Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

BACKYARD BURIAL vocalist stabbed in sleep

BACKYARD BURIAL vocalist stabbed in sleep
February 17, 2011, 01:46:04 PM
The death metal band vocalist at the centre of a Wellington homicide inquiry died as a result of ferocious attack while in bed, police say.

Matthew John Hall, who went by the stage name "Blaps Warmonger", was found dead by a flatmate at his Johnsonville flat on Tuesday. The 35-year-old died from multiple stab wounds.

Hall was a long-serving member of the popular Wellington death metal band Backyard Burial, formed by a group of school friends in Lower Hutt in 1998.

The officer in charge of the investigation, Detective Senior Sergeant Dave Thornton, says an autopsy examination carried out on the body showed "he died from a ferocious attack whilst in his bed".

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/4666890/Metal-singer-victim-of-ferocious-attack

Wow

Re: BACKYARD BURIAL vocalist stabbed in sleep
February 17, 2011, 06:49:17 PM
Are these guys big in NZ or something because I never heard of them.

March 11, 2011, 10:27:06 AM
I think what everybody wants to know is: did they actually bury him in the backyard or are they just a bunch of posers after all? Typical, as soon as someone dies suddenly the "metal lifestyle" is over too.

March 12, 2011, 08:37:46 AM
He worked as a consumer consultant for Wellington’s mental health services.

March 25, 2011, 01:45:32 AM
I think what everybody wants to know is: did they actually bury him in the backyard or are they just a bunch of posers after all?