Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Celtic Frost tour

Re: Celtic Frost tour
July 15, 2006, 10:32:21 AM
I would sooner see a class musical act such as Immolation play with them.

That's about my feeling. Find a quality metal band to tour with them even if the two do not sound alike.

July 16, 2006, 09:24:51 PM
And if you insist on playing with bands that are probably shit, how about letting local acts open every show instead?  If 1349 opens for you, you know they're going to completely suck every single night, if you let locals open, you give someone a shot, and, hey, there's a chance, however tiny, that they might not blow.

July 17, 2006, 08:14:31 AM
And if you insist on playing with bands that are probably shit, how about letting local acts open every show instead?  If 1349 opens for you, you know they're going to completely suck every single night, if you let locals open, you give someone a shot, and, hey, there's a chance, however tiny, that they might not blow.

An honourable idea that would be better than dragging out the clowns and their fire breathing every night. Grrrrr...

LEGION

July 17, 2006, 11:07:52 AM
Usually that's been the unwritten-policy with touring bands anyway...as far as Seattle goes, with every national act or international one, there's been a "local-opener" for that particular show.  I e-mailed CF's manager about this, to see if my band could get on the bill for Seattle...her response, however polite, was:  "There simply won't be enough time for another slot."  I understand this, because who wants to sit through 3 or 4 bands before the main act anyway?  And if that's the case, then the show would probably start @ 5:00 p.m. as opposed to a "normal" time.

TC

July 17, 2006, 11:31:27 AM
here they play after 1349 drops off the bill (sad, since i wanted to see Tony Laureano with 1349) and have replaced them with Goatwhore.

oh, and we have the added bonus of having a local open the show.... that sounds like they want to be 1349 crossed with CoF.  yay.

July 24, 2006, 06:49:04 PM
I am SO looking forward to this tour :D......and by the way, 1349 is fucking amazing(especially with Frost of Satyricon playing drums)----I sure as hell wouldn't want to follow them.....no matter HOW classic of a band I was in!.......and Goatwhore is cool too.......wake up!.........PS: LEGION-thanks for that pic of Tom G!