Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Revelation: I like later Graveland

Re: Revelation: I like later Graveland
January 02, 2011, 10:45:10 AM

As a joke, I pasted a pic of the black-metal kid holding an Israeli flag, on his myspace.  He flipped out and cared enough to remove me from myspace friends (lol).

I need this picture, cane someone repost it here please ?

I've been to Poland before.  It's a shithole (especially Katowice).  The women are either extremely hot or extremely weird looking. Can you name one slavic nation that isn't a shithole?

Why did you go there ? For Metalmania ?

Family. But shit, Poland fucking sucked.  No wonder the Poles leave there en-masse for places like Britain.

EDIT: I spend literally a half-hour looking for it.  Apparently, the only source I could find was some long-dead link to it.  However, there was a YTMND that referenced it and I was able to find the image by looking in source.  Phew.  I did that because you *needed* the pic, and I'm sure you have a great use for it in your own endeavors :D.

Thanks for the picture.

Katowice is an ugly post soviet industrial city, I am not surprised that you don't like it :)

January 06, 2011, 03:41:06 AM

As a joke, I pasted a pic of the black-metal kid holding an Israeli flag, on his myspace.  He flipped out and cared enough to remove me from myspace friends (lol).

I added him as friends a year later as a joke, and he must've remembered me, because he blocked me after that (my profile was private).  Funny shit

I've been to Poland before.  It's a shithole (especially Katowice).

See? There's too much irony here. He crates in all seriousness and is trying to create *some* image outside of music and all you do is, as usually in internet, as a first impulse, making fun of everything. I guess you would be similarly tired, especially after almost two decades of such treatment. I also assume, that his myspace is maintained by someone else...
It's worth to mention, that the guy isn't some sort icon for metalheads here, in Poland. More of a pariah actually. Behemoth/Vader crowd have no idea about Graveland's music, or use it as a target of internet irony at best. Darken is also bashed by satanic, suicidal-depressive underground etc. and all that Watain/Mayhem type of web communities.

This won't help him either in maintaining his credibility (or credibility of his environment):
http://www.capricornus.y0.pl/

Katowice is actually post-Prussian typical industrial city. Blame them. But it is a "sad" place indeed.

I discovered Graveyard thanks to a friend who didn't even know Poland. Darken is opening the gates for stranger immigration, instead of preserving the land for his own kids which he even does not have as far as I know.

He lives in a region which is very specific, for you americans try to compare California to Louisiana...

Darken is half-italian, anyways, so he's probably 1/6 African-American or something. Probably a good amount of Mongol in there, too.  I bet he goes to the marketplace every day looking to see if anyone has any watermelon (Poles don't sell watermelons on the market, so he leaves disappointed only to eat potatoes and pierogi).

The Mongols did have sauerkraut, though, so I'm sure he isn't too disappointed in life, or when taking pictures of him dressed in his warrior garb (that would fall apart in a real battle)  next to three females in a wooden, ancient-style tub (his daughters???).

January 06, 2011, 03:58:51 AM
Oh, you offended me so much! I can see all of my values crashing before my eyes, and somehow, Rob Darken possibly being Italian magically makes his music of lesser value! Woe is me!

Nice try. You forget that some people just don't care.

January 06, 2011, 04:01:44 AM
Oh, you offended me so much! I can see all of my values crashing before my eyes, and somehow, Rob Darken possibly being Italian magically makes his music of lesser value! Woe is me!

Nice try. You forget that some people just don't care.

I'm just saying, when the hip-hop beats make their way into Lord Wind, I'll be the first one to say, "I told you so."

January 06, 2011, 04:04:00 AM
I also won't care. I'll just not listen to the stuff I don't like, and listen to the stuff I do. It's a revolutionary concept!

January 06, 2011, 04:04:18 AM
The next Graveland album cover art:

January 06, 2011, 04:05:13 AM
I also won't care. I'll just not listen to the stuff I don't like, and listen to the stuff I do. It's a revolutionary concept!

Just don't get too nilly-willy when Rob Darken endorses a brand of grillz.

January 06, 2011, 05:00:52 AM
That would be really funny, but I also wouldn't care.

January 21, 2011, 03:11:46 AM
capricornus is/was a drug addict? That site looks suspicious

January 21, 2011, 05:54:55 PM
I just wanna say that Erosion's back-and-forth w/ Iconocloaca is priceless!

January 25, 2011, 10:44:11 PM

Darken is half-italian, anyways, so he's probably 1/6 African-American or something. Probably a good amount of Mongol in there, too.  I bet he goes to the marketplace every day looking to see if anyone has any watermelon (Poles don't sell watermelons on the market, so he leaves disappointed only to eat potatoes and pierogi).

The italians were at the vanguard of every meaningful form of science, mathematics and art while scandinavians were busy trying to figure out which god would lead them to the largest herd of elk.  Let's calm down.  

January 26, 2011, 12:19:55 AM
And I will be damned if I allow anyone to talk about my people regardless of the mistakes we have made in history! But yes, we have been in the forefront of very modern marvels while keeping a traditional sense alive. It always appears that jealousy is the seed for the needless attack. I take these things very seriously, internet or not, because and I am just fluffing my hackles here, it could be all to easy to take someone out....