Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Study shows realities of mate selection

Re: Study shows realities of mate selection
December 30, 2010, 04:48:40 AM
It's apparently impossible and unnatural for anyone, ever, anywhere, to be happily in union with their mate of choice. That's why wolves, eagles, gibbons, and beavers should stop mating for life, because they don't realize how futile it all is.

That happiness is an illusion, kind of like when those guys think those strippers are actually in love with them.

December 30, 2010, 05:03:47 AM
Everything that Iconocloaca disagrees with is an illusion. As Vomit0us said, get with the program guys!

December 30, 2010, 05:28:42 AM
It comes down to this: Love is fucking amazing.

December 30, 2010, 12:36:45 PM
It comes down to this: Love is fucking amazing.

^ This ^

WTF do you mean by "mastering" social surroundings/reality?

Getting your peers/family/friends to worship Graveland?

Figure out how to rise higher in the petty social hierarchy without relying entirely on outward status symbols. If you must, study human psychology and sociology, observe and practice what useful things you learn. Your ultimate goal will be to rise up to your place in the true hierarchy and to support it to grow and maintain itself so you and others around you can also thrive off its momentum.

Start by fixing your posture and by exercising a little bit. Nobody like a slouched little basement dweller. Clean yourself up too.
Learn how to speak. Go outside and practice or something.

Find others who already resonate with the ideas and values you uphold and make good friends with them. There is strength in numbers. Meet people in college classes, clubs, and so forth.
I'd avoid starting out with your local "metal scene" since most self-styled "metalheads" and 80's throwback "thrashers" are just fashionistas looking for an identity.

Not to mention, they're retarded. Avoid them like the AIDS.

Learn how to figure out which people are good and which are dumb and useless just by reading them and examining their behaviors and attitude. This saves you a lot of time and effort.

Don't expect people to agree with you 100% on every little thing - your music taste is one of them. Keep that (and Graveland) to yourself, and bring it up only when it's appropriate.
Eventually you'll be able to tell the kind of people who will be receptive to the music, but the music is not the priority here.

January 02, 2011, 07:05:41 AM
AIDs, I think you're not so different from what I advocate: however, I don't agree that "rising up in hierachy" will be of any value, considering that the pattern seems to be that the me-tooers jump onto the bandwagon and turn the original idea into shit. Speaking in generalities.

I think you're blinded by optimism.  Anything governed by the masses is cancer.  You try to control or manipulate them, and either they'll stupidly turn it around and bring any good idea into the shitter, or some smart-but-parasitic asshole will repackage "it" to the masses and have that become the de-facto standard.

It's much harder to find good people than what you say: every time I've given people quarter I've been bitten.  I'm much more ruthless now.

Find others who already resonate with the ideas and values you uphold and make good friends with them. There is strength in numbers. Meet people in college classes, clubs, and so forth.

Much harder than what you realize, and the "college classes" advice was poor, at least, for me it was before I dropped out (lol).  I think with college classes you'll find more dumbfucks who think they're smarter than they are and actively abuse their inflated sense of self upon others.

Hell, when someone on a metal forum advises others not to hang around metalhead idiots, it says a lot about the current situation.

(Sorry for the nonstop generalities, I wanted to make this post apply to as much as I could.  I leave it up to others to fill them all in.)

January 02, 2011, 10:57:21 AM
[...]considering that the pattern seems to be that the me-tooers jump onto the bandwagon and turn the original idea into shit. Speaking in generalities.

Everything dies and decays after a time. Accept it and keep going. Life is nothing but death and pain in disguise: embrace it warmly or suffer.

I think you're blinded by optimism.
That's if you look at everything through a lens of optimism/pessimism. I look at things purely from a do-or-die perspective, and the "die" part is too obvious and useless to write about.

Anything governed by the masses is cancer.  You try to control or manipulate them, and either they'll stupidly turn it around and bring any good idea into the shitter, or some smart-but-parasitic asshole will repackage "it" to the masses and have that become the de-facto standard.

Don't try to control or manipulate them directly because it's not exactly worth your time without some kind of organized basis, or ability to actually see who has worth.

If you haven't noticed the intelligent people around you in your life, it's because you've blinded and closed yourself to them. If everyone is your enemy, then nobody can be your ally. Not even of your own doing.

The cool thing about cancer is that it kills itself off. Healthy free agents do their best to avoid it so that it dies without much collateral damage.

It's much harder to find good people than what you say: every time I've given people quarter I've been bitten.  I'm much more ruthless now.
There's acceptable people, then there's good people, then there's great people. Treat them with your time and resources accordingly.

People who can't trust others are just unable to read them -- distrust is the result of being exploited or harmed regularly. People who are more trusting of others tend to have a better ability to read the liars and deceivers. If you aren't an aspie, this can come easily with a little more social experience and observation.

Much harder than what you realize, and the "college classes" advice was poor, at least, for me it was before I dropped out (lol).  I think with college classes you'll find more dumbfucks who think they're smarter than they are and actively abuse their inflated sense of self upon others.

Those are the ones who open their mouths and call attention to themselves to appear important -- I won't disagree with you there. Look for the wallflowers. You're going to look for the people who seem like they're going somewhere or doing something.

It's probably a better idea for you to be alone though if you're willing to give up searching so easily.

Hell, when someone on a metal forum advises others not to hang around metalhead idiots, it says a lot about the current situation.

The general consensus around here is that most metal sucks, like most people suck. Avoid it: tolerate it like you would a fly, but swat it if it comes too close to you or your lunch.

We live in a time where everyone believes in the back of their head that they're equal to everyone else. Underground death and black metal weren't huge phenomena, but once someone lumped it all into a category called "extreme music", you have any number of pedestrians and proles blowing through to bolster their appearance with a "fearful" image.

HEY MOM I AM BLASTING ENSIFERUM, I BET YOU THINK IM GOING THROUGH A PHASE OR SOMETHING.

Anyway, most of the people in your local "metal scene" can consist of any of the following:

• Pantera/brocore faggots. May be fat due to alcoholism. May be BUFF due to low self esteem and low testosterone.
  • Dumb nerds who like that "symphonic black metal" and "goth metal" bullshit. They're probably fat or weeaboo.
  • Throwback thrasher faggots who listen to nothing but Exodus and Anthrax and nu-thrash like Toxic Holocaust all the fucking time. Also probably fat.
  • "Crust punks" - Hipsters who wear black, patched up clothes and listen to Amebix and WITTR among various underground bands. Emaciated due to vegan diet.

The bottom line is that all of the above are retards and probably just barely got out of high school. The only difference between them is what they're wearing and listening to. They'll probably move out of the "metal phase" after a couple years or until their parents get tired of their shit.

Older metalheads (age 30+) who don't exactly look like metalheads and have a pretty established "normal" life are pretty interesting and fun to meet and talk to though. Go see one of the older underground bands (like MASTER) next time they tour near you and just open up a conversation with someone.

January 02, 2011, 08:37:11 PM
People who can't trust others are just unable to read them -- distrust is the result of being exploited or harmed regularly. People who are more trusting of others tend to have a better ability to read the liars and deceivers. If you aren't an aspie, this can come easily with a little more social experience and observation.

I'm fantastic at reading people.  Some of my experiences are me second-guessing my ability to read people (give them a chance, LOL), or people I'm forced to be around (e.g. work).

That, and everyone is a liar and a deceiver.

I disagree completely -- those who trust others are the ones who get exploited nonstop.

January 02, 2011, 08:45:40 PM
So you shouldn't trust family members? Close friends? Your spouse? It is certainly true that not everyone is worthy of trust, but if you throw out trust entirely, you're left with no one close to you. I'd rather take the risk of "being exploited" to have people I care about around me.

January 03, 2011, 12:51:37 PM
That, and everyone is a liar and a deceiver.

I disagree completely -- those who trust others are the ones who get exploited nonstop.
I can see where you're coming from if you're talking about Average Joe Nobody on the street, or even people you met in high school.

I think high school was when I learned who could be trusted and who could be incinerated and few would miss them. Trust is an exclusive privilege, not an obligation or a handout.

You're confusing "trusting" with "gullible". How or why would an intelligent, trusting person let themselves get exploited?

A gullible person who has been fooled and exploited too many times may put their minds at ease by using a simple catchall like HUMANS = LIARS. This simply causes a big headache.

Trusting People Make Better Lie Detectors

People high in trust were more accurate at detecting the liars -- the more people showed trust in others, the more able they were to distinguish a lie from the truth. The more faith in their fellow humans they had, the more they wanted to hire the honest interviewees and to avoid the lying ones. Contrary to the stereotype, people who were low in trust were more willing to hire liars and they were also less likely to be aware that they were liars.

"Although people seem to believe that low trusters are better lie detectors and less gullible than high trusters, these results suggest that the reverse is true," write co-authors Nancy Carter and Mark Weber of the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto. "High trusters were better lie detectors than were low trusters; they also formed more appropriate impressions and hiring intentions.

"People who trust others are not pie-in-the-sky Pollyannas, their interpersonal accuracy may make them particularly good at hiring, recruitment, and identifying good friends and worthy business partners."

On the flip-side of this coin, liars are prone to lying to people who are easily deceived. They can tell who will be most susceptible to their trickery.

If one shows that they are trusting, but easily able to spot liars, they are less likely to be lied to. Even liars will tell them the truth, or at the very least, the truth can be extrapolated from their lies by this person because they're such a Smarty McSmartpants.

January 05, 2011, 03:31:57 PM
Not to complain, but in the past "alpha males" did not exist in such large numbers as they had a tendency to get killed off or shamed for their behavior.  This is especially true in the Arab and Germanic societies: you would die if you violated the honor of a family.  To sound low-brow, most of them are simply talk and show, lacking any real status or integrity.  There are real leaders and masculine archetypes, but you will find their behavior lacking the callousness and rehearsed sociopathy of the so-called "alpha male."  If you want to be considered as a serious mate simply work hard, dress well, exercise and become strong, and do not let anyone dim your spirits.  Most people are incredibly shallow and crude at heart, so they should be expected to behave like serfs.

If you want a life-long mate who will be less likely to cheat on you or rob you of all of your assets, go east my friend and adopt of the patriarchal customs.  Otherwise, look for a decent woman among your kind, but realize that such a search will be difficult.  Even if she is not a good person, there will be the deterrent of a return home disgraced to face the wrath of a dishonored family.

January 05, 2011, 07:53:59 PM
Alpha males aren't, by nature, callous. Otherwise they would never ascend to levels of admiration. They're not un-callous either, though. You're confusing the modern usage of the term, as co-opted by PUA trash, with what it really denotes - which is simply a natural-born leader.

January 05, 2011, 11:30:56 PM
Alpha males aren't, by nature, callous. Otherwise they would never ascend to levels of admiration. They're not un-callous either, though. You're confusing the modern usage of the term, as co-opted by PUA trash, with what it really denotes - which is simply a natural-born leader.

I am using it in that context because of the times we are in, I know what a true alpha person is.  I might be one in the making.

January 06, 2011, 12:49:26 AM
Sorry, you're absolutely right. I should have noticed that you already implied the same knowledge by using quotation marks around the term at the beginning of your post.

January 06, 2011, 01:51:54 AM
Ah, the ANUS forums.... people debating concepts without even coming to a prior consensus on the definition of the terms thrown around.  Things never change.

January 06, 2011, 02:26:12 AM
Ah, the ANUS forums.... people debating concepts without even coming to a prior consensus on the definition of the terms thrown around.  Things never change.

You're a bit of a wanker.