June 23, 2006, 12:12:04 PM

The email addresses of the above can be found at the following URL:

http://www.bugs.bham.ac.uk/yourguild/exec05.asp

I think some trolling may be in order

Have a look at his Peter Masons profile, and send him an appropiate e-mail

June 23, 2006, 03:55:02 PM

The email addresses of the above can be found at the following URL:

http://www.bugs.bham.ac.uk/yourguild/exec05.asp

I think some trolling may be in order

Have a look at his Peter Masons profile, and send him an appropiate e-mail

Not so much trolling as "why are you moronic fucktards who have clearly misread a situation due to total paranoia?" Quick to judge, slow to understand.  Someone should inform them of their stupidity.

June 23, 2006, 03:57:58 PM
Hessians need their own unique diversity interest like an ethos and creed. Clearly Birmingham, no less than the very birthplace of modern day Hessian culture, lacks Hessian diversity and has given in to bias.

Aston (the birthplace of Sabbath and thus hessian culture) is a multi-cultural hell hole rife with crime (black on black gun wars, anyone?) Maybe it's decline could be seen as a metaphor for the similair state of hessian music? He he... :)

June 23, 2006, 08:38:40 PM

Not so much trolling as "why are you moronic fucktards who have clearly misread a situation due to total paranoia?" Quick to judge, slow to understand.  Someone should inform them of their stupidity.

Yes. Primary research is in order for these guys: talk to Zyklon and see how un-Nazi they are.

June 23, 2006, 09:53:50 PM
I'm going to assume these people aren't thorough enough to know about the band Zyklon-B that imploded after releasing the excellent "Blood Must Be Shed" MCD and its ties to Zyklon, so maybe they could be made to look stupid by informing them that "Zyklon" is german for Cyclone?

June 24, 2006, 08:36:38 AM
lol jews

All being said, they sure don't help themselves with the new ad for Disintergrate.

http://www.zyklontribe.com/gfx/webadvert-disintegrate.jpg

June 24, 2006, 01:02:22 PM

Yes. Primary research is in order for these guys: talk to Zyklon and see how un-Nazi they are.

Yeah, but then it begs the question: Why do they call themselves this if their band has nothing to do with Nazis or the Holocaust?

Shock Value? Fans of deadly gas? I don't know.

June 24, 2006, 03:56:25 PM

Yeah, but then it begs the question: Why do they call themselves this if their band has nothing to do with Nazis or the Holocaust?

Shock Value? Fans of deadly gas? I don't know.

I believe that they intend on conveying "nihilistic" values (warfare, destruction, etc.) and cyclonic imagery through their music. They fail terribly, but their employment of a mechanistic aesthetic is reminiscent of the underlying physical nature of a violent weather system.

June 25, 2006, 11:46:19 AM
I'm going to assume these people aren't thorough enough to know about the band Zyklon-B that imploded after releasing the excellent "Blood Must Be Shed" MCD and its ties to Zyklon, so maybe they could be made to look stupid by informing them that "Zyklon" is german for Cyclone?

Indeed.

As an aside, the book 'The Devil's Disciples: the truth about rock music' (Jeff Godwin, Chick Publications, 1985) is well worth a read if you enjoy the historical witch hunt of rock and metal music. Written by a mentally unsound Christian lunatic, this book is an hilarious read:

"Parents. Young people. I ask you in all Christian concern to do something about Motley Crue within your own sphere of influence. Boycott that concert, destroy that record, tear down that poster, tell your friends what you have learned. Don't be a victim to Satan and his Crue. Don't fall easy prey to teaching and the psychology of hate. I beg you to turn your attention to Christ, not Nikki Sixx. Let Nikki choose his own path and fate. Don't follow him down that fatal road to hell and damnation."

Cracking stuff.

June 26, 2006, 02:49:02 AM
Zyklon have themselves stated that their name is indeed related to 'cyclone', not to Zyklon-B.  One would think that a misunderstanding as minor as this would be easy to resolve, but apparently not.