Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Study shows realities of mate selection

Study shows realities of mate selection
December 27, 2010, 08:44:06 PM
After two years of serving as academic love brokers, we had data on thousands of decisions made by more than 400 daters from Columbia University's various graduate and professional schools. By combining all of our choice and ratings data with separately collected background information on the daters, we could figure out what made someone desirable by comparing the attributes of daters that attracted a lot of interest for future dates with those that were less popular.

With the obvious qualification that we're talking here about a four-minute version of love and dating, we found that men did put significantly more weight on their assessment of a partner's beauty, when choosing, than women did. We also found that women got more dates when they won high marks for looks from research assistants, who were hired for the much sought-after position of hanging out in a bar to rate the dater's level of attractiveness on a scale of one to 10.

By contrast, intelligence ratings were more than twice as important in predicting women's choices as men's. It isn't exactly that smarts were a complete turnoff for men: They preferred women whom they rated as smarter—but only up to a point. In a survey we did before the speed dating began, participants rated their own intelligence levels, and it turns out that men avoided women whom they perceived to be smarter than themselves. The same held true for measures of career ambition—a woman could be ambitious, just not more ambitious than the man considering her for a date.

When women were the ones choosing, the more intelligence and ambition the men had, the better. So, yes, the stereotypes appear to be true: We males are a gender of fragile egos in search of a pretty face and are threatened by brains or success that exceeds our own. Women, on the other hand, care more about how men think and perform, and they don't mind being outdone on those scores.

http://www.slate.com/id/2177637/?GT1=10636

"Nature is EVIL, racist and discriminatory! " screamed the crowd.

Re: Study shows realities of mate selection
December 28, 2010, 01:55:58 PM
Women date the successful and smart guys, yes, but they also cheat on them with bikers, druggies, and "bad boys."  The only way to win the game is to not play it.

When they're younger they mostly fixate on the "bad boys"  At any age, though, they're after your wallet.

December 29, 2010, 06:56:53 AM
The only way to win the game is to not play it.

LOL, FATALIST.

You probably meant to say "the only way to do nothing is to not do anything." You might as well stop breathing too because you're going to die anyway.

This is the perfect attitude to have if you want to repel pussy, or any form of human companionship altogether.

Women date the successful and smart guys, yes, but they also cheat on them with bikers, druggies, and "bad boys."
My statement will be super-simplified and formulaic and tasteless to some, but here it goes anyway -- you find the truth that you can within it:

All women have a sexual, instinctual drive to cheat on their feminized loser provider-husband with the archetypal "bad boy" or alpha male, but it doesn't mean it can be overridden by another instinctive sense - who will be the beta-provider?

Or by how sexy/attractive they estimate themselves to look. The most physically, sexually-attractive women (but often vapid) are attracted to abusive (or potentially abusive) alpha males. The reason why is because they have nothing to lose -- They're on top of the world (in their own little world) and can afford to do without the woman.

(There are also successful alpha males, not just "bad boys." Look at some world leaders.)

This pattern of attraction ebbs and flows between the two extremes depending on where the woman is in her menstrual cycle:

Awkward news from the world of science: Women with less-masculine husbands or boyfriends are more likely to lust after other men during the fertile part of their cycle than women partnered with butch guys.

A new study reveals that heterosexual women whose partners have less-masculine faces report more attraction to other men during ovulation. Women with masculine-looking partners said their eyes wander less, perhaps because the traits women tend to find sexy when they're fertile are already present in their partners. However, while those women weren't looking elsewhere, they also weren't more attracted to their own manly partners while fertile, suggesting that women's reasons for wanting sex, not overall desire, might be what varies throughout the cycle.

The meek beta on the other hand will fight and lose anything and everything to keep his woman and please her and generally be her loathsome slave -- her bitch.

Ugly girls look almost exclusively for provider-types who are willing to settle for less, unless they're so ugly that they will just resort to any gross cock that will dump a fuck in their porcine hole. This exact pattern may just be anecdotal hearsay, however, and is probably tied more to the menstrual pattern above.

To address the idea that women are "after your wallet": From experience, I'm loath to spend much money on a girlfriend and each one in the past has loved me regardless. Women only look for money in lame men because the men have no balls to compensate for the unattraction otherwise.

You don't exactly need money to "have" women. All you need is the proper attitude and some BALLS - spiritually speaking.

Fix yourself, and every other aspect of your life falls into place. The alpha male is attractive socially to everyone and sexually and romantically to women because he is driven to live, to conquer, to destroy, to build and hold strong and steadfast in defiance of inevitable death and entropy: He embodies the vir that everyone here always goes on about.

(Maybe metal music sucks because there's too many pussies trying to make "metal music" these days. Indie metal is shrunken-testicle estrogenic bullshit.)

If you have the "positive" attitude toward life, women will basically smell it in your manly musk and see it in how you act and carry yourself in the world. This stuff cannot be easily faked. Apparently they can tell if you're ugly by your musk too, so if you're ugly or bitchy looking, this doesn't apply to you.

Money only serves as one means to care or provide for yourself and your potential offspring. If you have another reliable means of supporting yourself and living than relying on money, more power to you. Women will still be attracted nonetheless.

I personally believe that what's more important than just finding a sexual partner out of somebody is finding someone whose path of life is parallel to yours and you can help further each others' goals. At the very least, to provide some kind of companionship to one another.

Nature laid the groundwork, now it's time for us to utilize it for a higher goal.

December 29, 2010, 08:01:35 AM
My point is that relationships are a waste of time, one night stands (or fuckbuddies) are more ideal.  The idea of romantic love nauseates me, anyways.

So-called "alpha males" have been nothing more than peacocks strutting feathers. These abstractions bore me, anyways.

World leaders don't impress me.  They're just the average person -- failures -- with a lot more power and money.  No nobility.  The assholes can have their world, I'm not interested in their bullshit, though.

People with positive attitudes have always been the biggest fucktards and douchebags, and while you're right that women want that, I'm not gonna fake that bullshit just to please some walking tuna factory.

I'm younger looking, so maybe that counts as bitchy for you?  I don't know.  Women don't fawn over me and never will, and really, good riddance.  Most have no sparks of intelligence in their eyes, and those that do are just gonna con you, even if you're a so-called "alpha" or "beta."  Every chick I've dated has used me for meal tickets, but I mean, I don't beg them over shit, I tell them to fuck off and humiliate them.

I'm really good at getting chicks to send me nudes online, though.  I managed to get one to take a video of herself fucking her asshole with a vibrator.  Good times.

December 29, 2010, 08:12:40 AM
On another note regarding positive attitudes: how does that fit the "archetype" that these teeny bitches fantasize over this vampire (and related) bullshit?  Like, Edward Cullen has a negative attitude (right?  I haven't read those "books") and chicks fantasize over that.  What's the explanation.

December 29, 2010, 08:17:35 AM
Women date the successful and smart guys, yes, but they also cheat on them with bikers, druggies, and "bad boys."  The only way to win the game is to not play it.

When they're younger they mostly fixate on the "bad boys"  At any age, though, they're after your wallet.

You sound bitter. Keep in mind that your own experiences are not universal.

December 29, 2010, 08:19:47 AM

You sound bitter. Keep in mind that your own experiences are not universal.

The sad thing is, I do keep that in mind.

December 29, 2010, 08:22:45 AM
I am sorry for you. People can be incredibly evil, and that fact can really wreck the way you approach things, but people can also be extraordinarily good. Such is life. Rewards don't mean shit without a struggle.

December 29, 2010, 09:27:10 AM
<extended fatalism>

It really sounds like you've got your path in life carved out for you -- or you suffer from low testosterone. Try exercising more and masturbating less. Chronic orgasms throw off the neurotransmitter balance in the brain and the endocrine hormone levels in the body.

I was doing some searching and a similar topic has come up before:
http://www.anus.com/metal/hall/index.php/topic,2997.0.html

Quote from: ASBO
Sexual selectivity is for the higher man.

You aren't afraid to make a choice, and you do it, and you stick by it unless there's a surprise -- you're not afraid of fate or death. You're making decisions based on real criteria. That's manly.

Screwing around with other idiots, unsure of direction, unwilling to commit but not smart enough to get out of the game, that's for low-testosterone or low-IQ (or both) types.

Quote from: ASBO
I used to think, all the good women are gone, but really it's like reading the news: monkeys are showing you part of the situation, the worst part, hoping you'll give up and be a soulless self-pitying fuck like them.

There are good girls out there. You need to meet them in other wholesome group activities. I don't know you personally, but respect many of the things you've written here, but think it may be probable that you do a lot of things solo. Nothing wrong with that -- until you want a lady -- at which point try group activities:

Secondly, your issues may come from not having accepted the nature of things. Women (as well as anyone else) will manipulate you if they sense some weakness. Betas get cuckolded and used as meal tickets. You don't HAVE to be "alpha". Just don't be a beta.

Lastly, nobody wants to deal with a sourpuss. A true optimist accepts reality, makes the world around him his bitch or dies trying. A pessimist accepts reality but takes it in the ass.

To address the Twilight phenomenon:
Many women don’t really care if things make sense, at all. They just judge if ‘the group’ thinks things are ‘okay’.

So some mercenary authors, like the *bleep* who wrote Twilight, just flip switches. They know, they KNOW, that it DOESN’T MATTER if the whole thing make no sense at all. And that if you TRY to make sense of it, there are only scary answers.

EDWARD CULLEN the Sexually Impossible Vampire from Twilight:
Edward Cullen, Born June 20, 1901, about 100 years old at time of novel.

Older man Attraction Switch FLIPPED!

But isn’t it sad to know that older men have probably had others before you! Don’t worry, that’s not a problem with Edward! He is a virgin!

Way to go! Loves Only Me Attraction Switch FLIPPED!

On the other hand, WTF?

How is Edward still a virgin at 100 years old? Does Edward Cullen have no sex drive? Did he swear an oath to God? No to both. So…….. what exactly is wrong with him that he is still a virgin? *SCARY* Best to stop thinking about it.

But he is physically impossible to!

He is more than humanly possible fast, more than humanly possible strong, and more than humanly possible tough!

Protector/Weapon Against Others Attraction Switch FLIPPED!

And he is SOCIALLY impossible to!

Normally, older, more experienced men DO have some social distance they need to bridge with younger woman. Not so with Edward Cullen! He is COOLZ and Goes To Schoolz! Yes, a 100 year old vampire is ‘learning’ algebra in High School, just like Bella!

I bet he has an easy time on the history tests. Ha. Ha.

He like, really GETS Bella’s like LIFE.

Comfort Established. Attraction Switch FLIPPED!

But….. really…… how can he stand ‘learning’ things he already knows, doesn’t he think he is wasting time? Why does he still act like a teenager…. I mean…. is he *SCARY THOUGHTS* best to stop now. Don’t judge the poor boy… err old man… err virgin super-strong killer… errr… *STOP NOW* *EVERYTHING IS OKAY!* *PONIES!*

Edward also continously Games Bella, Push-Pull, Neg, and all that. So the writer is doing this all deliberately.

And you know what, the completely impossible character of Edward SOLD to lots of girls. It didn’t matter that it was complete nonsense.

And you know what, they are going to compare their boyfriends to a ‘man’ who not only doesn’t exist, but would be a completely insane head-case if ‘he’ did!

Getting women to want utterly impossible men is destructive, and I’m sure the author is well aware of that. If she wasn’t, then she wouldn’t have known enough to flip the attraction switches in the first place.

December 29, 2010, 09:38:54 AM
Let me make it clear that I am in near total agreement with all you have just (beautifully) said, but....

Fix yourself, and every other aspect of your life falls into place. The alpha male is attractive socially to everyone and sexually and romantically to women because he is driven to live, to conquer, to destroy, to build and hold strong and steadfast in defiance of inevitable death and entropy: He embodies the vir that everyone here always goes on about.

Why is it then that the majority of girls aren't clawing each other to death to sex up hessians?

Degenerate culture/oversocialization? Or are we hessians all talk and no action, or what we can call "private" warriors/vir-men.

cocks?

December 29, 2010, 09:57:27 AM
Why is it then that the majority of girls aren't clawing each other to death to sex up hessians?

Degenerate culture/oversocialization? Or are we hessians all talk and no action, or what we can call "private" warriors/vir-men.

cocks?

My speculation is:
*** "Hessians" tend to be "introvert" and in many cases this means social incompetence and/or asocial tendencies.
 - in addition to the above, some Hessians choose to separate themselves from social reality. they have a desire to "create their own" rather than to adapt and master it, and eventually manipulate it to higher ends rather than to let it fall toward its entropic fate.

*** "Private warriors" is another likely case. Hessians have wild imaginations, and this can be good when kept in check. But the negative "private warrior" phenomenon may be due to low free testosterone levels, which coincides with a sedentary lifestyle, poor diet, and excessive masturbation. Testosterone is a "motivator" hormone, which is why "virility" derives from the vir root.

*** Cocks in and around every orifice

December 29, 2010, 12:06:56 PM
Not playing is the only way to guarantee losing.
Formerly known as "Metalist"

December 29, 2010, 03:52:53 PM
My point is that relationships are a waste of time, one night stands (or fuckbuddies) are more ideal.  The idea of romantic love nauseates me, anyways.

As a person who has had rewarding relationships, I couldn't disagree more. A developed, caring relationship is absolutely amazing. Then again, it IS hard to find females that are willing to put aside all of the social BS and actually have one with you.

It seems that you're too fixed on immediate, temporal pleasures. Working towards something that is meaningful and that could possibly last for a long time is a higher goal.

December 29, 2010, 04:25:13 PM

*coughs*

Of course, you ARE wrong in a certain aspect.  The "hessians" who get lots of sex are either in bands, or play dress-up wearing leather. 

December 29, 2010, 04:26:22 PM
Not playing is the only way to guarantee losing.

They said the same thing about LARPing.