Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New Year's Resolutions

New Year's Resolutions
December 27, 2010, 01:51:35 AM
1. To suffer even fewer fools
2. To throw out music I don't like
3. To worry even less about what people think
4. To make my life a planned, cause-effect attempt, not emotion reaction
5. Eat more vegetables
6. To scour the overlooked metal from great bands and projects and celebrate it

Re: New Year's Resolutions
December 27, 2010, 02:30:46 AM
7. Smite your enemies so they may die.
8. Splatter blood across the sky

December 27, 2010, 02:37:07 AM
9. for might to prevail
10. To kick aside the weak and frail

December 27, 2010, 02:50:46 AM
I'm going to get a diary so I can organise my days more effectively and so that I concentrate on important stuff like drawing pictures, trying to compose music or go for a walk. The internet is so easy to get side-tracked and waste heaps of time, hopefully I can avoid this next year.

Rot

December 27, 2010, 05:03:44 AM
Make more money, hit the weights harder with a mixture of ketogenic and paleo dieting, travel and hopefully meet interesting people, simple shit

December 27, 2010, 06:07:11 AM
-less thought, more action
-ignore the noise and messes of others
-black metal powerlifting. lots.
-brush up and advance in mathematics and sciences
-become better read in philosophy and history (the book list thread is awesome, so is living 5 minutes from a library)
-do something with my riffs, and craft more
-take up drumming
-get normal non retarded sleep pattern
-wank less
-take up krav maga
-crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of the women

December 27, 2010, 10:14:15 AM
Krav maga isn't as bad ass as people make it out to be, unless you find a really devoted group that trains it multiple times every week. You'll never ever get enough repetition in a class that meets once a week with the amount of shit you'll have to drill to become effective at, especially the weapon disarms. A lot of that stuff already exists in other self defense or martial arts programs.

1. Continue to improve as a parent and husband.
2. Devote more time to training, especially Brazilian Jujitsu.
3. Improve my diet. Rely less on fast food which makes me feel bad physically and feel even worse spiritually. Cheeseburgers contain a chemical that numbs the soul I am convinced. At the very least, when you feed your kids that it makes you feel like you should call social services on yourself.
4. Convince this forum to not be posers on National Day of Slayer this year.
5. Try and get one of these inventions of mine to pop off so I can escape the world of sales hell.
6. Work more diligently with my todder on "Your Baby Can Read". That program works and is worth every penny.It has the Hessian seal of approval. I recommend it to all who wish to raise our future overlords.

December 27, 2010, 07:06:42 PM
1a. Buy an electric guitar/amp. Start writing music of my own instead of just imagining myself writing/playing my own (imaginary) music. 
b. Try to stop assuming the air of a musical elitist before I actually have my own material.

2a.Join local youth orchestra.
b. Volunteer at animal shelter.

3. Find job. Save money to move out of parent's house (again).

4a.Be more conscious of the spiritual signals I telegraph to the people around me; i.e. say what I mean and mean what I say, and know myself well enough to make sure I mean and say what I know to be right.

b. Not to waste energy sending out malignant vibes (Xmas mass=exception). When receiving bad vibes from others, not to retaliate -- "FUK U U DONT KNO ME" -- but to accept -- "Yup, I'm a narcissist with an imposing presence. Sorry you can't feel comfortable around me. Just know I don't possess ill will towards you."

c. Try to be more social and friendly, but still not ever kneel before anyone just because their act is tighter. Only if they genuinely possess some superior skill/insight.

5. Quit smoking,  triple workout schedule and calorie intake.

6. Acquire girlfriend.

7a. Manage my time with more discipline.
b. Complete school work sans-amphetamines.

A hefty list, but well within the realms of achievability. 

December 27, 2010, 08:23:28 PM
Next year, I'll try finding inspiration outside myself. But for now, I tread the path of Lvcifer =D

December 27, 2010, 10:18:55 PM
For me personally:

1)  Work on my work ethic.
2)  Rather than relying on my hungry metabolism, I should actually exercise.
3)  Dial down the laziness.
4)  Work on personal website.

December 27, 2010, 10:38:08 PM
I don't do "New Year's Resolutions", I simply resolve to do things.  What I've resolved to do recently is to become Conan the Barbarian.

1.  Kill enemies.
2.  Steal their women.
3.  ???
4.  PROFIT!!! In the form of babies who can be sold/eaten/trained as warriors.