Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Letters from the 90s

Letters from the 90s
March 15, 2011, 04:39:19 AM
Who was fortunate enough to have lived through the glorious early 1990s and able to have created "penpals" with the bands at that time? Can any of you upload interesting letters?

Me being 24 y/o - - of course, I was much too young at the time!

However, thanks to the older fellows that I’ve befriended, I was at many times, given the chance to look through their old Wild Rags magazines (historic!) and also read some really cool letters from individuals  such as Samoth from Emperor and Holocausto from Beherit, and if I remember correctly, a couple of dudes from Mortuary (Mexico). Exciting stuff I must add.

I should also mention that most of my older acquaintances were lucky enough to have visited the Wild Rags headquaters during it’s prime era of the early 90s – it is primarily this reason these old Los Angeles metal heads were given exposure to the early Norwegian Black Metal bands.

I should also add that the Wild Rags Store still stands! The sign is there in the front entrance with a bunch of boxes and old metal posters still inside – however, the building has been abandoned for probably close to 10 years already!

Re: Letters from the 90s
March 15, 2011, 05:11:56 AM
Somebody buy the property and restart it.  Seriously.

Re: Letters from the 90s
March 15, 2011, 02:50:42 PM
Somebody buy the property and restart it.  Seriously.

They should do so with a new name and intentions of better integrity than Wild Rags itself (who I've heard no shortage of complaints about in interviews with bands).