Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New MORBID ANGEL Album to be Released on 6/2/11

New MORBID ANGEL Album to be Released on 6/2/11
February 28, 2011, 12:31:31 AM
French label Season Of Mist has just confirmed to BraveWords.com that the as-yet-untitled new album from Florida extreme metallers MORBID ANGEL will be released on June 2nd and is being described as "something between the bizarre and their classic sounds."

http://www.bravewords.com/news/156441

"bizarre..." 

Oh boy...

I bet no one here thinks this is going to be masturbatory garbage.

A live version of one of the new songs has been up for ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zypZWRB0ico

Vincent has officially lost his marbles/testosterone.

Morbid Angel have set “Illud Divinum Insanus” as the title of their eagerly awaited forthcoming album, out June 6th, 2011 in Europe and June 7th , 2011 in North America. This will be MORBID ANGEL’s 8th studio album and the first since legendary frontman David Vincent rejoined the fold. A single for the song “Nevermore” will be out o...n May 16th as a 7” vinyl and digital download.
www.MorbidAngel.com

Vincent has officially lost his marbles/testosterone.

And apparently morphed into a sort of Nikki Sixx doppelganger as well :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPlYInqruxo

Here's an in-depth analysis from the Morbid Angel boards:

You can't just look up word by word and translate Latin like that. Don't mean to come off as arrogant or anything, but I am a Masters student studying classics (Latin, Greek, and the ancient world in general). I've been reading Latin for 8 years now so hopefully I can offer some insight here.

"DIvinum" does not transliterate to "divinity" or "god". It sounds like it, but it is incorrect. Rather it means 'prophet', or 'diviner/soothsayer/auger' , 'one who has divinely inspired knowledge', or at most 'god-like'.

"insanus" when used in a religious/god-related phrase means "possessed".

"illud" is simply used a demonstrative here.

Plus!!!!! it is incorrect. It should be: illud divinUS insanus. The way the spelled divinus,-a,-um is wrong. They have a neuter demonstrative, masculine adjective noun, but a neuter noun that it modifies.

divinum: neuter, accusative, singular
insanus: masculine, nominative, singular
illud: neiter, accusative, singular

So...... if corrected it means: "That possessed prophet"

As it stands... well, it is nothing. It says "Possessed XXXXX[blank-no word for it to modify], XXXXXXX [missing verb], the prophet.

It's not really Latin at all.

It is just random Latin words.

It seems as if they chose cognates from a dictionary and thought that it worked.... it doesn't. This is beyond embarrassing

And then a bit more:

Actually insanum is an actual Latin word. When you use a Latin dictionary you don't see every form of the word. You see, Latin is what's called an inflected language. Meaning that the endings of the words tell you what it is doing in the sentence. In English when you say: "Tom gave the red book to Sally" you know just what's happening because of WORD ORDER. But... In Latin word order doesn't matter, rather you know that "Tom" is the subject because the word will end with a nominative case ending, you know that "book" is the object because it has an accusative case ending, you know that "red" is an adjective modifying the object [book] because it directly precedes it (in some cases word order does matter) and is the same gender, number, and case. You know that the action is happening in the present tense and is indicating a fact since the Latin verb would have the present singular indicative case-ending. You know that "Sally" is the direct object (meaning that whom is receiving the directing action) because in Latin it would have the dative case-ending. So.... you can re-arrange the words almost endlessly and it would say the same thing.

For English and German (to some extent) for example, the word order lets you know what's going on. In Latin you could take that aforementioned example and phrase it as: "the Book to Sally gives Tom red" and it would make sense and come through as: "Tom gave the red book to Sally" due to the appropriate case endings.

That being said..... in a Latin dictionary what you find is not all the variants of each word, since there are dozens of possible ending for each noun and adjective, and almost 100 different endings for each verb. So a long time ago philologists determined how to catalogue the words you find in a dictionary. Long story short: all nouns listed are listed alphabetically showing only their nominative singular form. For adjectives (modifying words like "pretty", "tall", "fat", etc,...) what is listed is the word in its masculine form (each adjective, generally, can be of either masculine, feminine and neuter). The typical feminine ending is "-a" as in an adjective like 'parva' meaning small. If you are calling a feminine person/place/thing small then it would be preceded by 'parva', but if it is a masculine person/place/thing it would be preceded by 'parvus', and if it were neuter it would be preceded by 'parvum'.

But..... if you try to look up 'parvum' you won't find it in a dictionary. Because it is under 'parvus'. Adjectives are listed under their masculine nominative singular case-ending, followed by the terminations of the other two genders.....

so..... in the case of 'insanum', yes, it is not in any dictionary. But look at 'insanus', and what you'll see is the entry: "insanus, -a, -um".

Nonetheless, the title is wrong. And I have sent an email to Vadim in an attempt to let the band know asap.

Maybe it'll be fixed after a short printing and the typo-ed albums will be rare collector pieces!!

http://mabb.us/forum/index.php

Neither here nor there, but some guys over there have a good taste in music and a great sense of humor.  A very lurkable board...parts of it, anyway.

not going to judge an album based on the cover, but this is some Behemoth-level shit.  truly terrible.

Tracklist:

http://www.facebook.com/officialmorbidangelpage?sk=wall

01. Omni Potens
02. Too Extreme!
03. Existo Vulgoré
04. Blades for Baal
05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS the Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

Tracklist:

http://www.facebook.com/officialmorbidangelpage?sk=wall

01. Omni Potens
02. Too Extreme!
03. Existo Vulgoré
04. Blades for Baal
05. I Am Morbid
06. 10 More Dead
07. Destructos VS the Earth / Attack
08. Nevermore
09. Beauty Meets Beast
10. Radikult
11. Profundis - Mea Culpa

My excitement about or interest in this disc wanes in direct proportion to the amount of information released about it! These song-titles are certainly no exception. 

http://truecultheavymetal.com/blog1.php/2011/04/06/morbid-angel-ilud-divinum-insanus-exclusive-preview

5. 'I’m Morbid'
Guess they didn't have Tom G Warrior in mind when thinking about that title track (R U Morbid anyone?)? But this is bound to be Wacken or Hellfest’s next official anthem. Built upon a spontaneous “Morbid! Morbid! Morbid” crowd chant, recorded during one of the band most recent European tours, its lyrics (“We stand invincible not just a dream/Straight from the underground/The gods are screaming”) are like a call to arms. If there's ever a successful ‘mainstream’ death metal song, this is the it.

9. 'Beauty Meets Beast'
Though this is another heavy monster, when asked if it is the band first openly sexual song (“Oh beautiful child/Come to me moist/I’m the great connoisseur”), Dave answers with a smile and says; “It’s about it time don’t you think?”.

9. 'Radikult'
The album’s sore thumb. Even if Dave says he was influenced by “Dutch hardcore techno, you know gabba” for this one and that in the end, “it’s just extreme music”, it’s hard to know what the Ancient Ones would think of such lyrics as “We’re banging hardcore radical/Maniacal and animal”. This sounds like an unreleased Genitorturers’ track, Dave’s old White Zombie-inspired band, where he played alongside his wife Gen. In the worst case, Marilyn Manson rip-off accusations will fly faster than body parts. If one track on ‘Ilud Divinum Insanus’ is most likely to crystallise the controversy, this is it.

(woe. lol)

I can't wait to pre-order my LP version with the complimentary wooden box, candles, and incense!

^   The Ancient Ones do not approve.

It just gets worse...

A track from the new album has leaked:

"ExistoVulgore" (#3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPESxzNSAQ

You know I didn't think I would ever feel this way, but I kind of wish they would just sell out and do a full on ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME? record. That would provide way more entertainment value in the form of sheer hilarity then this bland track ever could.

First M.A in 8 years....whoop de fucking doo.

Wow, this is really bad.  Absurdly plodding riffs with "first day of guitar lessons" melodies, like Heretic, but tremolo picked so that it sounds a bit more like Covenant on the surface, and with an absurd amount of repetition.  I want to vomit.