Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

BURZUM's 8th ALBUM: FALLEN

BURZUM's 8th ALBUM: FALLEN
January 12, 2011, 11:07:42 PM
Fallen is the 9th studio album from Burzum, and follows the highly critically acclaimed 2010 release Belus which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time. Fallen follows Belus in sound and structure, and can also be compared to the music on the groundbreaking DET SOM ENGANG VAR. Fallen is more dynamic and hard hitting then Belus and has an even bigger sound, but still carries the same trademark melodic melody lines throughout that makes Burzum sound so iconic and unique.

Burzum says of the new album and his style of music:
"Musically FALLEN is like a cross between BELUS and something new, inspired more by the debut album DET SOM ENGANG VAR than by HVIS LYSET TAR OSS or FILOSOFEM. The sound is more dynamic – we mastered the album as if it was classical music – and I was more experimental than I was on BELUS in all respects. Lyric wise it is similar to the debut album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological undertone known from BELUS is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks – a short introduction and a longer conclusion."

I. Fra Verdenstreet
II. Jeg faller
III. Valen
IV. Vanvidd
V. Enhver til Sitt
VI. Budstikken
VII. Til Hel og tilbake igjen

http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BYE008CD

Re: BURZUM's 9th ALBUM: FALLEN
January 13, 2011, 03:41:07 AM
If true, looking forward to this.  Fuck all y'all and your Belus-bashing.

January 13, 2011, 06:29:40 AM
If true, looking forward to this.  Fuck all y'all and your Belus-bashing.

Absolutely, I'm very curious to say the least. No information on the official site makes me skeptical though.

January 13, 2011, 06:49:59 AM
The webmaster is probably occupied with inhaling speed balls (the TRUE white god).

January 13, 2011, 08:38:38 AM
I want to be optimistic, so I will be.

January 13, 2011, 12:34:04 PM
The webmaster is probably occupied with inhaling speed balls (the TRUE white god).

Battlegrim, the Russian webmaster of Burzum.o­rg, always spends every winter in Magaluf to avoid the cold Russian weather. When he is done sipping Pina Coladas, I'm sure he'll return to the Motherland and update the site accordingly.

I can't back any of that up.

January 13, 2011, 12:43:07 PM
Here's that track listing in real words:
I. The World Tree
II. I fall
III. Valen
IV. Insanity
V. Any of His
VI. Fiery
VII. To Hel and back

[source: google translate]

And can anybody identify the cover artist (which may or may not be the final version)? My first instinct was that it was by JW Waterhouse just from the style (redhead in profile, obvious mythological reference, effeminate wishy-washy colour) but I cannot find it in any online gallery so maybe not. I am guessing that Vikernes had a specific European myth in mind and just googled that to find an appropriate image. So anybody better schooled in the Classics might have more luck identifying the particular story and from that the painting...

Anyway, I like the cover: it's a big improvement. Anyone remember this one from the Belus preview? The new album is totally heterosexual by comparison.

January 13, 2011, 01:04:32 PM
Fallen is the 9th studio album from Burzum, and follows the highly critically acclaimed 2010 release Belus which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time. Fallen follows Belus in sound and structure, and can also be compared to the music on the groundbreaking DET SOM ENGANG VAR. Fallen is more dynamic and hard hitting then Belus and has an even bigger sound, but still carries the same trademark melodic melody lines throughout that makes Burzum sound so iconic and unique.

"Musically FALLEN is like a cross between BELUS and something new, inspired more by the debut album DET SOM ENGANG VAR than by HVIS LYSET TAR OSS or FILOSOFEM. The sound is more dynamic – we mastered the album as if it was classical music – and I was more experimental than I was on BELUS in all respects. Lyric wise it is similar to the debut album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological undertone known from BELUS is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks – a short introduction and a longer conclusion."

I. Fra Verdenstreet
II. Jeg faller
III. Valen
IV. Vanvidd
V. Enhver til Sitt
VI. Budstikken

The image is William Bouguereau, Douleur d'Amour.

January 13, 2011, 01:36:14 PM
And can anybody identify the cover artist (which may or may not be the final version)? My first instinct was that it was by JW Waterhouse just from the style (redhead in profile, obvious mythological reference, effeminate wishy-washy colour) but I cannot find it in any online gallery so maybe not. I am guessing that Vikernes had a specific European myth in mind and just googled that to find an appropriate image. So anybody better schooled in the Classics might have more luck identifying the particular story and from that the painting...

Anyway, I like the cover: it's a big improvement. Anyone remember this one from the Belus preview? The new album is totally heterosexual by comparison.

William Bouguereau - Douleur D'Amour (in English: Elegy)

Full painting:
http://www.artrenewal.org/artwork/007/7/58/douleur_damour-huge.jpg

I like the cover too.

January 13, 2011, 01:37:06 PM

I. Fra Verdenstreet
II. Jeg faller
III. Valen
IV. Vanvidd
V. Enhver til Sitt
VI. Budstikken

The image is William Bouguereau, Douleur d'Amour.

A Venom cover ?

Ah you beat me to it!

January 13, 2011, 02:05:11 PM
The cover art is a detail of a painting by French late-19th century painter William Bouguereau.

http://www.artrenewal.org/pages/artwork.php?artworkid=58&size=large

January 13, 2011, 02:06:10 PM
I just hope Varg expands on the good ideas in Belus, and doesn't stoop to repeating himself.

New Burzum album out March 7th (..?)
January 13, 2011, 04:24:10 PM
According to the source below, we have a new Burzum album to look forward (well, maybe not so much) to.

"Fallen is the 9th studio album from Burzum, and follows the highly critically acclaimed 2010 release Belus which put Burzum straight back at the at the top of the chain as of one of the most innovative and creative metal artists of our time. Fallen follows Belus in sound and structure, and can also be compared to the music on the groundbreaking DET SOM ENGANG VAR. Fallen is more dynamic and hard hitting then Belus and has an even bigger sound, but still carries the same trademark melodic melody lines throughout that makes Burzum sound so iconic and unique.

"Musically FALLEN is like a cross between BELUS and something new, inspired more by the debut album and DET SOM ENGANG VAR than by HVIS LYSET TAR OSS or FILOSOFEM. The sound is more dynamic – we mastered the album as if it was classical music – and I was more experimental than I was on BELUS in all respects. Lyric wise it is similar to the debut album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological undertone known from BELUS is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks – a short introduction and a longer conclusion."

source: http://www.plastichead.com/catalogue.asp?ex=fitem&verb=F&target=BYE008CD

Am I late here, or does this seem rather curious? Less than a two month wait?

January 13, 2011, 06:12:38 PM
Regarding the source, Plastichead is the official distributor of Burzum, so it's pretty much sure that this isn't fake.

Regarding the news itself, I think this is a positive sign. Firstly, the fact that Vikernes has been able to pull this off so quickly means that he at least isn't running out of ideas (contra, for instance, Fenriz). Secondly, the artwork and the song titles seem suggest that he's thinking like a real artist again instead of trying to create a success formula of "Pagan Metal" (Belus).

January 13, 2011, 06:22:18 PM
Depending on the content of this album, it may become more accurate to consider "old Burzum", "ambient Burzum", and "new Burzum" as seperate entities, albeit linked very much by the (general) common goal.