Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

EXTREME NOISE TERROR vocalist Phil Vane found dead

Uncertain as to the cause of death yet, but:

Extreme Noise Terror vocalist Phil Vane was found dead yesterday by friends. No cause of death has yet been reported. Vane was 46.

ENT were an early UK grindcore/D-beat/pun​k-metal band, peers of Napalm Death who shared members in the early years and then again in the late 1990s. Napalm's then-drummer, Mick Harris, played with ENT on an early session for John Peel's BBC radio show, which can be heard on the awesome 2009 3CD set Grind Madness at the BBC. Years later, current Napalm vocalist Mark "Barney" Greenway quit the band, dissatisfied with its direction; Vane took his place, whereupon Greenway joined ENT and sang on their album Damage 381. The two returned to their original positions a year later, with Vane's vocals for the album Inside the Torn Apart scrapped and replaced by Greenway's.

ENT kept going for years, with Vane the last original member. The band's most recent full-length release was 2008's Law of Retaliation, but like many punk/hardcore/grind bands, their discography was jammed with singles, split EPs, compilation tracks, etc., etc. Ultimately, their reputation rests on their early work, particularly the aforementioned Peel sessions, their 1989 debut CD A Holocaust In Your Head and 1992's Phonophobia EP.

A damned shame. Too young to go yet. Why can't some random nu-metal musician drop dead instead of valid artists?
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

"The stars that burn brightest, burn quickest".

Or not, as the case more generally is.  I've never heard much Extreme Noise Terror, and certainly never listened to any.  Is it particularly worth my time, and, if so, where would one suggest I start?

"The stars that burn brightest, burn quickest".

Or not, as the case more generally is.  I've never heard much Extreme Noise Terror, and certainly never listened to any.  Is it particularly worth my time, and, if so, where would one suggest I start?

You don't like punk/hardcore/crust right?

If you do, try out their Peel Sessions and "A Holocaust In Your Head".

If you don't, don't bother.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

The more you start to get to know these musicians in REAL LIFE, the more you realize that their just a bunch of losers, drunks, etc, and so, I certainly hope Phil wasn't one of those cases - I liked his early material A LOT.