Of those bands:
1) I'd immediately disregard Judas Iscariot; this band has contributed nothing
2) VON is only notable for influence
3) I find nothing of notable importance or quality from Krieg or Black Funeral
4) I Shalt Become, Absu, and Averse Sefira have all produced albums that are great on paper but don't stand out in practice
5) Demoncy, Profanatica, and Havohej have all produced albums of note but are limited by their simplicity, which is oddly also the source of their power
On the idea of Industrial as a path for American Metal bands: What would you say are bands that represent the closest analogues of what you're looking for? You mentioned DBC and Butthole Surfers who aren't Industrial, and Ministry who are kind of mediocre.