Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Power Electronic Music

Power Electronic Music
February 07, 2011, 09:19:28 PM
I didn't know where to post this thread. If it is not metal related, or a "chasm" type discussion, I guess I will have to dump this here:

Im interested in hearing what user here think of this genre. I see it frequently cited in underground music, but have no understanding of this or any other related "noise" genres. I have given the band Whitehouse a listen a long time ago, and it did not strike me as being anything other than a disturbing wall of static.

To those knowledgeable in this genre: Is it worth looking into (and what releases are recommended)? Is their any artistic merit buried here, or is it merely experimentation?

Re: Power Electronic Music
February 09, 2011, 03:12:27 PM
http://www.plaguehaus.com/

Is anything they review at this website actually worth checking into?

You know what, dumb question, I'll go find out for myself.

SHEEP!

Re: Power Electronic Music
February 11, 2011, 04:39:05 PM
A small minority of Power Electronic music is good. The rest is shock/novelty noise or sub-par imitation of the better projects.

Good, off the top of my head:

Brighter Death Now - The Slaughterhouse
Brighter Death Now - Necrose Evangelikum
Brighter Death Now - May All Be Dead
Survival Unit - Thought Trigger Target
Anenzephalia - New World Disorder
Anenxephalia - Noehaem

Why this music is good: expresses ideas of apocalyptic social decay in extremely dissonant but intelligently structured sound.

Generally speaking, though, a lot of the best music in the electronic category is that which bridges many different styles. Power Electronic is quite a narrow sub-genre, the possibilities of which have been exhausted many times over. For something more interesting you might want to look at Deutsch Nepal.