Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal in the year 2011

Re: Metal in the year 2011
March 13, 2011, 04:52:47 AM
probably Necros Christos

March 17, 2011, 08:38:01 AM
Dead Congregation has not confirmed any releases this year, but I can imagine they will.

March 18, 2011, 11:37:22 PM
Agatus (Greece). http://www.myspace.com/agatus

The pre-production of the newest songs are flawless, imo. Well, they're not really new because they've been on his site for probably two and a half years already and still, the album keeps getting delayed for some reason. I love the prog-rock vibe in Gilgamesh. 

Zemial (Greece) www.myspace.com/zemial

New material is outrageous. Period.

March 19, 2011, 08:16:27 PM
probably Necros Christos

This one feels like a flop. The first proper track has good elements, but the rest of the album becomes a yawn fest after that. It all sounds same-y and repetitive. These are my initial thoughts after my first spin of the album. Thus far I can say I am underwhelmed.
There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us There's too many of us

March 19, 2011, 10:35:52 PM
I'm looking for some new Manzer shit and perhaps Infernal Nature or his side project :-)

May 05, 2011, 12:48:51 PM
Since demos and EPs are fair game, I must add on to Conservationist's list

-Stench of Decay
-Krypts

The Krypts new Self-Titled EP is a clear progression on their early work. The first EP was a mix of different angles of Abhorrence/Rippikoulu inspired death metal, some of it thrashy, some of it doomy, all lathered in a dark atmosphere. The new EP provides more focused material, definitely slower-midpaced songs which bring out the dark and evil atmosphere ala Incantation (but their music is not in this style, just drawing analogies on approach).

The Stench of Decay is leaps and bounds better than their second release. While enjoyable, the songs all sort of rolled along following an ABAB structure, for the most part. I dont have an inherent problem with cyclical song structures, but it was definitely a limiting factor on the 2009 Stench of Decay release. This time we see a more evolved direction. Different from Krypts, here we see a more Demigod and early Sentenced inspired direction. Like Demigod, it's like death metal that wanders through the mysteries of reality and enjoys being in the presence of the unknown. Sure, it's not necessarily unique, but it is a dedicated and true-to-spirit continuation of that sort of metal, one we haven't seen done well for a long time. This will be a band to follow.

July 12, 2011, 10:56:15 AM
Metal is dead.  Maybe a few brain cells are still alive, but the brain damage is irreversible.

I don't agree. Metal is very much alive. It has had lots of children and it may be a parent but it's the kind of parent which headbangs and windmills at concerts with its kids.
You can also catch me here: http://metalforum.com! ;) x

E

July 12, 2011, 07:10:53 PM
I don't agree. Metal is very much alive. It has had lots of children and it may be a parent but it's the kind of parent which headbangs and windmills at concerts with its kids.

I just took a shit. The turd is warm. It must be alive.

July 24, 2011, 05:12:53 PM
Ah the new Prosanctus Inferi is on it's way!

From all the 'underground' hypes I've heard lately I think Sonne Adam and Mitochondrion might be worth something, although it's possible I was still in trance from listening to 'from wisdom to hate' that day.

July 29, 2011, 06:56:04 AM
From all the 'underground' hypes I've heard lately I think Sonne Adam and Mitochondrion might be worth something, although it's possible I was still in trance from listening to 'from wisdom to hate' that day.

Appreciate the recommendation. Very much enjoying their Armed with Hammers EP. 

August 09, 2011, 03:16:58 PM
Based on what I've heard or gleaned:

* Disma
* Asphyx
* Demoncy
* War Master

Interesting. Thanks

Also,

Gorguts - TBA (already mentioned, but I'll do it again)
Autopsy - Macabre eternal
Impale the Under-120's!

I've always enjoyed a little male bondage every now and then.
I like missionary because it allows me to watch her face as I strangle her.

August 10, 2011, 01:15:34 PM
It seems that the new gorguts will be released in 2012 instead because of label problems.

August 11, 2011, 07:14:30 AM
Ah the new Prosanctus Inferi is on it's way!

Mitochondrion, that absolutely piss-poor hipster band from around here..? What?