Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

"Transcendental hipster black metal"

Re: "Transcendental hipster black metal"
March 23, 2011, 02:41:06 PM
Then ignore them. Give them nothing to push back against. They will crumble much quicker when they are simply ignored.

It's a lie. I have heard it about countless of mainstream "performers" - that they will quickly disappear, that after a few years nobody will remember them. Instead they stay and became icons or at least are associated with a certain time. You can often hear that it was their time. Instead of being forgotten they actually wrote musical history and gone to dictionaries. On a metal microscale you can clearly see, that parasites can live very long and well. And after a few years of activity (thanks to their perseverance and mild, friendly environment), it doesn't matter if they eventually leave/expose themselves/got bored (it's probably already longer than most of good bands life span), because damage has been done and standards and definitions are changed by and for them. Are we a trees to not shook off the parasites? What happened to good old violent fun? It's not about some "metal ideals" but simply about intolerance for such weaklings yet scumbags.

So fuck off with your appeasement. There should be some manifestation of proper ideas, a statement, or it starts to seem like there's nothing else or that nobody cares, so everything is allowed.

March 23, 2011, 02:57:44 PM
I agree. Physical force is certainly a viable option

Really? There are perfectly good reasons why society prohibits the use of force against people just because they did something you disagree with.

although I am 99.9% certain these pansies would call the police and charge you with "assault".

What exactly is being suggested by "physical force" and how is it not assault? Or are we simply redefining terms at our own convenience here?

March 23, 2011, 03:47:02 PM
What exactly is being suggested by "physical force" and how is it not assault? Or are we simply redefining terms at our own convenience here?
Well not to be a dick, but technically the use of physical force is not assault.  It's battery.  Assault is the act demonstrating one's intention or willingness to use force against another.  So as an example, brandishing a firearm or knife or really any weapon would constitute assault.  Using it would be... well that depends on what happens.

March 23, 2011, 03:49:29 PM
Then ignore them. Give them nothing to push back against. They will crumble much quicker when they are simply ignored.

It's a lie. I have heard it about countless of mainstream "performers" - that they will quickly disappear, that after a few years nobody will remember them. Instead they stay and became icons or at least are associated with a certain time. You can often hear that it was their time. Instead of being forgotten they actually wrote musical history and gone to dictionaries. On a metal microscale you can clearly see, that parasites can live very long and well. And after a few years of activity (thanks to their perseverance and mild, friendly environment), it doesn't matter if they eventually leave/expose themselves/got bored (it's probably already longer than most of good bands life span), because damage has been done and standards and definitions are changed by and for them. Are we a trees to not shook off the parasites? What happened to good old violent fun? It's not about some "metal ideals" but simply about intolerance for such weaklings yet scumbags.

So fuck off with your appeasement. There should be some manifestation of proper ideas, a statement, or it starts to seem like there's nothing else or that nobody cares, so everything is allowed.

In the 3 days this thread has been up (which has received 1000+ views), the youtube video in the first post has almost doubled in views. That was 1800 viewers since last year, and now about 1400 in three days. My opinion is demonstrably correct.

March 23, 2011, 04:34:40 PM

In the 3 days this thread has been up (which has received 1000+ views), the youtube video in the first post has almost doubled in views. That was 1800 viewers since last year, and now about 1400 in three days. My opinion is demonstrably correct.

No it is not. It means that people are now visiting the youtube video to laugh at Liturgy. Bad publicity does not equal good publicity. It is the opposite, hence the different use of words.

If no one had ever heard of Liturgy then yes, at least they would have gotten some publicity this way. But now they're becoming the laughingstock of the metal community. What's your problem with that anyway? After all if you would ignore us then we'd simply *magically* go away according to your own logic.

March 23, 2011, 04:42:24 PM
Any new views from this site that they are getting are from ACTUAL metal heads who then post negative comments.  Metalheads are on this site, not hipsters.  Before it was only hipsters who were hearing these fools wich allowed them to get extremely positive reviews and reception in  their hipster 'metal' scene.  They had nothing but positive reviews on the web until this post was made, now people are starting to spout negative opinions of this band, that is a great change.

If we can make the troll fanpages almost as well known as the real one then no one will take them seriously, everyone will think they are a joke.  This is soooo much better then having all sorts of idiots think that they are real metal.  Remember what happened to death metal?  It wasnt until deathcore was already popular that anyone spoke out against it, now look, deathcore is MUCH bigger than deathmetal and death metal is dying fast (in the USA anyway).  You really want that to happen to black metal?  This hipster shit is already more popular than real american black metal in the USA.

I for one dont want to see another stupid american trend ruin another extreme metal genre.

March 23, 2011, 07:36:35 PM
Well not to be a dick, but technically the use of physical force is not assault.  It's battery.  Assault is the act demonstrating one's intention or willingness to use force against another.  So as an example, brandishing a firearm or knife or really any weapon would constitute assault.  Using it would be... well that depends on what happens.

And that's why I asked what was meant by "physical force.". At any rate, the distinction between assault and battery is no longer recognized in many places: http://criminal.findlaw.com/crimes/a-z/assault_battery.html

And I'd still like to know what "physical force" would be if it amounts neither to assault nor battery. What exactly is the point of declaring that physical force would be a legitimate tactic to use against somebody if it didn't at least amount to threatening and intimidating somebody? After all, we're trying to get somebody to stop doing something by using "physical force." What on Earth would make it different from, say, engaging in moral censure or something along those lines, if it weren't something that at least amounted to assault?

March 24, 2011, 01:50:59 AM
If no one had ever heard of Liturgy then yes, at least they would have gotten some publicity this way.

No-one had heard of Liturgy, bar a few locals who saw them at shows. This is not a big or important band. You are making it out like it is.

March 24, 2011, 02:55:10 AM
If no one had ever heard of Liturgy then yes, at least they would have gotten some publicity this way.

No-one had heard of Liturgy, bar a few locals who saw them at shows. This is not a big or important band. You are making it out like it is.

Oh really? So they must not be important to you either then. So why do you care so much?

There have been several arguments in this thread that explain why it's important to target these bands before they become famous. Why do you keep repeating your own arguments? Perhaps you like the sound of your own voice? Frankly I'm getting tired of your whining. You're contradicting yourself all the time and your intentions are vague to say the least.

That Cunter-than-cunt Hendrix fellow acts like he's the new leading light of black metal but everyone can tell that he's just a pretentious hipster. That alone makes him a worthy target for being made fun of.

Unlike you I will not repeat myself again. Tell me what your obsession is with defending this band or I shall fill in the blanks myself. If you really didn't care about this band then you wouldn't care if they were made fun of either. If you knew anus.com then you'd know that trolling goes on pretty much all the time here. So why do you keep popping up in this thread insisting that we leave Liturgy alone?

March 24, 2011, 02:56:33 AM

Oh really? So they must not be important to you either then. So why do you care so much?

There have been several arguments in this thread that explain why it's important to target these bands before they become famous. Why do you keep repeating your own arguments? Perhaps you like the sound of your own voice? Frankly I'm getting tired of your whining. You're contradicting yourself all the time and your intentions are vague to say the least.

That Cunter-than-cunt Hendrix fellow acts like he's the new leading light of black metal but everyone can tell that he's just a pretentious hipster. That alone makes him a worthy target for being made fun of.

Unlike you I will not repeat myself again. Tell me what your obsession is with defending this band or I shall fill in the blanks myself. If you really didn't care about this band then you wouldn't care if they were made fun of either. If you knew anus.com then you'd know that trolling goes on pretty much all the time here. So why do you keep popping up in this thread insisting that we leave Liturgy alone?

March 24, 2011, 03:47:06 AM
I agree. Physical force is certainly a viable option

Really? There are perfectly good reasons why society prohibits the use of force against people just because they did something you disagree with.

although I am 99.9% certain these pansies would call the police and charge you with "assault".

Somebody cap this faggot.

March 24, 2011, 04:33:11 AM

I find it pleasantly amusing that you think negative attention will help to "end" this band, whilst linking to a youtube celebrity who has built a sustained career on the back of nothing but negative publicity. Good going, bro.

March 24, 2011, 06:18:02 AM

I find it pleasantly amusing that you think negative attention will help to "end" this band, whilst linking to a youtube celebrity who has built a sustained career on the back of nothing but negative publicity. Good going, bro. ...

March 24, 2011, 08:43:27 AM

I find it pleasantly amusing that you think negative attention will help to "end" this band, whilst linking to a youtube celebrity who has built a sustained career on the back of nothing but negative publicity. Good going, bro. ...

Yes because a comedian and a "black metal" band are exactly the same. Duh... you must be really desperate for arguments. You're also evading my arguments. Good going, brhomo...

I beg you now to either come up with some decent arguments or just shut the hell up. If anything you're making it obvious you are the one being trolled by this whole discussion. Did you manage to get any sleep last night? You've reached the point where you make no sense anymore and just come across as pathetic.