Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

BURZUM's 8th ALBUM: FALLEN

Re: New Burzum album out March 7th (..?)
January 13, 2011, 06:24:25 PM
It seems highly likely to me that he's been writing this for a good number of years, and recording it straight on from Belus.  The only reason why a lot of bands don't record all the time is that they take "breaks", either for touring/gigging purposes (fair enough) or because they've run out of ideas (most bands beyond a second/third album).

Re: New Burzum album out March 7th (..?)
January 13, 2011, 08:43:26 PM
It seems highly likely to me that he's been writing this for a good number of years, and recording it straight on from Belus.  

I dont' think so. Consider that Varg wrote most of the material for the first 3 albums in the time span of about a year.

Re: BURZUM's 8th ALBUM: FALLEN
January 13, 2011, 09:37:13 PM
It seems highly likely to me that he's been writing this for a good number of years, and recording it straight on from Belus. 

I dont' think so. Consider that Varg wrote most of the material for the first 3 albums in the time span of about a year.

http://www.burzum.com/burzum/music/timeline/

Yes?  Your point?  I fail to see how this changes anything about my statement.

January 14, 2011, 02:57:23 PM
http://www.burzum.com/burzum/music/timeline/

Yes?  Your point?  I fail to see how this changes anything about my statement.
What he said only validates your statement, if anything.  People are strange...

If this album is even just a step up from Belus, I will be pleased.  That will indicate that Varg is moving back into the right direction.  If that's the case, we could actually see some great Burzum work in the next few years.

January 14, 2011, 06:44:29 PM
People are strange...

... When you're a stranger.  Faces look ugly when you're alone.  Women seem wicked when you're unwanted; streets are uneven when you're down.

If this album is even just a step up from Belus, I will be pleased.  That will indicate that Varg is moving back into the right direction.  If that's the case, we could actually see some great Burzum work in the next few years.

He's certainly moving in some direction, if the artwork/title are legitimate (an English name for a Burzum album?  What the fuck?)

January 14, 2011, 08:48:25 PM
He's certainly moving in some direction, if the artwork/title are legitimate (an English name for a Burzum album?  What the fuck?)
Actually, "fallen" is a Norwegian word which translates to, well, "fallen". "Falle" is the equivalent for the English verb "to fall".
But, of course, it's still a generic and unimaginative title, more suitable for something like Evanescence than Burzum.

January 14, 2011, 10:52:07 PM
From the .org site:

Tracklist:

Title   English
Fra Verdenstreet   From The World Tree
Jeg Faller   I Am Falling
Valen   Fallen
Vanvidd   Madness
Enhver Til Sitt   Each Man To His Own, meaning "Each Man Gets What He Deserves"
Budstikken   The Message
Til Hel Og Tilbake Igjen   To Hel And Back Again

Musically "Fallen" is like a cross between "Belus" and something new, inspired more by the début album and "Det Som Engang Var" than by "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" or "Filosofem". The sound is more dynamic – we mastered the album as if it was classical music – and I was more experimental than I was on "Belus" in all respects. Lyricwise it is similar to the début album, in the way that it is more personal and focuses on existential issues, but the mythological untertone known from "Belus" is still there. I have also included some ambient tracks – a short introduction and a longer conclusion.

"Fallen" was recorded and mixed during two weeks in Grieghallen studios, using a Spectar bass with alembic electronics on a VOX AC50 amp from 1965, a Ludwig drum kit (with a 26 inch kick) from 1975, a Neumann M149 microphone and stereo Schoeps CMTS 501 U microhpones for vocals, an OBH Nordica Harmony 6487, a custom Stig instrument and a Peavey 23 guitar on a Peavey 6505 (120 Watt) amp.

The picture on the front cover of "Fallen" is a part of a painting, "Élégie" (Eng. "Elegy"), by William Adolphe Bouguereau.

PS. Yes, both "Fallen" and "Valen" translates into English as "Fallen".

"Fallen" will be released worldwide on Byelobog Productions on the 7th March 2011.

January 15, 2011, 07:52:03 AM
Artrenewal.com made me a fan of Bouguereau a few years ago.  That site seems kind of like the anus.com of the art world.  And I suppose Bouguereau is to ARC what Burzum is to Anus, so it seems appropriate.  But damn, I sure hope Varg does justice to such a cover.

January 15, 2011, 08:01:10 AM
Actually, "fallen" is a Norwegian word which translates to, well, "fallen". "Falle" is the equivalent for the English verb "to fall".

Goddamn foreigners!  Always stealing our words!

January 15, 2011, 05:21:33 PM
When I first saw this (especially with that title, and before the .org had been updated) I wondered if some ANUSites had pulled another Total Deaf. Guess not - which is  too bad. I like the cover, though. The music will have to wait, obviously, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't at least a slight improvement over Belus, even if the one-word song titles don't give me much hope.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

MLK

January 15, 2011, 11:58:53 PM
"Fallen" was recorded and mixed during two weeks in Grieghallen studios, using.... an OBH Nordica Harmony 6487
kettle metal.

January 17, 2011, 10:34:12 PM
As long as he didn't record on a fuckin' dieselharp, I'll be happy.

January 17, 2011, 11:47:48 PM
If Belus makes you gay then Fallen will finally get your sex change therapy underway.

January 26, 2011, 06:19:55 PM
Burzum "Fallen" preview on Amazon.co.uk. Check it out.

EDIT - Megaupload link.

January 26, 2011, 06:54:58 PM
Burzum "Fallen" preview on Amazon.co.uk. Check it out.
So basically, it's going to be Belus part II.  What's with the recycled riff?  Am I just imagining that?