Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Electric Doom Synthesis as a proto-genre

Electric Doom Synthesis as a proto-genre
March 16, 2011, 12:14:10 PM
Holocausto mentions in the DLA interview that he thought there would be room for growth between black metal and industrial. So I'm interested in what this would sound like. An obvious example would be Electric Doom Synthesis which is essentially the darkly majestic spirit of occult black metal removed from its instrumentation and expanded by a new one. However it is a style that sounds unfinished and neither Beherit nor anyone else has even attempted to expand upon it. Personally I think there's a wealth of ideas here and I'm curious to see what would come if we consider it a stepping stone to something more complete.

Re: Electric Doom Synthesis as a proto-genre
March 17, 2011, 01:59:29 PM
Just wait like 5 or 10 years and I'll release an album in the style of EDS.

March 28, 2011, 11:30:17 PM
I agree with your sentiments. And interestingly, I thought exactly the same thing. Why has no band taken up this mantle and continued this genre (unless I am igornant of ones that have). Would be cool. I might give it a shot!

March 29, 2011, 10:22:49 AM
I agree with your sentiments. And interestingly, I thought exactly the same thing. Why has no band taken up this mantle and continued this genre (unless I am igornant of ones that have). Would be cool. I might give it a shot!

Welcome, and please tell more...

March 29, 2011, 03:35:20 PM
I believe that Mushin is your answer and you should check them out ASAP.

Diagnose: lebensgefahr

Lustmord - Prime

If you can get your hands on some Screaming Corpses material, "A Different State of Consciousness" (1987) you can definitely hear experimental stuff that is industrial, nihilistic, but droney like Maeror Tri.

March 30, 2011, 07:02:39 AM
The album offers some interesting ideas which have their inherent obstacles:

- It uses both a narrative and ambient structure however there is often too much division between the two.

- Its thematics give a sense of the blurring of heaven and hell.

- While structure and texture can be expanded, electronic sound often lacks the same 'spontaneous' dynamic of live instuments.

- Compared to metal instruments, electronic sound requires more careful attention to 'production' detail, knowledge of tone sounds is essential.