Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Praising Murderers

Re: Praising Murderers
December 29, 2010, 02:23:56 PM
I'm thinking more in terms of ratios than in terms of actual frequencies - there may be slightly more serial killers per non-serial killer nowadays, but I can't imagine there being much more.  As with similar human rarities, of course the frequency will rise when the overall population rises.

December 29, 2010, 02:59:06 PM
It doesn't seem too absurd to say that most and normal people prefer life over death; why they do this is another question. But at least one can say that a statement like "death is as sacred as life" should be accompanied by some kind of explanation.
Whatever you honor above all things, that which you so honor will have dominion over you.

December 29, 2010, 03:50:22 PM
Most murderers are defective losers. Any healthy person will not pull a Columbine or dissolve prostitutes in a barrel of acid. Lets not fool ourselves, here.

December 29, 2010, 08:26:59 PM
Most murderers are defective losers. Any healthy person will not pull a Columbine or dissolve prostitutes in a barrel of acid. Lets not fool ourselves, here.

That shit is pretty cool to read about, though, you have to admit.  Gives the world a bit of flavor, eh?

December 30, 2010, 01:07:27 AM
I've always found the psychology of serial killers to be morbidly interesting, as well.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

January 01, 2011, 08:08:34 AM
I am one of the few that truly understands what death and pain are all about...I have walked the same path as God. By taking lives and making others afraid of me, I become God's equal. Through killing others, I become my own Master. Through my own power I come to my own redemption. Once I seen the miracle light, I didn't never again have to fear or obey the Rules of no Man or no God...I'll die peaceful because my name is going to live as long as men have memories-as long as they talk about good and evil-and as long as they read my words of Final Truth.

- Donald Gaskins

Err, not sure I totally agree, but still fascinating in its own way.

January 01, 2011, 12:08:51 PM
The only thing I find fascinating is how the guy had to kill over 80 people to get put away for life, after already being arrested and split a person's skull with a hammer for bringing up that he burnt a barn.
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

January 07, 2011, 06:47:51 AM
The only thing I find fascinating is how the guy had to kill over 80 people to get put away for life, after already being arrested and split a person's skull with a hammer for bringing up that he burnt a barn.

who?

January 07, 2011, 02:20:52 PM
What do you think of the celebration of some assassins - columbine, jeff weise, that finn, the asian (altough I don't think he was praised so much).

I praise them for sending a wake-up call, and for being right about a lot of things, but mostly I have compassion. It's usually a waste. The Asian dude had an awesome kill count but wasn't as clearly an ideological dissident. Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Jeff Weisse were the most clearly onto something.

January 07, 2011, 03:03:35 PM
What do you think of the celebration of some assassins - columbine, jeff weise, that finn, the asian (altough I don't think he was praised so much).

I praise them for sending a wake-up call, and for being right about a lot of things, but mostly I have compassion. It's usually a waste. The Asian dude had an awesome kill count but wasn't as clearly an ideological dissident. Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Jeff Weisse were the most clearly onto something.

Jeff Weise didn't really impress me either, he clearly didn't really have a coherent idealogy.  Kid just had problems -- he did grow up on a reservation, right?  He should've just chilled, found a better dealer, and stopped dressing up like some horned animal.

Pekka was clearly ubermensch.  Shame he had to waste himself on "terrorism."

Cho was fucking nuts, but holy shit, again, that kill count with 2 pistols (one being a .22) is pretty magnificent.  Then again, wild animals have better instincts than college weenies.

January 07, 2011, 06:19:45 PM
Conservationist: If the victim was your son/wife/gf/sister, would you feel the same?
You're quite hostile.

I got a right to be hostile, man, my people been persecuted!

January 08, 2011, 06:11:06 AM
I praise them for sending a wake-up call, and for being right about a lot of things, but mostly I have compassion. It's usually a waste.

The message sent is going to be misinterpreted for the public mostly from incompetence, but party from corruption. Rare mass killings is an opportunity to sell more psychotropic meds to the masses and get them reading sensationalist articles stocked with advertisements. But, working on a society that isn't insane is much harder to achieve and there is no short term profit in it.

It is important to have another point of view out there.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

January 08, 2011, 01:01:54 PM
What do you think of the celebration of some assassins - columbine, jeff weise, that finn, the asian

I think it's ridiculous, and a jacking-off about how bad-ass they were.  For those of you who appreciate the murderers for assisting in your War on Modern Man or whatever, or for their sound ideologies...what?  To The Masses, the dudes appear as what they were: sincerely disturbed, warped, and without any meaningful ties to humans.  Not bad-ass ubermensch philospher-soldiers.

They probably would have grown up to make horrible 8th-wave Gothic Black Metal.

January 08, 2011, 03:06:58 PM
It sends the message that something is going seriously wrong in modern society, even simple idiots can understand that. But that's all it achieves.

January 09, 2011, 03:15:42 AM
As a good nihilist, I'm indifferent to method. Murder or publication, or both, are the same.

The question is whether (a) they convincingly explained where we went wrong and (b) was there any possibility in their solutions?

I'd say that very few had the latter, and the former is best explained by Nietzsche/Plato.