Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Crust Punk

Re: Crust Punk
July 26, 2013, 11:33:27 PM
What Neurosis is worth listening to? I've only heard Through Silver in Blood and some subsequent releases.

"Pain of Mind" is pretty badass. Sort of like a more bassy, proggy Discharge.

I've been listening to this album over the last couple of weeks and it's really top notch plus I can sort of relate to the feeling of having ones brain stuck in a pressure cooker. Easily on par with Discharge and Amebix.

July 31, 2013, 01:25:20 AM
What Neurosis is worth listening to? I've only heard Through Silver in Blood and some subsequent releases.

"Pain of Mind" is pretty badass. Sort of like a more bassy, proggy Discharge.

I've been listening to this album over the last couple of weeks and it's really top notch plus I can sort of relate to the feeling of having ones brain stuck in a pressure cooker. Easily on par with Discharge and Amebix.

Glad you enjoy it! It really communicates a rather paranoid, creeping feeling throughout. The 'brain in a pressure cooker' analogy is apt. Do check out some of the other bands I mentioned previously; I think you'd enjoy some of them based on your reception of that Neurosis record.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

August 01, 2013, 05:30:29 PM
Do check out some of the other bands I mentioned previously

will do

August 05, 2013, 05:16:07 PM
- discharge
- doom
- amebix
- exploited
- crass (proto)

ps: the majority of crustcore bands have lyrics about anarchy and these things, a little superficial, but there other themes who present a big knowledge.
From Brazil

August 19, 2013, 04:00:34 PM
I wouldn't lump the Exploited in as a crust band. They don't fit musically.

Cool band though, "Troops of Tomorrow" is class.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.