Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

"Transcendental hipster black metal"

Re: "Transcendental hipster black metal"
March 28, 2011, 04:05:35 AM
People have been saying that they are selling copies of their manifesto at their shows.   

March 29, 2011, 07:39:06 AM
TROLL MYSPACE PAGE: http://www.myspace.com/transcendentalblackmetal

friend it

Surely having a troll Liturgy page will be looked on by hipsters as hipsters ironically pretending not to like a band they like?

I.e, hipsters will like this because they are inherently self-hating; Liturgy fans will like this because it would be ironic to do so.

EDIT: Seems this point has already been made...

March 29, 2011, 08:17:33 AM

But on the bright side the bad publicity this thread generates is bound to make us all famous and rich.

"ANUS.com called, they want their community college flunky's fractured take on music philosophy back." The most liked comment in the video.

Some people just feel threatened by big words, some can discern actual discussion with articulated and formalized concepts.

March 29, 2011, 10:16:52 AM
Just stop posting excuses for being a lame-ass faggot while cool people are actually trying to do something to stop a new trend from growing, it's just making yourself look very dumb and this forum look divided to outsiders.
I attacked the idea of someone being a lame-ass faggot, I did not directly call anyone a lame-ass faggot. But if I called you a cry-baby for your post it wouldn't be far from the truth. Yet I won't, so sue me for all you want.

HAAAA I wasn't directly attacking  anyone for attacking someone in actuality, I only indirectly attacked an idea about in the event someone attacked a persona bblblblblbl...You a lawyer now?
Be careful or you'll make this forum look divided to outsiders! 

March 30, 2011, 07:18:59 AM
Surely having a troll Liturgy page will be looked on by hipsters as hipsters ironically pretending not to like a band they like?

I.e, hipsters will like this because they are inherently self-hating; Liturgy fans will like this because it would be ironic to do so.

Possibly, but so far it seems that the overwelming majority is metalheads joining the facebook page.  But either way it is better that this band is remembered as  joke rather than anything else.

The pages seem to be doing exaclty that.  If they were somehow helping to legitemize the band I would take them down, but it seems quite the opposite is happening.

March 30, 2011, 07:41:12 AM
People have been saying that they are selling copies of their manifesto at their shows.  

Pro troll: print a counter manifesto, in exactly the same format, with exactly the same length, called "transcenderpal black metal", where every instance of the word "transcendental" becomes "transcenderpal", and every instance of the word "chaos" becomes "cockfun".  Sell it after Liturgy shows after punching the shit out of the band.

March 30, 2011, 10:08:58 PM
"ANUS.com called, they want their community college flunky's fractured take on music philosophy back." The most liked comment in the video.

Some people just feel threatened by big words, some can discern actual discussion with articulated and formalized concepts.

Triple H is a trust fund baby with an Ivy League education and those are the only reasons anyone is paying attention to his empty rhetoric. 

March 30, 2011, 10:28:16 PM

Triple H is a trust fund baby with an Ivy League education and those are the only reasons anyone is paying attention to his empty rhetoric.  

Which is also why the hipster typically wears lots of plaid clothing and grows out it's facial hair. They want to disguise the fact that they are basically rich suburb brats who are reliant on their parent's income for the majority of their joke "adult" lives.

And underneath all this posturing is just a heap of self loathing and secret disgust.

March 31, 2011, 04:38:07 AM
They want to disguise the fact that they are basically rich suburb brats who are reliant on their parent's income for the majority of their joke "adult" lives.

Except that even in the beginning black metal was just an attempt by bourgeoisie kids to escape their meaningless existence.  Your life is hardly any less of a joke.