Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

New MORBID ANGEL Album to be Released on 6/2/11

Wow, this is really bad.  Absurdly plodding riffs with "first day of guitar lessons" melodies, like Heretic, but tremolo picked so that it sounds a bit more like Covenant on the surface, and with an absurd amount of repetition.  I want to vomit.

That about covers it - the "groovy" feel of the verse section is dreadful too. I think we pretty much know for sure now what this disc will be all about.

A track from the new album has leaked:

"ExistoVulgore" (#3)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxPESxzNSAQ

everything about this album thus far shouts "compromise."  we've got Behemoth artwork, a Cradle of Filth kitsch box and song titles gleaned from a metalcore random word generator. to hear Morbid Angel record a track that's no better than a Slipknot outtake is truly embarrassing. 

Wow, this is really bad.  Absurdly plodding riffs with "first day of guitar lessons" melodies, like Heretic, but tremolo picked so that it sounds a bit more like Covenant on the surface, and with an absurd amount of repetition.  I want to vomit.

It's better than anything off of Heretic. However, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Also, does anyone think that David Vincent kind of sounds like that guy from Lamb Of God?

This track is too extreme for me.

I think you mean x-Treme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aivCrKtHGE&feature=player_embedded#at=230

Aural sodomy for the anally deprived.

the most pathetic aspect of this record is that it took Morbid Angel the better part of 15 years to co-opt nu metal and with somehow less impressive results than a band like Slipknot.  "10 More Dead and the Bodies Piling Higher and Higher.  10 More Dead and the stench grows stronger...with many more, many more to come?"  I don't even think Drowning Pool would be tasteless enough to put that drivel on a record.  It took Morbid Angel 8 years to produce their version of The Least Successful Human Cannonball.

on the plus side, this album finally enables us to give up entirely on Morbid Angel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aivCrKtHGE&feature=player_embedded#at=230

Aural sodomy for the anally deprived.

the most pathetic aspect of this record is that it took Morbid Angel the better part of 15 years to co-opt nu metal and with somehow less impressive results than a band like Slipknot.  "10 More Dead and the Bodies Piling Higher and Higher.  10 More Dead and the stench grows stronger...with many more, many more to come?"  I don't even think Drowning Pool would be tasteless enough to put that drivel on a record.  It took Morbid Angel 8 years to produce their version of The Least Successful Human Cannonball.

on the plus side, this album finally enables us to give up entirely on Morbid Angel.

Unless you're feeling very generous, Covenant is justification enough to give up entirely on Morbid Angel.

So far the album sounds like it will be a Domination part 2, when Morbid Angel became a typical death metal band. I still think that they wrote their best work in the eighties and then perfected it for their masterpiece "Altars Of Madness"

I think after Blessed Are The Sick they fell in the same trap as Slayer did after South Of Heaven. Try to make albums that appeal to as many kids as possible and go on tour to make some money and keep the band in the spotlight. It wouldn't be so bad if David Vincent hadn't exhibited so much rock star behavior but now it's hard for anyone to still take them as serious as they used to be. The "special edition wooden case" doesn't help either but I generally feel the same way about colored vinyl and other collectors editions.

So the full album leaked and it's pretty much Morbid Angel's version of "St. Anger."

The marketing department for Season of the Mist sent out this email trying to promote it:

"The new Morbid Angel album will cause 3rd World War. After June 7th, the extreme metal scene is never gonna be the same again... And I already can't wait the moment I'll be sitting on my sofa listening to "Illus Divinum Insanus" while the world burns! Ha!" - Nergal, BEHEMOTH

"No other band in the entire Extreme Metal genre but Morbid Angel would have ever dared to make 'Illud Divinum Insanus'. There are going to be quite a few unimaginative underground purists who think they know better what kind of album Morbid Angel should or should not be putting out, but with 'Illud Divinum Insanus' Trey and David prove that they answer to no one but themselves. It is an incredibly well written, performed, recorded and produced record." - Karl Sanders, NILE

"One of the best death metal releases since their last album with Vincent. I'm not too much into the techno bits but I am a dude who will appreciate and respect bands doing new things, progressing... So it's all good. Vincent's vocals of course are still as good as they come. And the riffs are definitely there, Trey always delivers. New drummer is killer too!" - Mikael Akerfeldt, OPETH

"The ultimate voice of death metal is back, as hellish as ever!" - Mikael Stanne, DARK TRANQUILLITY

"Glad to see Morbid Angel are back! We had our share of criticism when we first incorporated electronic elements in our sound and we know it takes courage and passion to follow one's own stream of inspiration. This time the guitar work is more impressive than ever and those 11 songs are a real 'tour de force'. With this new album they're not afraid to take the hit from the more conservative audience but that's what it means to be extreme!" - Vorph, SAMAEL

"Innovation, wits and a feral 'no compromise' attitude is what brands the greatest of bands. 'Illud Divinum Insanus' is all that and a leap further! Hail Morbid Angel!" - Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksen, AVA INFERI, ex MAYHEM

"Morbid Angel still prove they can continue their legacy and deliver their madness with a skill so elite. The metal scene has no choice but to give back the crown to the undisputable kings of death metal! MORBID! MORBID! MORBID!" - Anders 'Blakkheim' Nyström, KATATONIA

"This is Morbid Angel the way I've always loved them: unpredictable, forward-thinking, different and extreme. In one word: unique. If you hoped for a dull repeat of the past, look elsewhere. If you want something modern and daring, 'Illud Divinum Insanus' is the masterpiece only Morbid Angel could dream up. Kick-ass!" - Dirk Verbeuren, SOILWORK

"I'd say it was definitely worth the wait. M.A. do their own thing as always and they are good at it. Vincent growls like a horny moose (meant in a positive way) Trey's weird riffing and songwriting is there and Tim Yeung is simply amazing. Maybe a couple of less appealing experimental tracks but over all true, groovy, crushing, heavy and fast as it should be. Rock on!" - Ola Lindgren, GRAVE

So the full album leaked and it's pretty much Morbid Angel's version of "St. Anger."

The marketing department for Season of the Mist sent out this email trying to promote it:

"The new Richard Dawkins book will cause 3rd World War. After June 7th, the mainstream publishing scene is never gonna be the same again... And I already can't wait the moment I'll be sitting on my sofa reading "Religion is st000pid" while the world burns! Ha!" - Nergal, BEHEMOTH

"No other gadget in the entire useless toys for adults genre but Apple would have ever dared to make '' Ipad". Steve and David prove that they answer to no one but themselves. It is an incredibly well written, performed, recorded and produced toy" - Karl Sanders, NILE

"The ultimate voice of faggotry is back, as colourful as ever!" - Mikael Stanne, DARK TRANQUILLITY

"Glad to see Morbid Angel are back! We had our share of criticism when we first incorporated homosexual elements in our sound and we know it takes courage and passion to follow one's own stream of inspiration. This time the penis work is more impressive than ever and those 11 songs are a real 'tour de force'. With this new album they're not afraid to take the hit from the more RACIST!!11!! audience but that's what it means to be a homosexual!!" - Vorph, SAMAEL

"Innovation, wits and a feral 'no compromise' attitude is what brands the greatest of toothpastes. 'Crest Whitening Force' is all that and a leap further! Hail  Crest toothpastes!!!" - Rune "Blasphemer" Eriksen, AVA INFERI, ex MAYHEM

"This is Mcdonalds  the way I've always loved them: unpredictable, forward-thinking, different and extreme. In one word: unique. If you hoped for a dull repeat of the past, look elsewhere. If you want something modern and daring, the Double Cheese Bacon King is the masterpiece only Mcdonalds could dream up. Kick-ass!" - Dirk Verbeuren, SOILWORK

^HA!

That this disc was deemed to require that type of marketing overkill up-front, is immediately proof positive that it simply HAD TO SUCK - and suck it does!!

That song "Nevermore" that they've been playing live for 3 or so years now is the best track on this album.

Kind of sad.

This basically proves that Altars of Madness and Blessed are the Sick were results of moronity temporarily lapsing over into genius.