Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New Gorguts Song

New Gorguts Song
March 21, 2011, 02:09:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEX5n3_p254

(No vocals yet)

Opinions?

The fact that Colin Marston is involved has me somewhat worried that there is going to be too much wankfest going on. The production and riffing is sounding a bit inorganic to my ears right now.

Re: New Gorguts Song
March 21, 2011, 06:11:33 AM
Seems pretty good to me. Luc hasn't me down thus far and it still seems like he hasn't... I think I hear a bit of Marston's influence in it but it isn't all too bad.

March 21, 2011, 06:50:24 PM
Not bad.

March 22, 2011, 12:56:51 AM
This piece is awfully long for having little to say, it drags on and on and doesn't build anything exciting.  There was a moment around the four minute mark where I thought maybe they would tie it all together, but it was wishful thinking.  If this is a demo, and they change the composition around to make sense of all this, then there is hope.  But let's be realistic here folks, as a whole work, this sounds nothing like anything from obscura, and if from wisdom to hate is considered progression by gorguts, then I don't see how anything good can come of this.

March 27, 2011, 03:45:07 AM
Sounds promising to me. Definately needs vocals. Lucs voice is a monster. There was an acoustic piece they have on Considered Dead thats nice. perfect setter for the rest of the album.

March 28, 2011, 02:39:42 AM
A thoroughly unmoving piece of poop....

March 28, 2011, 01:34:35 PM
At the first few moments of the song I thought it sounded ok. But as the song progressed I realized that it's a dumbed down version of Obscura. It has some good moments but as a whole the track doesn't deliver. It's sounds more like crowd pleasing ("d00d the old skool fans will love this! And let's put this part in to appeal to the new fans") like the last Immolation efforts.

Too bad. Maybe the album will have a few decent songs but I doubt it will surpass any of their older material. Might as well listen to any random band trying to imitate Obscura.